Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm amazed at how large the visible universe is. The thought that there are likely portions of the universe that are so far away that we would never be able to detect them even if we survived forever is mind boggling.

Related to that, I'm sad that everything that I've ever seen will eventually cease to exist.
Gettin' awful philosophical aren't ya?

I buddy of mine has an iPad and there's an app (can't remember the name) for observing and identifying the celestial bodies from your location, depending on how you aim the iPad. You just aim it like a telescope and it shows what's in front of it. It even identifies satellites passing overhead. Are you familiar with it? It's pretty cool, I have to say.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Well, truth be told, we don't know if they have already ceased to exist - we only know that when we can see it. :) But, fair enough. Even though the ultimate end will be long, long (and several longs after that) after I'm gone - it still saddens me.
You need an audio telescope to hear my relatives.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I buddy of mine has an iPad and there's an app (can't remember the name) for observing and identifying the celestial bodies from your location, depending on how you aim the iPad. You just aim it like a telescope and it shows what's in front of it. It even identifies satellites passing overhead. Are you familiar with it? It's pretty cool, I have to say.
I have Google Sky Map for my Android phone. I agree - pretty cool!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ewww, I can buy Uranium. Maybe I can split an atom in my kitchen just like that dude in Sweden was trying to do.

I like the tank. I could go to work and not worry at all. "Yeah, park close to me now, f**kers." I wonder if I could get reactive armor that would detonate if someone swung their door into it. Too bad it requires an import license - I wonder how someone gets a license for a tank.

Matt34

Matt34

Quote of the day:

I am literally being chased around while on the phone by Jihadist skunks. Their spray contains the poison of oppression and militant Islam.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have almost zero reason for it, but I find myself wanting to get one of these for my PC13-Ultra.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm amazed at how large the visible universe is. The thought that there are likely portions of the universe that are so far away that we would never be able to detect them even if we survived forever is mind boggling.

Related to that, I'm sad that everything that I've ever seen will eventually cease to exist.
Adam I glad to hear you're not over thinking things.:):D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have almost zero reason for it, but I find myself wanting to get one of these for my PC13-Ultra.

I thought about it for my PB12+ and then thought I don't need the extra power and I could just put that money towards a receiver that has Audyssey that can EQ the sub. and then again maybe I need two sub with the extra power...:D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I thought about it for my PB12+ and then thought I don't need the extra power and I could just put that money towards a receiver that has Audyssey that can EQ the sub. and then again maybe I need two sub with the extra power...:D
I really want to buy all the parts to complete my projects, but I know it's better to take it slow.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I just found out that Kate Mulgrew, who played Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager (which I'm watching right now), was about my age in the first season. She just seems infinitely more mature than I feel.
She was on Warehouse13 over the weekend. Man did she put on the poundage.:eek:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
We seem to forget how long its been since that show was on tv.....and she wasn't a spring chicken back then. Anyone noticed Ryker? Reminds me of the Gordon's Fisherman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis