Connect two receivers

J

jonate

Enthusiast
How can I connect my (Samsung HW-D7000) to my (Pioneer VSX-D601)?

I am wanting to use the Pioneer to power a separate set of speakes that are on the porch. Thanks in advance for any help.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You do not have any analog ouputs on the Samsung so you are out of luck.

J

jonate

Enthusiast
Thanks for the quick response. That is what I was thinking. Any suggestions how can use the already installed speakers I have on the porch with a seperate volume control so they would not be on while I was inside watching TV...

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What sources are you using?

If they have both analog and HDMI connections then just use the analog outputs to the Pioneer while keeping the HDMI inputs to the Samsung.

J

jonate

Enthusiast
I am thinking of not using the Pioneer at all and just hooking up the Samsung to the outdoor speakers. How can I do this and control the outdoor speakers separately?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You cannot. The receiver does not have a second zone or even B speaker outputs.

Your only option would be to get a impedance matching speaker selector and then you could use either one set or both sets at the same time but the source would have to be the same.

They do make selectors with volume control but it would mess with the setup in the main zone and they are fairly expensive. (min $125 Link) At that point you may just want to consider a receiver that will have all the functions you want.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
The surround back channels do have an option to Bi-amp... I suppose you could hook up the outside speakers to that and set the menu accordingly. You'd have to adjust this menu setting every time you wanted to use them and the indoor speakers would also be on.. \... Kind of a pain really.

I don't think you have any good options with the gear you have. I would setup a stand alone system with the Pioneer or look at getting a new receiver with a 2nd zone feature. Keep in mind that some receivers won't play digital formats in the 2nd zone.

J

jonate

Enthusiast
Could I hook the speakers up to the surround back channels and turn the volume up and then put a volume control switch between the amp and speakers to adjust the levels?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Could I hook the speakers up to the surround back channels and turn the volume up and then put a volume control switch between the amp and speakers to adjust the levels?
Technically yes... but you won't be able to operate them without the fronts also being on. The speaker selector would allow you to do that.

J

jonate

Enthusiast
Can any of you help with this?

I just purchased a Samsung HW-D7000 receiver and have hooked it up to my Dierctv receiver. When I connect the HDMI form the Sat receiver to the "HDMI TV" input I can not get the display to give me the option to choose that source. If I use the "AUX 1 HDMI 3" input it works just fine. I know this may sound a little petty, but by not using the correct input, the display does not show what I am really using and seems that I am losing an input. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis