Bioshock 2 Discussion Thread

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Discuss previews, reviews, gameplay, strategies or even discussions on the orginal Bioshock.

Release date is Feb 9, 2010. :)

Last edited:
Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
NO............ WAY! If the release date is true, I have an excuse to get my wife to get me it, since that is my birthday. Sweet.

I've been waiting for the second installment for a long time. I'm pretty sure the final remark on time frame was that it was set way before the original bioshock and some stated in the civil war era. I haven't gotten a clear review on it. The whole being a big Daddy thing looks great to me with that new addition of being able to go out of Rapture and into the sea for a little while then finding secret areas and such.

I played through the original about 4 or 5 times just to get all the achievments on the 360 version, and I did not mind, because I liked the game that much. The story was brilliant, and the atmosphere was captivating. Also, all the characters had that "crazy" to them for having lived by themselves underwater for several years with that whole Adam collection going on. The best character I think was Fontain, (I think that's his name) the guy who made you kill a few people then take pictures of their bodies for his "masterpiece" and then there was the "irony" award for killing him when he came to look at it and taking a picture of his body.

The whole game was awesome. I hope the 2nd will be as good or better.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
From the trailers it looks to be on par with the first have to wait and see.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I also noticed when we were prowling Gamestop to convince my wife to buy it for me, that it has multiplayer. I'm not sure how well I'll accept that, but we'll see. She didn't pre-order it at gamestop and on our final trip shopping for the day, she agreed to pre-order it at Target, and now I have it on pre-order. Hooray!

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
It's always great when a wife supports a husband's gaming addiction.:cool:

F

Fenix

Audioholic
Serj, you and I have something in common. That's my B-day too!!! Hopefully my wife picks it up for me as well.

From what I have seen on XBL, the multiplayer and the single player are 2 separate stories. The single player is going to be in the future after the first game and you're playing a big daddy. The multiplayer you will be playing as residents of Rapture in the past when everything when haywire (before the first game) so you'll be shooting up other residents and trashing all of the places that we know from the first game.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Sweet! We are birthday brethrin. It took quite a while to convince her to get it, since she thinks new games are way too expensive. They are in a way, but I remember paying upwards of $50 for N64 games when those were new too.
Plus it was a sign that she should get me the game because it comes out on my birthday. The only other things I remember coming out on 02/09 were the Hanibal movies for a few years...

As long as the multiplayer belongs in the game, then I think I can accept it, maybe it will break my COD habbit for now, maybe not.:D And so it's set to be in the future, interesting? But wasn't one of the endings in the first game that you liberated all the Little Sisters on a submarine and took them away from Rapture? There were a couple other endings, but I assume that one may be the one they stick with. Hopefully you can choose to be good or evil again...

F

Fenix

Audioholic
I think it is based off of the good ending. You saved the little sisters, and rapture went on. However one of the little sisters has now grown up, has started to show some powers, wanted to return to rapture, and now calls herself a big sister. So, I'm not sure if your the big daddy supposed to be protecting her, or if you're trying to stop her. We will see.

F

Fenix

Audioholic
Ok, so I'm only an hour into the game (picked it up last night, Happy B-Day to me!!) and it's pretty good and interesting so far. I have yet to encounter a little sister that I can Adopt, Harvest, or Save. However those Big Sisters seem like they are going to be tough. I'm especially interested to see where the story goes. It's pretty cool being a big daddy, but you're a little weak at the beginning. Can't wait to get some more plasmids and weapons.

The drill is pretty cool as well. Gotta love drilling a hole through your targets.

How about you Serj?? Did you get your B-day present as well??

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, so I'm only an hour into the game (picked it up last night, Happy B-Day to me!!) and it's pretty good and interesting so far. I have yet to encounter a little sister that I can Adopt, Harvest, or Save. However those Big Sisters seem like they are going to be tough. I'm especially interested to see where the story goes. It's pretty cool being a big daddy, but you're a little weak at the beginning. Can't wait to get some more plasmids and weapons.

The drill is pretty cool as well. Gotta love drilling a hole through your targets.

How about you Serj?? Did you get your B-day present as well??
The game is pretty good. It maintains much of the original (which is a good thing) however I find the environments/graphics a little underwhelming for its time. In this aspect it is only a gradual step up. Maybe it has to do with the outdated Unreal Engine or the devs were lazy but the graphics/environments are not all that impressive compared to other games out right now (Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2).

The drill is a cool new weapon in the game (wait until you are able to charge enemies with it :D), a tad overpowered. I would upgrade the drill first because I find it is the best weapon against the more powerful enemies such as the Big Daddy. Spam them with lightening bolt and drill them in the head until they are dead (its tough to stay fully stocked on oil for the drill). I die quite a bit with the sisters because they are more agile and appear at times when I seem to be low on health, plasmid and ammo.

The story is again fantastic, and the creepy world/atmosphere created is top notch.

F

Fenix

Audioholic
I would agree with the outdated graphics. Even though they still look quite good, it would be nicer to have more detail. However that may require them to split the game into multiple discs. I'm not really against that, though it can get annoying at times (I own Start Ocean: The Last Hope and it's 3 discs).

I haven't jumped into multiplayer yet, but that should be fun to play. I can't wait to get upgrades so I can really work on kicking butt.

However I do have tomorrow, Friday, and Monday off, so 5 day weekend=lots of game time!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis