E3 2010: New Slim Xbox 360

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
E3 2010: Microsoft Details Slim Xbox 360, New System Shipping Today

Console featuring built-in wifi, arriving in stores later this week for $299.
By Kat Bailey, 06/14/2010

The rumors of the newly-redesigned Xbox 360 are not only true, we'll be seeing it sooner than we could have ever guessed. To conclude their press briefing, Microsoft showed off the newly-redesigned system with a brief trailer. The system will include a 250 GB hard drive and built-in 802.11N Wifi, and will be priced at $299.

Rather than wait until the fall though, Microsoft is shipping the system to retailers today. It should be available later this week.
Microsoft gave a free Slim Xbox 360 to conference attendees, so expect full impressions soon.

Source: 1up

Last edited by a moderator:
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
If only they had added a bluray drive, I would have gotten rid of my old 360 and my bd player and bought one. It looks sweet, but theres no justification for getting it.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
If only they had added a bluray drive, I would have gotten rid of my old 360 and my bd player and bought one. It looks sweet, but theres no justification for getting it.
There is if you keep having to buy new xbox's because your old one keeps rroding. :D

malvado78

malvado78

Full Audioholic
I think you want a PS3 then. :D

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
I'm seriously considering it. I have 3 working boxes right now, but the main one in my theater has been getting extremely slow to load the guide and rrod'ed a couple of times now...

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm getting one as soon as I can sell one of my current boxes.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
The new 360 looks nice but that piano black finish is a fingerprint magnet.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The new 360 looks nice but that piano black finish is a fingerprint magnet.
I don't have fingerprint problems with my gloss black PS3, but to solve the problem... Put it in place, wipe it down, dust often, and only eject the tray and cycle the power from the controller... no need to worry about fingerprints anymore. I found a friend who's xbox broke, so he's buying my old one, so I've already placed an order for the new slim... can't wait to get it :D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
When I didn't have a daughter my PS3 was clean and fingerprint free, after I'm wiping it down almost everyday.:mad: When you get that bad boy, lets here your thoughts on it and how does it compare to the old one. Congrats, post some pics.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
With the new 45nm chips, this thing should run cooler, so no more heat issues and hopefully no more RROD... IMO, they already solved that issue anyway. It is a new unit though, and that usually means issues initially, so I would probably not buy one right away until I see if it has any.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
When I didn't have a daughter my PS3 was clean and fingerprint free, after I'm wiping it down almost everyday.:mad: When you get that bad boy, lets here your thoughts on it and how does it compare to the old one. Congrats, post some pics.
I'll post pics, but it will be a little bit before I get it... Amazon isn't expecting any till the 19th, and with free super saver shipping, who knows when I'll get it. But my friend's girlfirend is a manager at Blockbuster, so I may be able to get one through her for a discount... still waiting to hear back about that.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis