Only On PSN Launches Tomorrow

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
This is a new program focused on bringing PS2 classics to PSN, while many would rather see the return of B/C but we all know it's never going to happen. Sony has released several PS2 titles as HD Collections but not content with just doing that there will be several more PS2 titles released via PSN here what's coming for tomorrows PSN update.

• God Hand
  • GrimGrimoire
  • Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
  • Odin Sphere
  • Ring of Red

Sony is offering incentives to PS+ members which are
  • 20% off during the launch week for each game that launches through the “Only on PSN” program.
  • Spend $60 through your PSN wallet, you’ll get $10 worth of credit to November purchases.

Several titles that are set to release this month will also be part of the program and they are

• Eufloria
  • Okabu
  • inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood
  • PixelJunk Sidescroller

While this will never make-up for B/C it will give some of the gaming youngsters a chance to play some those titles that us old guys keep talking about.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Eufloria looks cool. Pixeljunk Sidescroller looks iffy; fun but to similar to Shooter.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Thought I would show some vids of the PS2 titles set to drop on PSN tomorrow.

Sorry guys I couldn't find a trailer for the Ring of Red but here's a review that will fill you in on Ring of Red.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Here are some more trailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Gotcha. You know I thought that was going to be a big deal when I got my PS 2 and then my PS 3 but both times, once the new games came out I never wanted to go back to the old ones. I think the only PS 2 games I would have any interest in picking back up would be Rock Band or Guitar Hero, but I never have with those either.

They need to make a PS 3 Onimusha game though. I loved those.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I have a ton of ps2 games that I would still love to play (or haven't even played yet). I still have my original ps2 of course, but I'm glad I have an original ps3 that's capable of playing said games.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have a ton of ps2 games that I would still love to play (or haven't even played yet). I still have my original ps2 of course, but I'm glad I have an original ps3 that's capable of playing said games.
You'd better try them before saying that. Not ALL ps2 games are compatible... Most of the ones I played on mine froze and/or crashed at some point, and those were compatible ones. I haven't played a PS2 game on my PS3 in years, and now that RE4 is out for the PS3, there's one less reason to need B/C.

Now if they would just either release Okami for PS3 or a sequel....:D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I've only come across one game so far that has given me issues. I don't plan on getting rid of my ps2 so I'll always be able to fall back on that :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis