Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
yes, you really need to have doctor's find out what's going on, this is not good stuff !
It's kidney stones. At least that's what the doctors in the ER told me on April the 14th. They still haven't done much about them though. Just a stint from my bladder to my kidney to keep them from blocking the passage. But that's what's causing all the blood. Tomorrow I get to see the doc again so that he can tell me that they need to do more testing, again.:mad:

Frickin' jerks!:mad:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It's kidney stones. At least that's what the doctors in the ER told me on April the 14th. They still haven't done much about them though. Just a stint from my bladder to my kidney to keep them from blocking the passage. But that's what's causing all the blood. Tomorrow I get to see the doc again so that he can tell me that they need to do more testing, again.:mad:

Frickin' jerks!:mad:
I heard they can crush the kidney stones from outside without any physical intrusion by some kind of ultra sound that they focus from multiple directions via parabols onto the exact point where stone is... not sure if this is experimental or a more mature form of treatment type.... but sure something to check....

Really sorry for you.... this is awfully painful... :confused:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I heard they can crush the kidney stones from outside without any physical intrusion by some kind of ultra sound that they focus from multiple directions via parabols onto the exact point where stone is... not sure if this is experimental or a more mature form of treatment type.... but sure something to check....

Really sorry for you.... this is awfully painful... :confused:
Yes, they can crush them depending on what type they are. That’s what all the testing is for. One type can be crushed by sound waves. One type can be dissolved with meds. The third type involves something like having a laser mounted to the end of a long stick that gets shoved up my pee hole, up through my bladder, and on to the kidneys.

Please be type 1 or 2!

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, they can crush them depending on what type they are. That’s what all the testing is for. One type can be crushed by sound waves. One type can be dissolved with meds. The third type involves something like having a laser mounted to the end of a long stick that gets shoved up my pee hole, up through my bladder, and on to the kidneys.

Please be type 1 or 2!
oooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I hope too...... this #3 sounds blo¤¤##""¤%& awf%%¤## :eek:

Good luck mate !!!!!!!!!!

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
oooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I hope too...... this #3 sounds blo¤¤##""¤%& awf%%¤## :eek:

Good luck mate !!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. The two tubes they have shoved up there so far are bad enough.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Not to change the topic or nothing, but "Hey, how about that sports team that played that game? Wasn't that great?"

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Volt?

Thinking about buying a Volt, what do you guys think? .... besides the obvious response to the audio system :D

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thinking about buying a Volt, what do you guys think? .... besides the obvious response to the audio system :D

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man
Hey where have you been?:D

My $0.02
At the very least, I'd wait a few years to allow them to work out all the bugs of a new model. (that rule can applied to almost anything)
The Volt won't be available nationwide until the end of the year. It is nice and quite, and has perky acceleration.
It takes 10 to 12 hours to recharge with 120 volts, and a bit over 4 fours with 220-volt charger that you have to pay extra for; that's on top of the $48,700 sticker price.
It doesn't do well in cold climates, in the battery-only, usually between 23 and 28 miles of battery life. Calculating the miles per gallon are not really meaningful without knowing a trip's length. That's because calculating a fuel-economy figure depends on the ratio of electric to gasoline use.

From Consumer Reports- "It is typical to see artificially high mpg numbers on the car's trip computer. For example, let's say you make five trips in a week. Four of them are 25 miles without needing the gas engine. On the last trip, 55 miles, the car uses 1 gallon of gas beyond the 25-mile electric range. The trip computer would calculate 155 miles on 1 gallon of gas, or 155 mpg. That might contribute to the feel-good factor, but the figure is misleading because it doesn't count the electricity used."

Also, read up all that you can from unbiased sources; Consumer Reports gave a lukewarm review, and brought up good points too.
Good Luck!

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man
What's wrong with the s2000?:)

I now nothing about the volt.:eek:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Hey where have you been?:D

My $0.02
At the very least, I'd wait a few years to allow them to work out all the bugs of a new model. (that rule can applied to almost anything)
The Volt won't be available nationwide until the end of the year. It is nice and quite, and has perky acceleration.
It takes 10 to 12 hours to recharge with 120 volts, and a bit over 4 fours with 220-volt charger that you have to pay extra for; that's on top of the $48,700 sticker price.
It doesn't do well in cold climates, in the battery-only, usually between 23 and 28 miles of battery life. Calculating the miles per gallon are not really meaningful without knowing a trip's length. That's because calculating a fuel-economy figure depends on the ratio of electric to gasoline use.

From Consumer Reports- "It is typical to see artificially high mpg numbers on the car's trip computer. For example, let's say you make five trips in a week. Four of them are 25 miles without needing the gas engine. On the last trip, 55 miles, the car uses 1 gallon of gas beyond the 25-mile electric range. The trip computer would calculate 155 miles on 1 gallon of gas, or 155 mpg. That might contribute to the feel-good factor, but the figure is misleading because it doesn't count the electricity used."

Also, read up all that you can from unbiased sources; Consumer Reports gave a lukewarm review, and brought up good points too.
Good Luck!
Here's another link about the volt from a bit different perspective.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I got 500 thanks :p
but way to go to mperfct, markw, StrongbadF1, Davemcc, Rickster71, Boredsysadmin, Majorloser +++ and most of all Monkeyman Alex :p

Seems like I must work harder and post better :D

What's the secret guys? :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis