Wisdom Audio Series LS4 and LS3 Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Wisdom Audio introduces their state-of-the-art modular line source loudspeaker systems, the Wisdom Series LS4 and LS3. Designed by a team directed by David Graebener of Wisdom Audio, these incredible reference level products feature extremely high efficiency, extended dynamic range and premium sound quality. Their performance and world-class architectural industrial design by Ashcraft Design of Los Angeles make them ideally suited for today's high-performance music rooms, upscale home theaters and professional post-production screening rooms.

Discuss "Wisdom Audio Series LS4 and LS3 Speakers" here. Read the article.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Do you have any measurements? It seems to me they were declared "Pretty cool" a bit too easy given the astronomical price...

Last edited:
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have any measurements? It seems to me they were declared "Pretty cool" a bit too easy given the astronomical price...
They can be cool even if price is astronomical.... I would say a Königsegg CCX can be quite cool, even if price is astronomical :eek:

Well, the Wisdom subs, they can at least play loud... very very very loud, looking at specs for the mentioned STS subs:

Frequency response 20Hz – 80 Hz ± 2dB relative to the target curve
Impedance 4 ohms
Sensitivity 101 dB / 2.83V / 1m
Power handling, peak 5000W
Maximum SPL 130dB / 20Hz / 1m
Shipping weight 350 lbs. (159 kg)

And they don't seem to be able to make up their mind.... they speak higly about benefits of line source speakers but still offer point source speakers too, so they seem to play all sides... just to be safe :p

Last edited:
B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
They can be cool even if price is astronomical.... I would say a Königsegg CCX can be quite cool, even if price is astronomical :eek:
The Corvette ZR1, Viper ACR 10, a few Porsches, etc beat the CCX on Nurburgring for a FRACTION of its price:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nürburgring_lap_times#Production_vehicles

Now I don't want to start talking about cars :) but the question really was - does the rating "Pretty cool" take any performance measurements into consideration? At this price I expect something like 20Hz-20Khz +/- 0.01db (+/- 30 degrees off axis) and 0.01% THD for speakers at 130db, etc. :cool:
And in the end it still begs the question - is there an audible difference vs a very good 5-10k$ speaker?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
dude, it`s just a preview, not even a review. `pretty cool`has nothing to do with its value or measured performance. it`s not like they used the `gotta have it`

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Actually these Transmission line subwoofers are perhaps according to how TLS Guy likes to make them, perhaps members may get design sketches from him and save some dollars to get the subs and a Corvette ZR-1.... we call it a win-win :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis