DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
But human nature always kicks in... I can get these multi-thousand dollar speakers for a fraction of their value. So what if they've screwed lots of folks, this deal is too good to pass up and they won't screw me. Sigh.
So, how was that deal and subsequent customer service with that MFW you bought a few months before the indictment, tess? :D

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Tbomb ?

Dane:

Not sure if you are still looking for the details on the amp replacement. Before the bottom fell through for Mark, I managed to get out of him the details of what two resistors to replace on the Dayton SA240. Mine original amp on the UFW died also. Send me a PM and I'll give you the details he gave me.
Does anyone here know what screen name Tbomb uses on another forum? He logged in here and took the time to register under "Tbomb" here to let me know that he had the mod, but hasn't logged back in again since. Unfortunately I just missed him last time and send him a PM after he logged back out.

I have all the parts, but can't put the UFW-10 together with the Dayton sub without knowing what mod to make on it first... and my local audio buddy who wants it moves in on Saturday to his new place.

If anybody knows other contact information for Tbomb, could you please PM me?

thanks,
..dane

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Tbomb wouldn't be TawaundaBomb, or however you spell it, by any chance, would it?

Papajin

Papajin

Audiophyte
I have all the parts, but can't put the UFW-10 together with the Dayton sub without knowing what mod to make on it first... and my local audio buddy who wants it moves in on Saturday to his new place.
Dane,

If you manage to find Tbomb and get the information on the mod, would you mind reposting it here, or pm'ing it to me? I'll do the same if I happen to catch him elsewhere.

Thanks!

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
Tbomb wouldn't be TawaundaBomb, or however you spell it, by any chance, would it?
Have no idea... :(

Dane,

If you manage to find Tbomb and get the information on the mod, would you mind reposting it here, or pm'ing it to me? I'll do the same if I happen to catch him elsewhere.

Thanks!
Yup-- I plan on posting it publicly. I'm even going to post it on the av123 UFW-10 repair thread, with as much as people will hate me for it. The reality is that's where people go to repair a broken UFW-10, and I want to help as many people out as possible with the sub discontinued and eventually more amps will likely fail (including my own, someday, though I hope not soon!)..

cheers,
..dane

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
Dane,

You are doing the right thing by helping others with their problem.

Yup-- I plan on posting it publicly. I'm even going to post it on the av123 UFW-10 repair thread, with as much as people will hate me for it. The reality is that's where people go to repair a broken UFW-10, and I want to help as many people out as possible with the sub discontinued and eventually more amps will likely fail (including my own, someday, though I hope not soon!)..

cheers,
..dane

H

Hugh-Melody

Audioholic
I can't say any better.
But human nature always kicks in... I can get these multi-thousand dollar speakers for a fraction of their value. So what if they've screwed lots of folks, this deal is too good to pass up and they won't screw me. Sigh.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
So, how was that deal and subsequent customer service with that MFW you bought a few months before the indictment, tess? :D
I wish I would have known then what I know now. I'm glad you can find humor in it, I cannot. The deal sucked, I didn't know about the wild price fluctuations and paid too much. I cannot say the CS by MLS was satisfactory, the customer service offered by Kyle was pretty good. It was probably Kyle that banned me from the forum, though. :cool:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Actually Jed, I built and finished Todd's 9's. ;)

Ruben
And we all know the name of the person who almost 'finished' everyone else off as he looked to stay afloat by pushing people under the waters, don't we? :D

cheers,
..dane
Actually Dane, I don't think folks are going to hate you for looking to help out other people with questions and problems that should have been properly addressed by the company itself. Rather, there will be additional disappointment and disgust directed towards the owner who does not make this information readily available even though he has it.

If you've got an example of Tbomb's writing style, PM it to me and I should be able to tell if it's TawaundaBomb or not.

Dane,

You are doing the right thing by helping others with their problem.
Agreed. Eventually all the products they made will be resold, fail, and be junked.

I wish I would have known then what I know now. I'm glad you can find humor in it, I cannot. The deal sucked, I didn't know about the wild price fluctuations and paid too much. I cannot say the CS by MLS was satisfactory, the customer service offered by Kyle was pretty good. It was probably Kyle that banned me from the forum, though. :cool:
Well tess, sometimes us objectivists have a good handle on things! Kyle of course knows everything we know and then some. He's privy to the things we don't know (well, a few know some...) including the conversations that show the underbelly of the Longmont operation. He must be in a position where where he has no options because I can't imagine anyone who knows all this would willingly choose to remain employed by them. I mean, if he knows that it was MLS who made at least some of the posts under the TADG name directly, then he should know that there were certain restrictions made on MLS posting. For me anyways, it'll be difficult to find any sympathy for him and the principals when the ship goes under.

D

dane

Audioholic Intern
If you've got an example of Tbomb's writing style, PM it to me and I should be able to tell if it's TawaundaBomb or not.

Agreed. Eventually all the products they made will be resold, fail, and be junked.
His post here is all I have. I'm PM'd him but he hasn't been back here since, and registered here that same day. I've also PM'd Tawaundabomb on AV123 forum but haven't heard back there either (he hasn't logged on there in quite some time)..

..dane

T

Tex-amp

Senior Audioholic
ecoustics is Tawaun's "home" board and even there he is extremely sporadic.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Don't forget folks!

Today's the day when audionut101 has his small claims court matter handled and by phone nonetheless from California. Maybe we'll know something later in the afternoon. Good luck audionut!

And the 29th is when Humbly Bumbly is back in court. Will there be a medical postponement? Will he plead guilty? Will there be a plea deal? Will he drive himself, or will his wife or maybe Kyle? May you live in interesting times, MLS.

A

audionut101

Enthusiast
Today's the day when audionut101 has his small claims court matter handled and by phone nonetheless from California. Maybe we'll know something later in the afternoon. Good luck audionut!

Well Mark never showed up, so I won the case, I didn't expect any other outcome. Now I have to file some paper work to get his banking information as well has put a lien on his home.

The magistrate was very professional and actually remembered Mark from another case.

But I think the more important thing for everyone else to do is file a fraud case with the Boulder Police or sheriff's department. That way, it can be considered a criminal case! but the statue of limitations on fraud is 3 years.

Last edited:
J

JoshK

Junior Audioholic
Well Mark never showed up, so I won the case, I didn't expect any other outcome. Now I have to file some paper work to get his banking information as well has put a lien on his home.

The magistrate was very professional and actually remembered Mark from another case.

But I think the more important thing to do is file a fraud case with the Boulder Police or sheriff's department. That way, it can be considered a criminal case! I am following up on that matter and will let everyone know how that goes as well.
Congrats audionut,

I hope you recoup your funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis