DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
droht

droht

Full Audioholic
When I saw that I had posted in this thread, and moreover what I said, I threw up in my mouth a little. :eek:
I didn't post in that thread, but I've certainly had that same feeling on more than one occasion. Best not to read those old threads. I'd rather not be reminded of how gullibly stupid I was...

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Ain't nothing wrong with having posted in those old threads and no reason to be ashamed either guys. In the end, it was all a bad relationship and when you're in one, you don't always realize how messed up it was until it's over. Heck, way back when, I thought Schifter was an OK guy and even had a couple of posts where I commended his handling of a customer's situation. But you know, one of the unintended consequences I see from this, is that people are a bit more skeptical of the audio press and for sure less tolerant of corporate screw-ups (Emotiva). We don't need them. They need us. And there's something else too. You don't need to have a 'dog in the hunt' in order to stand up and point the finger at a company that's messing up. A good Samaritan doesn't need to know the person in order to try and help them or get some justice.

Humbly bumbly!

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
When I saw that I had posted in this thread, and moreover what I said, I threw up in my mouth a little. :eek:
Hey, at least you didn't compare some POS sketch to something you saw at the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Ah, good times, good times...:p

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Ain't nothing wrong with having posted in those old threads and no reason to be ashamed either guys. In the end, it was all a bad relationship and when you're in one, you don't always realize how messed up it was until it's over. Heck, way back when, I thought Schifter was an OK guy and even had a couple of posts where I commended his handling of a customer's situation. But you know, one of the unintended consequences I see from this, is that people are a bit more skeptical of the audio press and for sure less tolerant of corporate screw-ups (Emotiva). We don't need them. They need us. And there's something else too. You don't need to have a 'dog in the hunt' in order to stand up and point the finger at a company that's messing up. A good Samaritan doesn't need to know the person in order to try and help them or get some justice.

Humbly bumbly!
Can I get a Amen!? Well said Chu.

S

Scabbage

Banned
This all has me thinking about human nature and how esoteric/impervious knowledge of one's truest intent really is. It's scary how deceptive people can be.

And to think how ironic was my joy over purchasing a quality product from a reputable business led by a good sport like EM-EL-ES.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I found this to be kind of interesting. In the Rocket Volta thread, post #36 by TADG:

"I'm also privy to a lower cost Monitor that has been designed by a gifted forum member that's about to go into production."

Wonder who the *gifted* forum member is?

http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=761749&postcount=36
Yeah, they're so gifted VA321 can't tell you who they are. :rolleyes: It must be one of the many incognito world class speaker designers who hang out on VA321's forums who have developed an addiction to Kool-Aide. :p

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=761749&postcount=36

I will say here exactly what got me banned there.

"This speaker will never see the light of day."

"Kool aid, kool aid... tastes great! Get some kool aid... can't wait!"

I can't believe these guys (av12Guilty), nor those still lapping it up over there. :rolleyes:
I just look at the stupid-a$$ design of that speaker and have to shake my head. Sure, it's modular looking. But, with those rear spikes, how can such a speaker be properly stand mounted? Or, are they just designing it for near-field use via a desktop? :confused:

VA321 got away from the X-LS and wanted to roll out a replacement speaker that was more square-ish in appearance, yet would be easier to have veneer applied. With this latest design, it looks like another veneer nightmare approaching.

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, they're so gifted VA321 can't tell you who they are. :rolleyes: It must be one of the many incognito world class speaker designers who hang out on VA321's forums who have developed an addiction to Kool-Aide. :p
You see, that's not how I interpreted the statement:

"I'm also privy to a lower cost Monitor that has been designed by a gifted forum member that's about to go into production."

I took that to mean there is someone who is a forum member (not necessarily posting though) that has designed a low cost monitor which won't necessarily be sold through VA451. Can you think of who that might be that is supposed to be coming out with a low cost speaker shortly?

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic

I took that to mean there is someone who is a forum member (not necessarily posting though) that has designed a low cost monitor which won't necessarily be sold through VA451. Can you think of who that might be that is supposed to be coming out with a low cost speaker shortly?
Yeah, I didn't read it right. I see what you mean. That must be the Commandant he's talking about.

M

mhawker

Audioholic

Sounds to me like a new company for MLS to captain.

S

subdude

Banned
In the new speaker thread over at 123:

"I also know we are developing an even better large scale monitor for a dear friend/company"

Anyone know who this is - TCA perhaps?

I can't think of any other friends in the industry.

droht

droht

Full Audioholic
I would bet against there being any future TCA - av123 linkage. Craig is not that dumb, especially given the number of times he has been tossed under the bus because of real or perceived relationship/dealings with mls in the past.

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
In the new speaker thread over at 123:

"I also know we are developing an even better large scale monitor for a dear friend/company"

Anyone know who this is - TCA perhaps?

I can't think of any other friends in the industry.
There's also the possibility that the whole thing is a flat out lie. :p

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
I would bet against there being any future TCA - av123 linkage. Craig is not that dumb, especially given the number of times he has been tossed under the bus because of real or perceived relationship/dealings with mls in the past.
I'm not sure I share your optimism, but I would certainly hope that your assessment is correct.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
It could also be a red herring - a completely fictitious large scale monitor (much improved over the other fictitious large scale monitors that came before it, of course) for an imaginary friend and his imaginary company. After all, rattling off a big list of great new products that TADG is working ("workinge"?) on looks impressive, and mentioning product development for other companies (especially ones that are "dear friends") supports the assertion that TADG is a separate design company. And since he didn't say which dear friend and company, it's hard to actually dis-prove.

Edit: Stereodude beat me to it on this one:
There's also the possibility that the whole thing is a flat out lie. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis