'The Ripper' From Visceral Games Confirmed

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
'The Ripper' From Visceral Games Confirmed
New title from Dead Space developer will be download-only.
by Jim Reilly

March 22, 2010 - According to Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter's latest investor note sent out this morning, Electronic Arts and developer Visceral Games (Dead Space, Dante's Inferno) will release a new game based on the infamous 19th century serial killer Jack the Ripper.

Pachter's report confirms rumors that surfaced last October when trademark registrations for "The Ripper" were discovered online. This new game will reportedly be a download-only title for PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE. No other details were given in Pachter's report.

Given that The Ripper is a download title, we should assume this is a small title with a significantly smaller development team. With Dead Space 2 set for release in early 2011, it's possible EA could release the game sometime this year.

As reported by IGN.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
So, what do you do in the game? Pick up hookers and women on the street and cut them into little pieces?:( Not quite sure that would tide over well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Looking forward to Dead Space 2. The first one was fun.

Not sure about Ripper. My guess is you will be the one investigating the murders as opposed to being The Ripper himself. It could be interesting given the fact that he was never caught and they still don't know who it was.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I would like them to incorporate the ability to play as Jack the Ripper or as the Detective trying to capture him. Serj remember how people made such a big deal out of the GTA series it sure didn't hurt them, I for one will have no issue with the subject matter of the game but I will have a problem with it if the game doesn't bring it.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I would like them to incorporate the ability to play as Jack the Ripper or as the Detective trying to capture him. Serj remember how people made such a big deal out of the GTA series it sure didn't hurt them, I for one will have no issue with the subject matter of the game but I will have a problem with it if the game doesn't bring it.
I remember the GTA issues with GTAIII. They were hilarious. But as far as purposely committing brutal crimes, I don't know how you can portray it in a game very well. Like, "HIT X to CHOP THROUGH THE MARROW!" "Decide on a place to put the severed leg with O"

I don't know. It would just be odd. Being an investigator may be alright. Something like Condemned, just without the random fighting that made no sense.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I remember the GTA issues with GTAIII. They were hilarious. But as far as purposely committing brutal crimes, I don't know how you can portray it in a game very well. Like, "HIT X to CHOP THROUGH THE MARROW!" "Decide on a place to put the severed leg with O"

I don't know. It would just be odd. Being an investigator may be alright. Something like Condemned, just without the random fighting that made no sense.
I think that is where the MOVE controller would come into play, just a thought.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis