DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zane9

Enthusiast
Interesting thread at AC.
In that thread, when the question is raised on the future of 321AV, someone chimes in with:

"If they're about to roll out some new speakers it doesn't sound all that bad.
I'm not too concerned about them."

This boggles the mind. :rolleyes:

T

thenatinator

Junior Audioholic
In that thread, when the question is raised on the future of 321AV, someone chimes in with:

"If they're about to roll out some new speakers it doesn't sound all that bad.
I'm not too concerned about them."

This boggles the mind. :rolleyes:
They are rolling out new drawings but their speakers but have vanished... I was laughing when I looked at their site today.
Their bread and butter rocket line has been removed from their site.
All you can but is a ls4 and xls speakers.
Do they even have a ls4 in stock? They are selling them.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
They are rolling out new drawings but their speakers but have vanished... I was laughing when I looked at their site today.
So, they've sold all their Rickets? Oh my! And now they're coming out with a Gatorade, G2 speaker?

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I hadn't realized that they've removed the Rocket line from the site - that's a pretty ominous milestone. The speaker that's "coming soon" to replace it is still just a rendering and a promise of matching center and surrounds that aren't even that far along. History suggests that getting from the rendering stage to having stock on hand in Colorado can take anywhere from a year to five years (assuming that the product isn't outright vaporware).

The X-series isn't fairing much better. There are exactly two speakers left: X-Static and X-Voce. The b-stock offerings include some shadows from the past (X-SLS and X-Sub), but even that is pretty sketchy.

The LS4 cabinets haven't even been built yet. They estimate ~3 weeks until they have stock. That's likely to be more like ~2-3 months if you are optimistic, or more if you are realistic.

The ELT525 line looks like it may be on the way out, too. All the rosewood is sold out, leaving just the cherry finish. Their claim that the current ELT525 sale is to make room for new products seems pretty questionable, since the ELT525's are small compared to the Rockets and many of the X-series stuff that they used to keep in stock all the time - with Rockets out of the way, limited LS inventory (a few sets of B-stock cabinets), and only two X speakers still available, there should be room to spare. I wonder how long that product line will be around?

G

GOSU1

Enthusiast
My theory is that AV123 is going out of business and does not have any intention of actually delivering the new speakers but hopes to sell its remaining inventory before it ceases operations. By releasing the renderings of the new speaker line, AV123 gives the appearance that it is business as usual and that AV123 intends to continue to operate indefinitely. Without that appearance, potential customers might be afraid to buy the existing inventory because effectively there would be no warranties. In order to sell the existing inventory without warranties, AV123 would have to provide even deeper discounts. We will see how this plays out. If my theory plays out, this would be the final screw job by a company that has excelled in screwing its customers. :mad:

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Your idea has merit but let me toss out one thing for consideration/debate. If they go belly up, where will the financial resources that MLS needs in order to make restitution come from?

G

GOSU1

Enthusiast
Your idea has merit but let me toss out one thing for consideration/debate. If they go belly up, where will the financial resources that MLS needs in order to make restitution come from?
I do not see restitution funds coming from AV123. If suppliers have AV123 on a cash basis, where do you think that AV123 will come up with the funds to manufacture these new products? I do not believe that customers, at least in sufficient numbers, will be willing to prepay for their products. Unless the Schifter family has a secret stache of cash, I do not see how the new products get built.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
So, you think then that all this is a stall tactic in order to clean out inventory and then it's anchor's away. If that's the case, and it doesn't appear there's a secret stash of cash (more on that later tonight or tomorrow) then that would suggest a high probability that MLS will be unable to offer a significant amount of monies as partial restitution in which case maybe he will see some incarceration time. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Matt34

Matt34

I hadn't realized that they've removed the Rocket line from the site - that's a pretty ominous milestone. The speaker that's "coming soon" to replace it is still just a rendering and a promise of matching center and surrounds that aren't even that far along. History suggests that getting from the rendering stage to having stock on hand in Colorado can take anywhere from a year to five years (assuming that the product isn't outright vaporware).

The X-series isn't fairing much better. There are exactly two speakers left: X-Static and X-Voce. The b-stock offerings include some shadows from the past (X-SLS and X-Sub), but even that is pretty sketchy.

The LS4 cabinets haven't even been built yet. They estimate ~3 weeks until they have stock. That's likely to be more like ~2-3 months if you are optimistic, or more if you are realistic.

The ELT525 line looks like it may be on the way out, too. All the rosewood is sold out, leaving just the cherry finish. Their claim that the current ELT525 sale is to make room for new products seems pretty questionable, since the ELT525's are small compared to the Rockets and many of the X-series stuff that they used to keep in stock all the time - with Rockets out of the way, limited LS inventory (a few sets of B-stock cabinets), and only two X speakers still available, there should be room to spare. I wonder how long that product line will be around?
All that vaporware takes up a lot of warehouse space apparently.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I'm just trying to figure out how this is different than a preorder.
Well, for a purchase to be a preorder you have to order something with the intention of getting it later. Given the writing on the wall this is a purchase of something with the high likelihood of never getting it. So, I'd say it's more of a donation than a preorder. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis