The Best Speakers you've ever heard

R

rded

Audioholic
I only have a budget of 75k...I wish I could go 100k...totally joking about both haha..I just like listening to speakers. It's fun to listen to something that is totally out of my price range. The ride home kinda sucks, but its all in good fun.
I hear you. Listening to the Dynaudio Consequence SEs at my dealer last saturday totally ruined me. I didn't even want to look or listen my system:eek::D

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
I posted these Scaenas before and all I got LOL and how ugly they are. These are awesome.
Walter, the Scaenas were something to behold. I am very much into Aesthetics and the Scaenas are definitely different looking. But in terms of SQ, they are absolutely amazing. I'm glad someone else has heard them and agrees...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know about best, but the Celestion 3 bookshelf monitors (original acoustic suspension model, not the MKII which is ported) definitely set a benchmark for most impressive sound stage I've heard from a speaker. The sound they produce is just beautiful to my ears.

K

Kaz-maN

Junior Audioholic
The best I've heard is paradigm signature s6's v.3 hooked up to arcams av888/p777 combo. At the same time though b&w 802's on simaudio moon evolution amp's, and the supernova cd player.

annunaki

annunaki

B&W 801 with 600 watts rms classe' power per channel.

Martin Logan Prodigy same amplification

Phase Technology D.A.R.T.S. System

PSB Syncrony One with 300rms NAD digital amplification.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Phase Technology D.A.R.T.S. System
Not much on this forum about Phase Tech. My friend has the Premier Series and they impress the hell out me (especially for the cost). Them flat piston drivers are something else.

Last edited:
J

jrayton

Enthusiast
Ohm Super Walsh 2.100 S-3s. Low end of the Walsh Series speakers, but they sound absolutely Beautiful.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I was at a GTG in Deleware a few months back where the host had Dynaudio Contour towers and bookshelves and the sound was pure bliss.

I also attended a GTG in Texas a couple years back where a member (at Sound and Vision - IG) handmade his own speakers with outboard crossovers and in his treated room the sound was just short of perfection.

I have tested out some B&W 800Ds that were very good, (not great but good) and I heard those McIntosh towers with the billion midranges and tweets (impressive but not for the money) I also heard some KEFs (forgot model but higher end towers) that impressed me.

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
The best I heard was when I was at RBH's corporate office and they had their Status Acoustics line out. I got to hear the top of the line. It looked a little funky, but man it sounded nice. If only I didn't need a place to live, maybe I could buy them. I think they were ~ $100k a pair.

wshuff

wshuff

Audioholic
My own pair of LS6. Yeah, I got them from AV123, but I would have never been able to build my own from one of Danny Richie's kits. I feel like I stole them from the company, so with all that's going on, I guess that's a good thing.

A now deceased friend had a setup that included huge Krell mono-blocks powering custom Apogee Studio Grandes. The amount invested would buy a pretty decent car. As impressive as they were, they didn't move me the way my LS6 do. They can still give me chills. I'm sure that there are better out there, but I don't need to hear them. I've got as good as I'm going to get.

annunaki

annunaki

Not much on this forum about Phase Tech. My friend has the Premier Series and they impress the hell out me (especially for the cost). Them flat piston drivers are something else.
They are very nice speakers. Fully active is hard to beat!

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
The best speakers I've ever heard are the ones in my living room. Its imperative I keep telling myself that. :cool:

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Best Center

Definitive Techology C/L/R 3000 is the best center I have heard.

Peace,

Forest Man

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Being a voyeur for a day, I walked into a local audiophile shop in Timonium when they were demo'ing the "Infinity Reference System". 2 Giant speakers with integrated subs, connected to high-end electronics made those speakers sound downright palpable. It sounded like a small jazz band was right in front of me. This was back in the 90's and I think they were retailing for something like 56K for the pair.

The other was a 100K system with Wilson-Watt something, in a shop in SOHO, NYC. Again, the illusion of reality was amazing. My wife referred to the system as sounding "pretty good".

Did either sound good enough to merit the cost? Not at my income level.

J

just listening

Audioholic
Floorstanders- Martin Logan CLX,

Bookshelf/Monitors- Sonus Faber Guarneri

S

SoCalWJS

Audiophyte
Wilson Audio WAMM (at that time) or the old Infinity IRS Series IV

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
1. WmAx's omni polar rig
2. B&W 804 (very distant second at that)

C

Chicagorep

Junior Audioholic
Totem Wind Designs. I spent two days listening to them at high volume in a demo room and they never tired me out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis