Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Planning on building a dedicated 2-channel rig. Going with another set of 4ohm MB Quart QLS 830's. Considering the Yamaha A-S2000, with the CD-S2000 for SACD to follow.

Anyone know anything about the amplifier technology used in this piece? Looks to be an industry first!

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s2000_black__u/?mode=model

Bofore all the EMO recommendations drop-in, not interested.

I am still considering a tube set-up, but I have a feeling this Yamaha is the piece for me.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
A-S2000
Minimum RMS Output Power (8 ohms, 20 Hz—20 kHz, 0.02% THD) 90 W + 90 W / (4 ohms, 20 Hz—20 kHz, 0.02% THD) 150 W + 150 W

MB Quart 830
4ohm

Recommended power 110-180.

Currently running 175w X 5 @4ohm in my HT.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
if this thing had analog meters, i'd have come running, but the price tag would have kept me at bay :)

looks like the amp has no problem running your MB quarts, and it would look nice doing it too :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I definitely like the look of these Yamahas. Only wish they had support for 2.1 systems!

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I would be anxious to see how the Audioholics review would look.

Heck, a similar powered Bryston is $2650, and you still have to buy the pre-amp.

A McIntosh MA6900 is 5k.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
McIntosh may be retro for people that came from wealthy families, or had wealthy neighbors, but this this screams retro to me. Just lusting over the internal pics right now.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I think it's a very classy looking piece of equipment. I wonder why they didn't bother to add bass management features?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Wondering...

I think it's a very classy looking piece of equipment. I wonder why they didn't bother to add bass management features?
What if I decide to add a sub, couldn't I just utilize the digital coax output on the SACD player, and employ the x-over on the sub.;)

My towers will not have a problem receiving full-range, even though I don't use them that way in my HT.

Or, I could run the digital connection to my HT receiver, and use the player in both systems. Oh joy!:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Let us know what you'll end up getting. I really like the looks of these components, espcially the amp inside and out. Very classy retro lookimg stuff.

E

ejknapper

Audiophyte
NAD Listening Mode Help

My NAD T765 will only allow me to select stereo listening mode, I cannot select enhanced stereo, PLXII, NEO, etc. I do not even get those choices in the listening mode selection on the main menu . . . what am I doing wrong? Connections seem to be correct. (My NAD is connected to my DTV DVR, my flat screen, and a DVD player). Thanks!!:confused:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My NAD T765 will only allow me to select stereo listening mode, I cannot select enhanced stereo, PLXII, NEO, etc. I do not even get those choices in the listening mode selection on the main menu . . . what am I doing wrong? Connections seem to be correct. (My NAD is connected to my DTV DVR, my flat screen, and a DVD player). Thanks!!:confused:
Answer my question in a new thread please as its not related. How many speakers do you have connected to the NAD? If its only two, then all you can get is stereo.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
What if I decide to add a sub, couldn't I just utilize the digital coax output on the SACD player, and employ the x-over on the sub.;)
No way to control the gain.:(

Probably some type of equipment along with utilizing some level matching could work, but that's just screwing things up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis