Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Dissing Coffee ... Really ... really?

As long as it's not overdone, like many other things, it shouldn't pose a problem. Also, don't think I'd be putting any weight to some unknown website article.

Steve
I should have known that saying anything negative about coffee would bring the wrath of Canada upon me but dismissing the article seems a bit defensive. That article links to a Wiki page too but that might be on the Tim Horton's forbidden reading list. :p :D

I'm an admitted 15 minute expert on the topic but my motive for reducing/eliminating caffeine is to give this diet I'm on every chance to succeed. So far so good. I finally got the numbers moving in the right direction again after a week of back sliding. :)

-18.4 lbs

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You clearly haven't been following my career. Glaciers move faster. Much, much faster. Besides, my boss doesn't know that I did that - just you guys. :)
Well, what if you moved a bit faster? Then maybe, you might not have to spend so much time at work.:rolleyes::D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I should have known that saying anything negative about coffee would bring the wrath of Canada upon me but dismissing the article seems a bit defensive. That article links to a Wiki page too but that might be on the Tim Horton's forbidden reading list. :p :D

I'm an admitted 15 minute expert on the topic but my motive for reducing/eliminating caffeine is to give this diet I'm on every chance to succeed. So far so good. I finally got the numbers moving in the right direction again after a week of back sliding. :)

-18.4 lbs
Canada and Norway :p

Well done and good luck with your process !!!!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
You clearly haven't been following my career. Glaciers move faster. Much, much faster. Besides, my boss doesn't know that I did that - just you guys. :)
wow..... how much faster that is? :rolleyes:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, what if you moved a bit faster? Then maybe, you might not have to spend so much time at work.:rolleyes::D
Funny - that's what my boss keeps telling me. I always ignore him, though. Why would I listen to somebody who, after 30 years, hasn't found a better job than managing people at UPS? :eek: :D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

-18.4 lbs
There's this thing called decaf.:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
the wrath of Canada "a Wiki page on the Tim Horton's forbidden reading list. I'm an expert on reducing/eliminating caffeine to succeed. So far so good. I finally got the numbers moving in the direction of back sliding. 18.4 lbs
Gotta love editing. :D

Good job keep losing that weight. Far too many people stay fat an unhealthy.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief

-18.4 lbs
I'm just razzin ya, anything you need to do (that's safe) that helps you reach your goal is good! :)

Being a somewhat heavy coffee user myself, though I have cut down over the years, I'm very familiar with the acute effects. There are many articles, such as ones from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) that cover risk factors and they review reseach from many accredited sources.

Steve

P.S. Not sure if my Tim Horton's IE plug-in bar filters my search responses. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I stopped at a Starbucks and got a dark roast coffee and
poured 9 sugars and bunch of half and half into it. That's good for ya, right? :rolleyes:
That is progress.
Just the fact you've cut down to 9 sugars had to be a big step.;)

Since you're making such good progress
I hope going cold turkey with your diet doesn't hamper your success.
Like when:
You and Adam are watching Broke Back Mountain for the 20th time....
and you turn to each other and say, "I just can't quit you!" :D
It's a little like that with dieting. Don't cut out 100% of your favorite food, or you'll feel cheated all the time.
That will make it harder to stick with it.
All kidding aside...Good Luck!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've gone digital.
I figured :)...what I meant was, that's not really meaningful, is it? I suppose it depends on when/how you weigh yourself. Naked, with the same clothes on, with different clothes on? Do you weigh yourself after your whatever-frequency, ummm, dump? A cup of fluid weighs half a pound, so just not having urinated yet can cause deltas over a pound.

That will make it harder to stick...
He does like a challenge. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW...spartan reporting for duty, General STRONGBADF1, SIR!

[Congrats on the promotion, Doug.]
And now it is you that has become a might Spartan - congrats, Doug!

(Sorry that I missed posting when it happened.)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Adam you sicko,

This is the second time my dookies have been brought up and I'm more than a little creeped out by it. I'm really bucking for the biggest difference from my record high to my record low and that is normally achieved in the morning or after a nap. For some reason sleep seems to take weight off. As you mentioned there are other bodily functions that leave you lighter and I do use the 'after' number. The number itself isn't as important as the fact that it keeps getting bigger. Right now it's 19.2. My scale is digital and it reads in increments 0.2. I'm really looking forward to weighing in below 260. That's only 3 pounds away.

I should have done this years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis