Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam has a lemon and should have sent it back.
You probably missed where I mentioned that I can't send it back - but it was free, so I'm not out anything. I was hoping to get a replacement, but they didn't have any more of them.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks - I checked out their site after I noticed the issues, but they charge $28 for shipping. I'm not willing to pay that much to fix a free watch. Yep, I'm cheap. I am going to contact them to get their thoughts on it, though.
I'll save you the cost of a call. They think it's broken.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'll save you the cost of a call. They think it's broken.
:D I meant their thoughts on how to fix it. They provided it to Amazon as part of the Vine program, in which they allow members to use products in return for reviews of those products. I don't think that I'm in a good position to review it as I don't know if the issues are due to quality control, shipping damage, or otherwise. They might be willing to send me a new one, or they might not care at all.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
:D I meant their thoughts on how to fix it. They provided it to Amazon as part of the Vine program, in which they allow members to use products in return for reviews of those products. I don't think that I'm in a good position to review it as I don't know if the issues are due to quality control, shipping damage, or otherwise. They might be willing to send me a new one, or they might not care at all.
I'm thinking that they might want you to review a working product. It would be in their best interest to replace it. Otherwise, your review may not shine such a good light on them.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm thinking that they might want you to review a working product. It would be in their best interest to replace it. Otherwise, your review may not shine such a good light on them.
I just e-mailed them this morning. I didn't come out and ask for a replacement, but I did mention wanting to give it a fair review. The Vine program removed that item from my list of products to review (which they do if they can't replace a defective item), so I'm not obligated to review it anymore. However, it is a stunning watch. Sure, it looks like a desk clock on my wrist, but the thing is built like a tank and (IMO) quite attractive. I'd give them a great review if I knew for sure that this wasn't a quality control issue.

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It is a quality control issue. Any decent local watch repair shop should be able to fix it inexpensively if it's just a matter of resetting the hands.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just cleaned and conditioned the leather in the backseat of the car. I was going to do that for the whole car, but I got lazy. I hope more of the conditioner wipes off after a while because it's still a bit slick.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Just cleaned and conditioned the leather in the backseat of the car. I was going to do that for the whole car, but I got lazy. I hope more of the conditioner wipes off after a while because it's still a bit slick.
Alex won't mind...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just found out that Kate Mulgrew, who played Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager (which I'm watching right now), was about my age in the first season. She just seems infinitely more mature than I feel.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I just found out that Kate Mulgrew, who played Captain Janeway on Star Trek Voyager (which I'm watching right now), was about my age in the first season. She just seems infinitely more mature than I feel.
Well Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm contemplating buying Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee for the PC from Amazon for $2.50. I had it for the PlayStation back in the 90's, but I gave it and the PS to my brother years ago. Might be fun to play again.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm amazed at how large the visible universe is. The thought that there are likely portions of the universe that are so far away that we would never be able to detect them even if we survived forever is mind boggling.

Related to that, I'm sad that everything that I've ever seen will eventually cease to exist.

majorloser

majorloser

Related to that, I'm sad that everything that I've ever seen will eventually cease to exist.
A lot of the things you are looking at through a telescope ALREADY have ceased to exist. And the ending events won't be seen in our galaxy till long after we're gone. :rolleyes::confused::(

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
A lot of the things you are looking at through a telescope ALREADY have ceased to exist. And the ending events won't be seen in our galaxy till long after we're gone. :rolleyes::confused::(
Well, truth be told, we don't know if they have already ceased to exist - we only know that when we can see it. :) But, fair enough. Even though the ultimate end will be long, long (and several longs after that) after I'm gone - it still saddens me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis