Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I just conducted a few speedtests on my internet speed compared to others in my building and confirmed that there is something seriously wrong with my connection.

My download speed average: .51 mbps
Others in the building average: 10.59 mbps

I'm glad I'm paying $60/month for this.:rolleyes:
My connection speed varies on time of day and day of the week.
Morning i get full speed while evenings I crawl at 1.5 Mpbs at best case :(

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
My connection speed varies on time of day and day of the week.
Morning i get full speed while evenings I crawl at 1.5 Mpbs at best case :(
That's no good. I guess that is the nice thing about living in the boonies - less people to drag the advertised speeds down. I only get (or notice) slight speed dips a couple times a month.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I just conducted a few speedtests on my internet speed compared to others in my building and confirmed that there is something seriously wrong with my connection.

My download speed average: .51 mbps
Others in the building average: 10.59 mbps

I'm glad I'm paying $60/month for this.:rolleyes:
Welcome to Canada.:D

Oh....wait....:rolleyes:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have an idea of what Matt feels like. On assignment for work for 6-8 weeks :eek: Currently on week 2 1/2. I am still in driving distance to home though (3hrs)...not in another country on the other side of the planet.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Isn't that pretty. How much is it?;):D
OK, so I'm out of that particular closet but I'm not ready to put on the flip-flops and ballerina skirt.

I use the same user name pretty much everywhere I go. You could easily see that 99% of my online activity belongs in the boring thread.

P.S. This is what I call a strap-on vs. Alex's definition.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
OK, so I'm out of that particular closet but I'm not ready to put on the flip-flops and ballerina skirt.

I use the same user name pretty much everywhere I go. You could easily see that 99% of my online activity belongs in the boring thread.

Now that, my friend, was a good one!:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I bookmarked that forum. I would like to get a few vintage watches. I have probably 12 or 13 watches at the moment. Nothing crazy just Citizen's and ESQ's and the like. All of them are modern. The only old watch I own is an Elgin that my Grandfather wore. I'll have to take a pic and post it so I know what it is.

Dang it! Now I on a watch kick!:D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well I'll be bored for about another hour and a half before going under the knife, so I'll see you guys in about a week.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I bookmarked that forum. I would like to get a few vintage watches. I have probably 12 or 13 watches at the moment. Nothing crazy just Citizen's and ESQ's and the like. All of them are modern. The only old watch I own is an Elgin that my Grandfather wore. I'll have to take a pic and post it so I know what it is.

Dang it! Now I on a watch kick!:D
The American Watch Forum on that site is loaded with some folks very familiar with vintage Elgins. You may be able to get somebody to put up original catalog pages or vintage ads. There is a whole thread of vintage ads but it takes a bit to scroll through them all.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The American Watch Forum on that site is loaded with some folks very familiar with vintage Elgins. You may be able to get somebody to put up original catalog pages or vintage ads. There is a whole thread of vintage ads but it takes a bit to scroll through them all.
Thanks, Dave, I check it out.:cool:

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I like watches, I'd be down for a watch thread :D

I sold an old kingston datofix a few years back because no one knew where it came from, and it needed some serious restoration. My daily wear is a seiko 5 automatic. It's pretty nice, but I'd like a new watch soon.

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Homemade Radiation Tester

I checked with SNOPES and this works....................

With all the fear of radiation fallout from Japan I thought it might be

useful to tell you about a cheap, effective, homemade radiation tester

you can easily assemble and rely upon.

Follow these simple instructions, IT REALLY WORKS!!

OPEN A BAG OF ORVILLE REDENBACHER MICROWAVE POPCORN

JUST LEAVE IT ON YOUR TABLE

IF IT STARTS POPPING YOU'RE FU#*ED

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan

Ouch! I'll need you to remove that before you start. Some may like the added sensation of that speed bump, but I prefer a smoother touch. Besides, what if you loose that thing up my......?

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Ouch! I'll need you to remove that before you start. Some may like the added sensation of that speed bump, but I prefer a smoother touch. Besides, what if you loose that thing up my......?
That's a little forward, even for you Alex.:eek:

Oh, that wasn't Alex. I just presumed so due to the language....;)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
That's a little forward, even for you Alex.:eek:

Oh, that wasn't Alex. I just presumed so due to the language....;)
Thanks for the compliment. I can only strive to be as good as Alex. Someday I hope to be just like him.

(Do I get some bacon for this?)

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
What the heck is the matter with you? Can't you see I'm busy. Get that dang camera outta here!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis