Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
This is starting to get out of control Sony has decide to delay GT5 again, the release for North America was suppose to be March 31 now it's TBA. GT5 was announced at E3 in 06 and here we are in 2010 still waiting. I'm starting to lose hope here if we will ever see this game in 2010.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I heard words "summer 2010" and "GT5" were mentioned in the same sentance :rolleyes:

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
If's it taking this long the game needs to deliver.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
That is just ridiculous, I hope they have already started working on GT6 for the PS4 since it will take 10 years to get the next release out at the rate they are going.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Forget this game. No game is worth waiting that long for. I was reading an article about it the other day in a mag and even they made the comment "We had this as our cover story 2 years ago and it STILL isn't out...."

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
The GT series has sucked since GT2. It's just better graphics. Same stale boring game. The addition of rally races in 3 barely improved the game's fun factor.

I regularly drive at 120+MPH and the sense of speed in GT has always been lacking. GT just isn't fun.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
They want to make it perfect. I understand that. Not that I even care. Racing games tend to be boring. I drive a lot and have no interest in doing it in a game.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The games are excellent, no doubt, but I don't need them to be perfect. My guess is they are working to make the online capability better.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Forza won where GT lost. It offered everything. GT is boring. Granted I want the 5th one, but I don't expect anything except better graphics and more cars. They might as well just never release it because there's nothing in it that should be taking this long. Just start work on GT6 and skip this one.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I don't know about most people, but with this kind of delay, I end losing interest in buying the game, even if I originally highly desired the game. It was the same with Tekken 6. I was originally anticipating the game. They even finished the game (had it out on PS3 based arcade machines). At the last minute before releasing on the PS3, they decided to 're-work' the game and make a port for Xbox 360, and delay the release for more than a year in the process. As a result, I lost interest. The same goes for GT5. At this point, I may buy the games when they go to 'Great Hits' status, then buy used in a local pawn shop for $9 or $10.

-Chris

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
4yrs for this game, I hope they did something groundbreaking or did somthing like cross NFS Underground with the GT series.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
4yrs for this game, I hope they did something groundbreaking or did somthing like cross NFS Underground with the GT series.
They will never do anything as good as the underground or most wanted. Whole different boat.:D

Forza 2 was a masterpiece, and it's still got online players even with Forza 3 out. That game came out in 2006 I believe, and people are still playing it. Can't say the same for any of the GT series.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't know about most people, but with this kind of delay, I end losing interest in buying the game, even if I originally highly desired the game. It was the same with Tekken 6. I was originally anticipating the game. They even finished the game (had it out on PS3 based arcade machines). At the last minute before releasing on the PS3, they decided to 're-work' the game and make a port for Xbox 360, and delay the release for more than a year in the process. As a result, I lost interest. The same goes for GT5. At this point, I may buy the games when they go to 'Great Hits' status, then buy used in a local pawn shop for $9 or $10.
I don't think you missed out on anything with Tekken6. I am a HUGE fan of the series and even when it was recently on sale for $40 I didn't pick it up. Reviews said "nothing new here besides nice graphics", so I wouldn't even worry about that one. Unfortunately, even with all the stuff they're adding, GT5 looks to be in pretty much the same boat.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
They will never do anything as good as the underground or most wanted. Whole different boat.:D

Forza 2 was a masterpiece, and it's still got online players even with Forza 3 out. That game came out in 2006 I believe, and people are still playing it. Can't say the same for any of the GT series.
Most Wanted and Forza 3 are the epitomy of arcade and sim racers, respectively. :cool:

"nothing new here besides nice graphics"
You pretty much summarized about 85% of the video game market right there. :D

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
For me the GT series has just not been addicting enough to play regularly. I'm not a huge fan on sim style race games, but there is this stigma with GT that it's the best racing series of all time. It's just not fun after the hundredth time playing. Some games you can go back day after day and experience something new and exciting. GT always seemed to fall short in this regard, in my opinion. Infact there has been very few racing games that could hold my interest that were sim based. The only one that comes to mind in World Driver Championship on the N64.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis