Hendrix Estate Says Rock Band Project in the Works

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Janie Hendrix step-sister of Jimi Hendrix told the LA Times that a Hendrix Rock Band game should be release by the end of this year. Well for fans of Hendrix and Rock Band this could be a dream come true. We will have to wait to get the official word from Harmonix.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I think it dumb to release one artist rock bands. The beatles rock band was terrible. Not only do I hate the beatles, but it was drab and you are forced to play the same band's songs over and over and over, whether you want to or not. Even though I like maybe 3 hendrix songs, and so does everyone else on the face of the planet, I wouldn't play it. They might as well just do Hendrix guitar hero, because why would the band even matter in a Hendrix game?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I think it dumb to release one artist rock bands. The beatles rock band was terrible. Not only do I hate the beatles, but it was drab and you are forced to play the same band's songs over and over and over, whether you want to or not. Even though I like maybe 3 hendrix songs, and so does everyone else on the face of the planet, I wouldn't play it. They might as well just do Hendrix guitar hero, because why would the band even matter in a Hendrix game?
Exactly!!!

I like both Aerosmith and Van Halen, but I didn't buy either of those games. I would rather have Hendrix, Aerosmith and Van Halen DLC for Rock Band. I just don't see myself wanting to play 30 songs of ANY one band.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Exactly!!!

I like both Aerosmith and Van Halen, but I didn't buy either of those games. I would rather have Hendrix, Aerosmith and Van Halen DLC for Rock Band. I just don't see myself wanting to play 30 songs of ANY one band.
I like where this is going, how about instead of one or two bands Rock Band does games that covers decades in music. Example like 80' Rock or 90's Rock and so on.

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
Is there a part of the Hendrix game where you pick the guitar with your teeth and set it on FIRE?!!! I wonder how many homes will go up in flames? If you gotta play it like Jimi you gotta do it right.:D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Is there a part of the Hendrix game where you pick the guitar with your teeth and set it on FIRE?!!! I wonder how many homes will go up in flames? If you gotta play it like Jimi you gotta do it right.:D
I can't wait for the lighter fluid controller.:D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I like where this is going, how about instead of one or two bands Rock Band does games that covers decades in music. Example like 80' Rock or 90's Rock and so on.
Guitar Here did do a "Rocks the 80's" game and that was one of my favorites. It had A Flock of Seagulls, Scandal, .38 Special, The Vapors, tons of good 80's tracks.

But now that I think of it, I can think of maybe one artist that I would buy a whole game of, Prince. But that's about it. It would be especially good if during the course of the game you got to bang all the hot chicks he hung out with back in the day, Vanity, Shelia E., Appolonia. ;)

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Well, Rock Band did have little "track packs" that seemed to only be sold in Wal-Mart, Best-Buy, and Gamestop, and some of them were "Metal" or "COuntry" or "80's".

I think the best idea would be to release a Rock Band 3, give it a password like the past so all the 1 and 2 songs will transfer to the hard drive, and can be played, then just add a lot more customization, and keep doing the song downloads, and of course add about 100 more songs, then leave it at that, and release all the songs possible they can think of. That would be a good idea. Go ahead and have Jimmi Hendrix DLC songs and full albums, I don't want a game centered around him, not at all.

As for the "lighter" controller and such, did any of you see the Guitar Hero episode of South park? That's what it reminds me of, where Stan had to resort to "Heroine Hero" to relieve the stresses of scoring over a million points in concert. If you haven't seen that epsiode, I highly suggest you look it up and watch it.

How about a "Godsmack Rock Band" where they put the microphone on the drumset and force you to be just as talented as the lead singer of that band and make you play the drums and sing at the same time.

How are they going to have a singer for Hendrix, if he was the singer? You have to play, and sing at the same time? What about the songs he made when he didn't sing? You have to have someone sit near the microphone and wait for time to catch up with itself? Do you have to go to a friend's house, take their guitar, and light it on fire for star power? It just doesn't make sense. It's like having a Jethro Tull Rock band, or Britney Spears Rock band. I don't want it and I don't want to play it.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
How about a "Godsmack Rock Band" where they put the microphone on the drumset and force you to be just as talented as the lead singer of that band and make you play the drums and sing at the same time.

How are they going to have a singer for Hendrix, if he was the singer? You have to play, and sing at the same time? What about the songs he made when he didn't sing? You have to have someone sit near the microphone and wait for time to catch up with itself? Do you have to go to a friend's house, take their guitar, and light it on fire for star power? It just doesn't make sense. It's like having a Jethro Tull Rock band, or Britney Spears Rock band. I don't want it and I don't want to play it.
I bought a mic stand and often play drums or guitar while singing. It's a lot more fun and challenging. The only part that sucks is when you're supposed to be hitting the mic for tambourine or cow bell.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I bought a mic stand and often play drums or guitar while singing. It's a lot more fun and challenging. The only part that sucks is when you're supposed to be hitting the mic for tambourine or cow bell.
U can't do both at once. I can't even play regular guitar or drums and sing at the same time. I will just start strumming and the words will never come out. I have to stop one to do the other, so my hat's off to you.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
U can't do both at once. I can't even play regular guitar or drums and sing at the same time. I will just start strumming and the words will never come out. I have to stop one to do the other, so my hat's off to you.
As long as you really know the song, it's not too terribly difficult. I've got the words memorized, so I'm only looking at the guitar or drum part of the screen.

Even before I bought the mic stand I'd usually be singing while I was playing anyway, so it was just a natural progression for me to try and do both at the same time.

son-yah-tive

son-yah-tive

Full Audioholic
There really isn't going to be a Hendrix game, is there?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis