so I talked to Netflix today,check this out

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
for the last month or so,I have been mailing back blurays(using the same USPS blue box I have for years) and they used to get the disc one day after I mailed it,lately it has taken 4 or 5 days for them to receive them,so I called them up to see if my local netflix dist depot moved or closed,they said no,that there is an investigation going on that they think that postal employees are seeing the disc and taking them home and watching them then mailing them again.I am going to start taking them directly to the PO and see if that helps.they are going to document that and monitor my discs and see if that helps them.

can you believe that ? crazy ! :irate:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
WTH? I am guessing it is a particular person... I live a few blocks from the PO, so I usually dropped it there, but in one of the boxes outside.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
That's making me wonder if it's a common occurrence.
Netflix emails me every few months and asks when I received a disk and when I sent it back.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Netflix emails me every few months and asks when I received a disk and when I sent it back.
Yep, I think they do that to everyone. I get the same thing for streaming. I never had one go over 1 day unless it was a holiday or something, but I have since dropped the disc service.

Are the packages showing up to them resealed? They have that sticky seal on them, so if they are taped closed, that would be a good indicator someone is playing games.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Another reason I like BB. I just drop off my discs at the store on the way to work in the morning.

R

redgirl

Junior Audioholic
I agree. I'm sure it's an individual or they'd have a huge, company-wide problem.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
for the last month or so,I have been mailing back blurays(using the same USPS blue box I have for years) and they used to get the disc one day after I mailed it,lately it has taken 4 or 5 days for them to receive them,so I called them up to see if my local netflix dist depot moved or closed,they said no,that there is an investigation going on that they think that postal employees are seeing the disc and taking them home and watching them then mailing them again.I am going to start taking them directly to the PO and see if that helps.they are going to document that and monitor my discs and see if that helps them.

can you believe that ? crazy ! :irate:
Not surprising. They have cameras everywhere once it enters a facility.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Another reason I like BB. I just drop off my discs at the store on the way to work in the morning.
That would be convenient except that there are only like 3 stores in the area and NONE are near me.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Are the packages showing up to them resealed? They have that sticky seal on them, so if they are taped closed, that would be a good indicator someone is playing games.
'If' it's happening, it must be when it's returned. Maybe Netflix is seeing something on their end.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
That may be a good indication that it is happening to you too.

I would think it would be hard to reseal it and a telltale sign would show that it was opened.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I believe Netflix has done this in the past (slower response time) to higher volume disc users.

Steve

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I would think it would be hard to reseal it and a telltale sign would show that it was opened.
If you have your own NF account for 2 movies at a clip you can send back 2 moves in 1 envelope leaving you with an extra envelope at least once a week. That way there is no resealing involved.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
If you have your own NF account for 2 movies at a clip you can send back 2 moves in 1 envelope leaving you with an extra envelope at least once a week. That way there is no resealing involved.
Leave it to Alex to come up with the most eloquent way to scam the system. :p

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I heard about that too, but basically never had it happen to me as far as I can tell. I think they slow people down because they quickly realized that some people were just ripping the discs and sending them back. There's no way you watched 4 movies in 2 days and 12 movies in a week realistically....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis