Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm thinking about updating the firmware on my Pioneer VSX-23. That's not officially supported by Pioneer, so if I brick it - it's on me. I've got to consider if it's worth the risk. I know that the new firmware will fix the mildly annoying issue of the remote not always being able to turn the receiver on, but I can live with that. I'm wondering if it will speed up the transition of HDMI sources - it takes a few seconds to sync up with my TV.

Deep down, I already know that I'm going to try it...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Sweet - didn't brick it! :) I'm very happy that it remembered all of the calibration settings, too.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
So...did it help with the issues you were having.:)
Well, it didn't change the HDMI switching delay. As for not being able to turn it on from the remote, that was a fairly rare event, so I'm not sure if I'll ever know. :)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it didn't change the HDMI switching delay. As for not being able to turn it on from the remote, that was a fairly rare event, so I'm not sure if I'll ever know. :)
Anti-climatic.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've finally gotten streaming from my PC to my PS3 working really well. Probably the newer version of PS3 Media Server that's done it, as I don't think my network is any faster than before.

Either way, it's pretty sweet. I'm watching an episode of Supernatural that I recorded on my PC last night.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I posted this in a contest thread, but it seems fitting to put it here, too. :)

The evolution of my humble "theater." While some will call it plain, it doesn't mind. It's sexy...and it knows it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
96cobra10101

96cobra10101

Senior Audioholic
Does that sub knock everything off the shelves when you play it

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Does that sub knock everything off the shelves when you play it
Nah, but I don't play stuff very loud anymore. When I first got it, though, before I had everything calibrated, I played Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and the bass in that movie actually shook me. It was awesome! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis