UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
good practice sessions today...

I love the sounds and smells of the sport...
sitting at the hairpin entrance, turn 10, 1st row right behind the track marshals perch...
Lucky dog, hope you get sunburn!!:D

majorloser

majorloser

I just received this e-mail yesterday:

David ,

Thank you for your interest in the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™. As you are aware, Austin, Texas, will host the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ from 2012 through 2021, bringing Formula 1 racing back to the U.S. This milestone project has been in the works for several years and has involved significant collaboration between Formula One Management and Full Throttle Productions, LP.

To keep all interested parties up to speed, we will launch a project website within the next week or so. We will be sharing information about the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix™ in Austin as well as F1 Grand Prix events being held across the world. Over the course of the summer, we will be releasing information on our website and to our fans regarding:

Site location;
Master plan;
Facility renderings; and
Track layout.
We look forward to sharing more with you soon! Stay tuned...

Full Throttle Management

Hopefully we can work out an "Audioholics F1 Meet" in 2012. :cool:

annunaki

annunaki

Lots happening today!!

More adjustable aero coming, Pirelli tires for the next 3 years, and return of the 107% rule for quali.

I like the adjustable aero idea on the surface, but not sure how this one will work? Adjustable aero cannot be active unless within 1 second of the car in front, disables under braking??

FIA statement

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

I'd really like to see Mark Webber pull it off this year. I don't think Vettel can keep his cool long enough to make the full drive to the championship.

Oh and Massa got screwed. :mad:

(is that enough for you?)

annunaki

annunaki

With the type of tracks coming up, I think that Alonso has a chance to win a few. (Spa, Monza, Abu Dahbi)

Although if Red Bull continues to have a 1.0 sec advantage that is all out the window.

I agree that Webber seems to be handling the pressure a bit more than Vettel. Vettel lets his emotions play into his "game" a bit too much.

majorloser

majorloser

Am I the only one who finds Will Buxton annoying?
Very annoying. :mad:

What a great race. Totally won in the pits. Big Red came through in front of their home crowd.

And with Hamilton going out on the first lap I couldn't be happier. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Very annoying. :mad:

What a great race. Totally won in the pits. Big Red came through in front of their home crowd.

And with Hamilton going out on the first lap I couldn't be happier. :D
Ferrari 1-3! I just wish it was with Massa in 1st. I just can't get behind Alonso.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Will Buxton is extremely annoying jeeze! Poor old Hammy, tough luck, would have been way ahead in points by now, but got to admit, 3 races ago, Alonso was nowhere, now he's in with a chance with 1 team order and 1 great drive.

annunaki

annunaki

Alonso is on the hunt and is in the best form I have seen in awhile. He seems to have that killer instinct he had a few years back bending the car to his will.

Two more wins and a couple podiums and he can wrap up the title (so long as Webber does not collect another win).

Ferrari seems to be improving their car as well.

It is looking to be an exciting few races to go!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, Alonso is in form. It's too close to call right now. 1 DNF and you're out.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, a new track this weekend so I hope it's an interesting race. I think Hamilton will have the win this time.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Did you watch the practice yet? I recorded it last night and will try and watch it tonight. There was talk this race may not happen so it is nice to see it was pulled together. It will be interesting to see what the track conditions are like.

majorloser

majorloser

I'll wait till the qualies. My boss is another big F1 fan and he said the track sucked from what he watched in the practice. Sol I' not expecting much.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'll wait till the qualies. My boss is another big F1 fan and he said the track sucked from what he watched in the practice. Sol I' not expecting much.

What!:D

This whole season has been a little weak if you ask me.:(

majorloser

majorloser

I like the results of the qualies. RB has the front line. Let's see if they can keep it.

I have to agree about the track. It sucks:mad: The entrance to the pits is horrible. Somebody will end up crashing. Also, all the fires around the area made for some nasty haze.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Oh ho ho ho!! What a race, who can believe Webber shunts it adn Vettel blow his engine. That been their season, from glory in quali to disaster in race. Holy smokes, Alonso leading championship and I missed most of it, due to the late start, DVR stopped recording at lap 28, jeeze!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Same with me. I just watched what I could and was bumming about missing the end. I can't believe Red Bulls luck but I'm a Ferrari fan all the way so I'll take it.:)

annunaki

annunaki

Definitely a great result for the Scuderia! This puts Alonso in a gear position heading into 2 circuits that should suit the car pretty well.

It was a crazy race though, lots of attrition.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis