DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
The only other product I have heard with grills staying on were the MFW-15. The MFW used magnetic mounts correct?
I'm not aware of any product from VA321 that used magnetic grill mounts. If the MFW-15 uses magnets that'd be news to me, but I admit I haven't followed it that closely.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Did You Know?

AV451 is on Facebook? Thrill to the writings of the Humbly Bumbly one as when he last wrote,

Mark Schifter Just stopping in to let everyone know that I'm here (sorry to be so late to this wall) and working hard to deliver on all of our promises in each area...

Things have been getting better with each passing day - and I'm grateful to all of you and the support you have given me personally and this company...

All the best...

mls
With luck, maybe TADG will stop by or maybe even AV451 Sales!

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
After reading Chu's lengthy posts of his back and forth this little tidbit brought a grin to my face.
The irony is: You are just as bad a person as is Schifter.
I wouldn't have guessed that we'd get the admission contained at the end of it from him.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
After reading Chu's lengthy posts of his back and forth this little tidbit brought a grin to my face.

I wouldn't have guessed that we'd get the admission contained at the end of it from him.
Chu's postings struck a bit of a nerve in me (not on Chu's part, but rather Craig's part). I spent the better part of this morning removing my posts from Cweak Tity - with the exception of a few dozen that I couldn't (due to locked threads, etc.) I then sent in an e-mail request to have my ID removed from the forum.

There's been something that's always held me back from directly dealing with that company. I do wish them success with their products, but they are products that I'd prefer not to own just from the past few years on how I've watched Mr. Chase handle himself on the forums (with the AVSForum, his own forum and this forum, too).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Chu Gai

Where do you get the energy from?, is there a Perpetuum Mobile around somewhere? :cool:
(I mean this in a gooood way :p)

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Really, another one. How many is that?
3 amps now, should the third one actually appear. They are claiming the newest amp will be 100% made in the USA and they are ditching the separate control panel.

tesseract

tesseract

Audioholic
Can you point out where Chu has attacked CC in the manner that CC has attacked Chu and/or where you see it as being understandable/fair?
I am not singling out anyone. I just feel the thread is getting a bit off topic.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
Hey Chu, I know more than a few folks have criticized your efforts in all matters mls because you don't own any of his products. Although I know you don't care, I have a way for you to silence those critics! My last piece of av123 gear is now up for sale. A ulw-10 sub with a replacement amp. It doesn't get much more av123 than that. Only thing is this amp has worked flawlessly for over a year, so you wouldn't quite be getting the whole av123 experience.

Help me out man, I'm planning to use the cash for a Volta pre-pay...

:D

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Chu, I know more than a few folks have criticized your efforts in all matters mls because you don't own any of his products. Although I know you don't care, I have a way for you to silence those critics! My last piece of av123 gear is now up for sale. A ulw-10 sub with a replacement amp. It doesn't get much more av123 than that. Only thing is this amp has worked flawlessly for over a year, so you wouldn't quite be getting the whole av123 experience.

Help me out man, I'm planning to use the cash for a Volta pre-pay...

:D
I don't know. This must've come from the very, very first batch of ULW's. That was the 350 watt amp, right? Not the 500 watt that replaced it. This is tempting for sure. I'd have thought Dane would've jumped on that. What are you going to replace it with, the Twin 8's he was talking with drivers from Pierce Audio Products? I'm surprised at the choice of 'Volta' as a name. I'd have thought he'd chosen Vulva in honor of Ms. Khabarovski.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I'm sure Volta was chosen due to the high-voltage shock that would strike us all if something completely unforeseen caused the product to be delayed and subsequently superseded by renderings of the first tower speaker in the "Rocket3" line (or "Rocket4" if we count the old renderings for the Rocket II line separately from the renderings for the Volta).

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
In this thread: http://forums.av123.com/showthread.php?t=43783&page=4 - there is some mention of FatCat (Carlo) working on some design sketches not for the Volta, but rather a different monitor from VA321.

Quoted Post:

Hey Skeeter,

No, not on these ones. I helped out with some sketches on a different model of monitor. I like the way these look though, and when John mentioned stands, my mind just started going. I just posted the sketch as food for thought. Thanks for the compliments.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
Someone at VA321 asked who would design the crossover for the Volta. link
AV123Sales said:
It will be Danny at GR Research who will design the crossover.
Who wants to ask if they're planning to pay him this time? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis