3db

Audioholic Slumlord
A definite boredom breaker

This is halarious

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If know we have a few north of the border buddies hanging out here, they'd appreciate this one :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If know we have a few north of the border buddies hanging out here, they'd appreciate this one :D
Apparently, our 1.5 year-olds are at the same level of development as your 2 year-olds....:D Or, we just aren't as concerned about their safety.:eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If our government shuts down, we aren't going to get paid but we still have to go to work.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/03/military-contingency-plan-government-shutdown-031111w/
If it comes to pass that you miss a paycheque, I suggest that you charge interest on that backpay. Charge any rate you want - they didn't negotiate not paying you, so you don't negotiate the interest rate.:D

On a serious note, some people live paycheque-to-paycheque - unwise as that may be - and missing a pay could have consequences. Hope it doesn't come to that.:(

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
If our government shuts down, we aren't going to get paid but we still have to go to work.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/03/military-contingency-plan-government-shutdown-031111w/

Matt, if it's any consolation, I don't think it will happen.
Politicians are more concerned with who the voters will blame, and not in cutting their out of control spending. It's stupid for politicians to pis off the guys with the guns and heavy equipment.:D

I wonder how many people realize that this is from 2010? (It's last year's budget) they are working on)
It's all political; one party was in control in October (before the midterm election) and could have passed it then.
I think it's called political grandstanding and fear-mongering.:rolleyes:
It reminds me of the Y2K fearmongering, the risks were blown out of proportion by the media.
Hope things work out for you.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently, our 1.5 year-olds are at the same level of development as your 2 year-olds....:D Or, we just aren't as concerned about their safety.:eek:
I'm surprised they didn't cut the age off at 4; since our kids are too fat by then and as heavy as an 8 year old.:D
The sign reads: "Responsibility Is a Choice".....now that's just crazy talk!:eek::D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If the government can enslave the military I want to be allowed to subjugate some Europeans.
They're just loafing about anyways and who would miss them?

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall

That article doesn't state it very clearly, but I have been reassured that military and civilian defense employees (the ones that don't get furloughed) get paid for work, it will just be delayed by however long it takes for the shutdown to be over...which is lame, but I guess its better than no work or work without pay.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'll be furloughed come Monday. I'm a contractor for the USDA.

majorloser

majorloser

Loserwife is a payroll accountant for a large defense contractor. They are already working out the furloughs starting Monday. At least she's in the corporate office and will be exempt from the furloughs that effect the government contracts divisions. But she's stressing it will all the extra workload.

strube

strube

I'll be furloughed come Monday. I'm a contractor for the USDA.
Loserwife is a payroll accountant for a large defense contractor. They are already working out the furloughs starting Monday. At least she's in the corporate office and will be exempt from the furloughs that effect the government contracts divisions. But she's stressing it will all the extra workload.
I am frustrated because we don't know whether the wife or I will be furloughed or not because it is on a department basis at my work. We won't know until Monday morning. Boo. :(

I want to spout some political rage but I don't want to get into trouble or start anything. :)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Poli (word meaning many) tics (word meaning blood sucking vermin)

Seems right to me.

strube

strube

Good news, Matt. A deal has been reached to continue gov't operations.
Good news Matt, strube, Loserwife, and mperfct, and about 800,000 others, you mean!

It's about time those douchemonkeys stopped playing their silly game... :rolleyes:

Go Canada. ;)

I was really starting to worry whether I could afford Gene's subs, but I'm good. :D

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

Good news, Matt. A deal has been reached to continue gov't operations.
I'm glad they found it in their hearts to pay the people they send to war.:rolleyes:

(Sorry, just a bit PO'd about the whole thing.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis