FOR SALE: Wharfedale Opus 2 and Opus Center Channel

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Wharfedale Opus 2 and the matching Opus Tri-Center Channel

Both in the beautiful Piano Black Gloss finish. Both in aesthetically Mint condition and functionally perfect working condition.

I bought these in 2004, so these are in fact the original, first version of the Opus Series. Not the more current V2 series.

Function perfectly and aestheticall in mint condtion.....I'm asking $1,300.00 USD for the package deal (one pair of Wharfedale Opus 2 and the Opus Center Channel)

Would prefer to sell Opus 2 and Center Channel together as a package deal. But I may be willing to split them up. Ask and we can discuss.

Willing to work with you on shipping costs, how much depending on your location.

Each Opus 2 tower speaker comes in it's own box. 70 lbs each. My zip code is 28138.

If you're in the area or willing to travel a bit, you're more than welcome to pick them up here.

I prefer USPS Money Orders as the form of payment, but paypal is acceptable, too.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
You have a good description, but no one will see what they may be missing until they see some pics.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
You have a good description, but no one will see what they may be missing until they see some pics.
The only pics I have are really crappy pics taken back in 2005/06 when I was still learning to use my digital camera, which I'll post here.

I had much better pics taken later, but they were on the hard drive of my other computer and that hard drive bit the dust. But I have one pic of the Opus 2 owned by a friend of mine and mine are exactly the same.

The Opus 2 and Opus Center Channel are both boxed up and ready for shipping. I prefer to not have to unbox them and take tham out, again, for pics; because I was injured in a car accident in December of 2008 and it's difficult to move or lift anything heavy. I typically have my friend help do this stuff, when he has some free time.

But I guess if someone is serious about buying them and wants to see the pics first, I guess I'll try to do that.

My crappy pics of my Wharfedale Opus 2 speakers:

My buddies pic of his Wharfedale Opus 2:

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
which opus 2 are they? the 2-1, 2-2, 2-3?

I bought these in 2004, so these are in fact the original, first version of the Opus Series. Not the more current V2 series.
These are the original Opus Series. The model is the Wharfedale Opus 2....

Each tower has ....

2 - 8" bass woofers

1 - 3" Dome Midrange

1- 1" Soft Dome Tweeter

The Opus Center Channel is also original version. I bought them together, at the exact same time; in 2004.

Actually, let me correct myself here for the sake of accuracy. I paid for them in September of 2004. I had to wait till the first or second week of January 2005 for them to arrive. They were the first batch of Opus series speakers in the piano gloss finish, to come to the USA. Prior to January 2005, only the matte (or sometimes called the "Satin" finish) was available in the USA.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
I'm guessin that dome mid sounds killer. Don't see that much anymore.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Rise Up, gather around...Rock this place to the ground....:D

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Amazing set. Wish I had the cash at this moment, but I just spent a bunch on other gear. Hopefully for me, these are still up next month!

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
They probably will be. Seems I'm getting a lot of guys who are interested in them, but are short on the cash......right now.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
They probably will be. Seems I'm getting a lot of guys who are interested in them, but are short on the cash......right now.
That's how it always seems to go! I just blew through a bunch of cash getting a preamp and a pair of monoblocks to power something EXACTLY like these

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Still Available at this time.

I have someone who was interested in these, but haven't heard anything from them in over three weeks. So I'm not sure if he lost interest.

So they're still available, till someone commits.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Lowered Price and Willing To Sell Seperately

As a package deal:

$1,100.00 USD for one pair of Wharfedale Opus 2 and the Opus Center Channel

Sold Seperately:

$800.00 USD ...... for the pair of Opus 2 floorstanders

$300.00 USD .....for the Opus Center Channel

Willing to chip in a little to help with shipping, depending on buyers location and total shipping/insurance costs. If you're in my area, or willing to drive here: Pick ups are welcome.

USPS Money Orders or Paypal are the only form of payment I will accept.

Thank you.

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Another Price Reduction:

As a package deal:

$1,000.00 USD for one pair of Wharfedale Opus 2 and the Opus Center Channel

Sold Seperately:

$700.00 USD ...... for the pair of Opus 2 floorstanders

$300.00 USD .....for the Opus Center Channel

Willing to chip in a little to help with shipping, depending on buyers location and total shipping/insurance costs. If you're in my area, or willing to drive here: Pick ups are welcome.

USPS Money Orders or Paypal are the only form of payment I will accept.

This is a killer deal!!!

Thank you.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
To be perfectly honest , you are getting to the point of making a deal that is going to be hard to pass up on, lowered , lowered and yet lowered again, these will make someone very happy and it is really a very good price. I wish I knew more about these and had a chance to hear them as I am wanting to change things up some, very appealing at this price :)

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Holy crap this is a good deal......chalk up another interested customer with absence of liquidity....

TjMV3

TjMV3

Full Audioholic
Seriously, it's a steal.

These speakers (and the Opus Center Channel) are in near mint condition.

As close to mint as any used speaker could possibly be. And I say near mint only because they have been played a lot. But functionally and aesthetically, they are mint.

These speakers will be singing for at least another 15 years. At least.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Sawz wants it and he's got the money. You should see the car he drives. :D

I think he's scared of his wife. :p

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
Alex is right I kinda sorta do want them but , but , I , um , I have never heard these, don't know a lot about these , and will have a hard time telling someone about this , :eek:
I am going out of the country for a tropical get away and I think if they are available when I get back , maybe just maybe I'll visit another member , :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis