Everything We Know About Natal

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Everything We Know About Natal

Is it all about the casual games?
By Kat Bailey, 06/09/2010

Microsoft's approach to motion control is a unique one. Rather than use a traditional controller, they've opted to create a system that allows users to interact with games using gestures and spoken commands. We were given a glimpse of the peripheral's potential during E3 2009, when Microsoft introduced the world to "Milo." Details have been sparse since then, but we should know much more following Microsoft's special Natal event on June 13.
Until then, here's a summary of what we know. Keep an eye on this space for updates on the official release date and pricing information during E3!

* Natal utilizes PrimeSense's 3D-sensing technology. It will apparently work just fine in smaller rooms.

* Natal is apparently capable of distinguishing between male and female.

* A leaked manual suggests that it will need its own power source to function, and that it will have a "motorized tilt mechanism."

* In addition to a rafting game called River Rush, Microsoft is rumored to have a football and boxing game in store for Natal.

* Microsoft has confirmed that Activision, Bethesda, Capcom, Disney Interactive, Electronic Arts, Konami, MTV Games, Namco Bandai, Sega, Square Enix, THQ, and Ubisoft will be supporting the device

* Crytek is working with both Microsoft and Sony on a game that will showcase Natal and Move.

* Ubisoft expects to launch around 10 Natal games during the first six months after launch.

* Halo Reach won't be supporting Natal. Neither will Gears of War.

* Project Natal will reportedly launch at $149. Microsoft is also rumored to be preparing an Xbox 360 Arcade bundle that will include Natal for $299.

* It's rumored to be arriving sometime in October.

Games Confirmed for Natal

* Joy Ride
* Brunswick Pro Bowling
* Milo & Kate
* Fable 3
* Sonic Free Riders (Rumor)
* Harmonix Dance Game (Rumor)

Source: 1up

N

Nugu

Audioholic
I know it's been said a million times but.

******* for a 150$ I'd go buy a Wii.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
It will eventually be cheaper, but I'll still have to wait and see how it ends up turning out. Not sure I'd even want it for $50.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
"* Natal is apparently capable of distinguishing between male and female."

what could possible go wrong here?

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
There have been rumors that MS leaked the $149 price so they can say the is price is not true and the real price will be $79 but that's just a rumor.

Kid: Mom I'm being called a girl,

Mom: Billy stop calling your brother a girl

Kid: It's not Billy, it's the 360 that's calling me a girl:eek:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you already have a PS3 Eye, it won't be as expensive since you will only need the wand. The Eye is selling for around $30-40 new.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
As for Kinect...well even if it costs more, the 360 has already cost less for a while, so it should offset the deal. The question is, which is the better motion system? According to this article, Kinect will be useful for other things as well:

http://gizmodo.com/5563229/xbox-earl-grey-hot-microsoft-kinect-should-think-bigger-than-games?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)&utm_content=My+Yahoo

Microsoft showed two things today that give Kinect the possibility to game the Xbox the center of the living room: gesture control, sans accessories; and voice control.

Last edited:
Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
"* Natal is apparently capable of distinguishing between male and female."

what could possible go wrong here?
Until you throw a guy in skinny jeans in front of it...crap, I can't tell if some of these kids these days are male or female.

SopRage

SopRage

Audioholic
I really WANT to get excited about this, but all the software they've put out so far looks AWFUL.

The potential is there, but it looks like we may be waiting awhile until it's realized.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
It would seem that the Kinect will need it's own power adapter to work with the old 360 vs the new 360 which is Kinect ready. I have not been able to find info if the adapter will be included with the Kinect or will it be a separate purchase.

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure it will include both the cable to connect to the new xbox, and a standard wall outlet power supply. But who knows, any way to make an extra buck.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis