Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For two years, I've been cycling through inputs on my TV that I never use. I just realized today that I can have it skip those. Doh!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm guessing that it's a combination of a better clipper and sharper blades (my old clipper blades weren't ever sharpened over the ~12 years that I used them), but my hair just feels better - that's the only word that I can think of - after cutting it than it used to.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I should be a vegan.
Meat is murder ... tasty, tasty murder.

I just got back from a golf course cookout. Soy dogs and garden burgers ... not. :p

On the way there I picked up about 30 classical albums from the 50's and 60's from a lady who had them listed for free on Craigslist. A couple of them are the Shaded Dog LSC variety, nothing crazy valuable but still nice to have.

... like a record, baby ... lol :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
... like a record, baby ...
I might just have that on 45. :) I'm not sure, though. My brother is the one who bought it, but I might have gotten it from him later on. I haven't looked at my records in a few years. Not since transferring some over to digital files on my computer.

I just listened to a couple of songs on YouTube that I hadn't thought about it a while. The internet is a wonderful thing. There were some songs that I use to search for without success years ago, and now they're just a few clicks away.

I remember having a CD by this group that was stolen (along with another ~200 CDs) in college. I kept checking the used CD bins at school because I figured if one was there, it was from the person who stole mine. I was guessing that I was the only one around with a copy. Back then, I could list every CD that was stolen but one. I'd be hard pressed to name 50 CDs that I have now...a combination of age and not having used them for years.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
On the way there I picked up about 30 classical albums from the 50's and 60's from a lady who had them listed for free on Craigslist.
Nothing's free, including talking her into placing that ad.

The trap has been sprung, and the tracker is live. We have you now.

Rick, bring the laced bacon. Doug, bring the rope. We'll use the box at his place.

Al*****e, the hunter has become the hunted. It's go time.

Even I'm not sure where all that came from... :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Slight delay...Doug ate some of the bacon on the way there. ****ing no self control! On our way to Starbucks to try and jolt him awake.

Hmmm. This play by play isn't helping our stealthiness. Hopefully Alex's overwhelming desire for bacon will muffle out any warning voices in his head.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
****ing no self control!
lol :D

I have found a couple of breakfast joints in Boston that open before 6:00 AM and have been getting bacon, egg and cheese on everything bagels for a few weeks now. I then went to double egg ... then to two of those puppies but backed down to just one as that seemed excessive ... but then I figured since I was only having one I may as well do double egg and double bacon ... how's that for self control ... and thinking?

Note: I realize some health freak just read this and had a blood vessel burst.

Edit: naptime right after I hear PT's Neural Rust that j_garcia posted

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have found a couple of breakfast joints in Boston that open before 6:00 AM...
Eating out for breakfast is strange to me - not saying it is strange, just that I almost never do it. I take it that you're not a big cereal fan?

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
lol :D

I then went to double egg ... then to two of those puppies but backed down to just one as that seemed excessive ... but then I figured since I was only having one I may as well do double egg and double bacon ... how's that for self control ... and thinking?
True....think of all those pesky carbs you're saving yourself by cutting out the second bagel.:rolleyes::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Washed the fofu this morning. While drying it off, I realized that I hadn't put my new registration sticker on from last month, yet. Remedied that. I got a warning a few years back for the same thing, and I don't want a ticket.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think my neighbor a floor below got a new sub... The question is should complain to him running it high, suggest subdude or a down-firing sub myself?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I think my neighbor a floor below got a new sub... The question is should complain to him running it high, suggest subdude or a down-firing sub myself?
How well do you know him? Just talking to him would probably yield the best result for both of you. As a dyed-in-the-wool passive aggressive, my experience would say that the subwoofer war probably isn't the most productive approach. :)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
How well do you know him? Just talking to him would probably yield the best result for both of you. As a dyed-in-the-wool passive aggressive, my experience would say that the subwoofer war probably isn't the most productive approach. :)
We spoke one or twice, I rarely see him since he's working night shifts... To be honest - the times he makes noise is way before 10pm plus I don't have sleeping kids issues.... yet....

but, on completely unrelated note - yesterday I was re-watching Tron Legacy and the sound become a bit distorted in light bike's arena scene .. Crowd cheering was a bit too much for my towers to handle.. at -15 volume (db)

I know I need a sub, but i also need to save for down-payment... it's really frustrating :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis