Blu-ray/DVD stand alone recorder?

sonicman

sonicman

Junior Audioholic
Just completed upgrading my TV home entertainment center - added a HDTV (LGLV5500) & a new Sony Blu-ray player - I love to burn DVDs of public domain movies off the TCM channel (and could consider other options) - for a number of years I had the Sony unit shown below - this was a stand alone recorder that made me hundreds of DVDs from the source mention - it attached via a 3-cable (the usual red-while-yellow) RCA connector.

Now, I'd love to replace this unit w/ an updated one that will record Blu-ray and also double layer DVD for more than 2-hr storage - any suggestions for such a new offering? Thanks - Dave

J

JazzGuyy

Audiophyte
At least in North America, there are none. The only way I know of to do this sort of thing is via a home theater PC.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Just completed upgrading my TV home entertainment center - added a HDTV (LGLV5500) & a new Sony Blu-ray player - I love to burn DVDs of public domain movies off the TCM channel (and could consider other options) - for a number of years I had the Sony unit shown below - this was a stand alone recorder that made me hundreds of DVDs from the source mention - it attached via a 3-cable (the usual red-while-yellow) RCA connector.

Now, I'd love to replace this unit w/ an updated one that will record Blu-ray and also double layer DVD for more than 2-hr storage - any suggestions for such a new offering? Thanks - Dave

It's not going to happen. The studios have seen to that.

V

vinicior

Banned
At least in North America, no. The only way I know to do something like this happens through the home theater PC. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis