DO NOT BUY anything from AV123

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jhan1000

Audioholic Intern
I found this to be kind of interesting. In the Rocket Volta thread, post #36 by TADG:

"I'm also privy to a lower cost Monitor that has been designed by a gifted forum member that's about to go into production."

Wonder who the *gifted* forum member is?

http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=761749&postcount=36
Given that this this is a "Groupe", it's always feels odd to me that these TADG posts are written in the first person.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
I found this to be kind of interesting. In the Rocket Volta thread, post #36 by TADG:

"I'm also privy to a lower cost Monitor that has been designed by a gifted forum member that's about to go into production."

Wonder who the *gifted* forum member is?

http://forums.av123.com/showpost.php?p=761749&postcount=36
Sheesh ... just like giving free drugs away around the school yard to get the kids addicted. Once addicted, they have to open their wallets and pay dearly to support their habits. :eek:

E

Eddie Horton

Junior Audioholic
Rocket Bravo? Doesn't Onix already produce a Bravo? Nothing like keeping the waters nice and muddy.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
There was some talk - screen name Dane that said he was working on something with AV123. He made a post sometime after the indictment but I can't seem to find now.

According to this post back in 2004 he was (or still is) a EE working for Panasonic. I wonder if this is the guy TADG was referencing?

http://forums.av123.com/archive/index.php?t-4524.html

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
He's working for someone else now. He never said what it is that he or his company was contemplating working on for Schifter. I would hope that he's not so clueless that he hasn't picked up on the pattern of suppliers cast to the side of the road but you never know. Anyone seen Quintana at all? He was a pretty staunch soldier.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
There was some talk - screen name Dane that said he was working on something with AV123. He made a post sometime after the indictment but I can't seem to find now.
I thought Dane's company's proposal was more electronic in nature, as opposed to speaker designs, etc. I could be wrong, though.

gonk

gonk

Full Audioholic
I think Dane works elsewhere now - he may have moved since 2004, and the firm he works for now is (I believe) a smaller manufacturer that was in talks with Mark to build some stuff for him back before the indictment.

C

cmryan821

Junior Audioholic
Guys I just wanted to add that one more place you may want to file a complaint is the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. I was told this by the Colorado Office of Consumer Fraud after I filed a complaint with them.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
Guys I just wanted to add that one more place you may want to file a complaint is the Internet Crime Complaint Center at www.ic3.gov. I was told this by the Colorado Office of Consumer Fraud after I filed a complaint with them.
This is also another great source of information. When I was ripped off on the purchase of some audio gear a few years back, I filed a complaint with the city the guy lived in as well as what appeared to be the local field office for the FBI (which was brought into the fold by IC3). Needless to say, the guy shook a bit when the local police started paying visits to his house and I received a resolution within a few weeks. I then closed out the case filed via IC3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis