The Best Speakers you've ever heard

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
What's the best set of speakers that you ever heard...regardless of price! If you want, you can break it down by:
The best bookshelves
The best towers
The best center
The best surround/rear
ETC...

or

you can just say the overall best speaker you have heard :)

Last edited:
A

AdrianMills

Full Audioholic
What's the best set of speakers that you ever heard...regardless of price! If you want, you can break it down by:
The best bookshelves
The best towers
The best center
The best surround/rear
ETC...

or

you can just say the overall best speaker you have heard :)
My B&W 804S. ;) Okay, maybe not the best overall but the best I've heard that I'd like to have in my living room. TBH I even preferred my 804S/SVS Ultra13 combo over a pair of 802D I demoed.

The overall best speakers that were the closest to a real concert experience were JBL Everest speakers. Awesome sound, hard to describe and I'd suggest everyone listen to them if given the chance. Stupidly expensive though and way too large for my house even if they were affordable.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Revel Ultima2 Salon2 powered by Yamaha pro amps. They were like butter....

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Jamie, I once read that you like turtles.

Is this true?

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
When going down to my local Sonus Faber dealer, I met the founder of this company:

http://www.scaena.com/scaena_homepage.htm

They had the low end range of the speaker ($55,000) at the dealer. I can't even begin to tell you how incredible they sounded. The width of the sound stage seemed to be larger then the room itself. The clarity was incredible. The speakers completely disappeared into the room and the instruments seemed to float in the air, as if ghosts were playing them right in front of you. Each instrument seemed to be physically in front of you, spread throughout the room.

It was sublime. I've never heard anything quite like that. It made the Sonus Faber Cremonas, which I though sounded incredible when I heard them, pale in comparison...

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
Is that $55,000 per speaker?

I barely make that in a year!!!!

G

greggp2

Senior Audioholic
That was for the pair.. A lot yes, but all relative I guess. I need to keep saving too if I ever wanted to go that large. But in terms of sound reproduction, AMAZING...

dapack69

dapack69

Senior Audioholic
That was for the pair.. A lot yes, but all relative I guess. I need to keep saving too if I ever wanted to go that large. But in terms of sound reproduction, AMAZING...
I think I know how you feel. Since I am in South Korea right now I bought a piece of crap Hyundai to drive. This compared to my supercharger mustang is like night and day; in another words amazing. Again my mustang will pull low 10's in the 1/4. Everytime I drove it I get a hard-on.

I guess these speakers would do the same.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Bookshelves - it's a contest between the Dynaudio Confidence C1 and the Focal.JMLabs Electra 1007Be.

Towers - it's a contest between the Salk HT-4 or whatever he's calling them now and the Snell Phantoms.

In either case, it would take a back to back audition to decide between them.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
awesome responses....makes me want to head to a dealer today and do some listening. If I have enough time today, I think I will.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
For 2 channel "Sonus Faber Stradivarius"
For HT "Cinepro Evo2"

R

Ready for Ryan

Audiophyte
Taking into consideration the setup, acoustic panelings etc., the best towers I have heard would have to be in a dealership.

The best I have heard - Paradigm Signatures - Awesome soundstage, it was just beautiful to listen to.​

The worst I have heard (both times; different dealers) - B&W CM9s.​

(Irony - I would be getting the CM9s later this month, because they are visually the most beautiful speakers to me. None comes close at that price design-wise. Visual over sound for me! LOL)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
When going down to my local Sonus Faber dealer, I met the founder of this company:

http://www.scaena.com/scaena_homepage.htm

They had the low end range of the speaker ($55,000) at the dealer. I can't even begin to tell you how incredible they sounded. The width of the sound stage seemed to be larger then the room itself. The clarity was incredible. The speakers completely disappeared into the room and the instruments seemed to float in the air, as if ghosts were playing them right in front of you. Each instrument seemed to be physically in front of you, spread throughout the room.

It was sublime. I've never heard anything quite like that. It made the Sonus Faber Cremonas, which I though sounded incredible when I heard them, pale in comparison...
I posted these Scaenas before and all I got LOL and how ugly they are. These are awesome.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
How much are you spending?

$100,000?:eek:
I only have a budget of 75k...I wish I could go 100k...totally joking about both haha..I just like listening to speakers. It's fun to listen to something that is totally out of my price range. The ride home kinda sucks, but its all in good fun.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Klipsch Cornwalls......as good now as in 1967....very dynamic and room filling....qualify as large bookshef units or small towers....30 year old units bring 2/3 value of new ones....timeless...you can buy them new or used..... good with present amps or tubes....

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
haven't had the chance to demo many speakers, but the other day i demoed a Klipsch Icon 2-way with 3 6.5 inch woofers (tower speaker), it is definitly the best i've had the chance to hear so far.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis