God of War 3 vs Dante's Inferno

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
God of War lost its story in the first game. I'm interested in Dante's Inferno though ever since I downloaded the preview on the PS3... it looks intense. God of War, all I cared about was why he was gray, and him killing Aeres. That's about it, when that all happened, I was good to go. God of War II was terrible IMO. The third won't offer anything new other than graphics.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
KEY FEATURES

. ONLY ON PS3 - The award-winning development team leverages the processing power and technology of PLAYSTATION 3 to make God of War III one of the most-graphically advanced next gen titles available, with even the dramatic cut screens running off the in-game engine.

• GROUNDBREAKING DEPTH OF SCALE - Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans – living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.

• STYLIZED REALISM - Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.

• SIGNATURE GAMEPLAY - Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos’ epic story.

• SOPHISTICATED STORYLINE - The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the trilogy; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the Gods.

• RIDEABLE CREATURES - Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.

• NEW WEAPONS AND COMBAT SYSTEM - New deadly weapons such as the Cestus—powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength—and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.

• LIGHTING TECHNOLOGIES - The dynamic lighting solution employed in GOW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera – when using Krato’s sightline – will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.

Just a little more info on God of War III.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The dynamic lighting is cool in certain scenes and in others it doesn't make any really noticeable difference. As I said before, I don't think they added enough in GOW3 (based on the demo obviously) to really make it stand out from the crowd of all those imitators, some of which are pretty good, or even the previous games. The story better be REALLY good, like the first one.

Unfortunately, the same goes for Dante's Inferno. Even great graphics can't cover up the fact that it is a straight up God of War clone. This is one that I will probably wait and pick up used.

Last edited:
Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Dante's Inferno is just something new. God of War I was done with after the first game, second couldn't keep me into it.

There are a lot of game clones that wind up being fun. Anyone remember Heavenly Sword? Pretty close to God of War. Dark Sector was a Gears of War Copy, as was Army of 2, but both were more interesting that Gears of War.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Dante's Inferno is just something new. God of War I was done with after the first game, second couldn't keep me into it.

There are a lot of game clones that wind up being fun. Anyone remember Heavenly Sword? Pretty close to God of War. Dark Sector was a Gears of War Copy, as was Army of 2, but both were more interesting that Gears of War.
Heavenly Sword was fun, I liked Army of 2 as well but God of War will do very well alot of people have been waiting for this title to drop I just hope that it will not disappoint like the Rockstar did with GTA 4.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nobody said the game clones aren't fun, just that there are so many of them that the originators need to step up if they are going to continue to set the bar. Bayonetta is an evolution from DMC, but I think I might actually enjoy Batonetta more. One of the reviews said it is the game DMC should have been LOL.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
DMC was great up until DMC 4. DMC1 and 3 were great, 2 was a piece of crap. Both showed a character that was a "Bad-A$$" and killed demons, all their was to it, they just sort of flipped the theme and it's not a "hot-A$$" who kills angels.... go figure.

I like clones of games, becuase you like one game, then don't get to play anything like it. Technically all FPS's are clones, they all have guns and you see things through the character's eyes. Although I did come across an FPS that was original, called "ZenoClash" where it's actually a first person free-roam fighting game. You can pick up weapons, but you mostly use your fists and feet and pieces of wood to hit enemies. Also, FPS games tend to focus on everyone else but the main character. You are usually not important enough to be followed and the story flows around you.

Now, over-the-shoulder games like Army of 2, Dark-Sector, Gears, etc... usually show the character and therfor they must be important to the story, so they usually have better story-lines.

Beat-em-ups like god of war, Bayonetta, Heavenly Sword, DMC, usually follow a character but the story is super global, or on a large scale, that sort of includes the character or at least their personality. With Kratos, you find out he's not gray because of him being an ultra pasty dude, but he is actually covered with ____________. That was an awesome plot element, and one of my favorites, but after that... nothing great. The story in general was global as the point was to kill aeres.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dark Sector was fun at first, but you get the powers a bit too early and it gets a little boring. The final battle could have been better.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
God of War III is a forthcoming installment in the God of War series, currently in development for the PlayStation 3. The game was announced at E3 2008 and is due for release on March 16, 2010 in North America, March 19, 2010 in Europe, and March 25, 2010 in Japan. It is the fifth and final chapter in the current story chronologically, after God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War, God of War: Betrayal, and God of War II. God of War III, however, will not be the last God of War game.The Ultimate Edition was announced on October 30, 2009, and will include exclusive content

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Plot of God of War 3

God of War II ended with Kratos, Gaia and the Titans marching on Olympus. God of War III will conclude the story of Kratos' attempt to destroy Olympus. A game demo was released at E3 2009 showing Kratos battling his way through the city of Olympia and, with help from the Titan Perses, paralyzing and killing the god Helios. Kratos then fights his way inside a back door into Olympus, and flies up through a vertical shaft using the Wings of Icarus. Meteors fall through the channel and, after emerging through the exit, Perses seems to try to kill Kratos as he falls towards him with blades in-hand.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
If it was released on the 360 it would probably end up on 3 DVD discs instead of 1 shiny Blu ray.:p:D

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Only Sony could call a flaw a "feature". :D
On the back of my Ps3 game boxes, the supported output is 720. What does the 360 have again? Oh yeah...

Both systems have their uses. Xbox 360 is definitly a "party" system, meant for online games, and 1,000 FPS titles, one RPG, and Gears of War. Did I miss any games? Viva Pinata perhaps?

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Only Sony could call a flaw a "feature". :D
Well, if it was specifically designed to maximize the PS3's hardware, then it would be a CON if it was on both systems, as they would have to substantially reduce the use of proprietary programming on the PS3 to make it very similar on both systems. I would rather have the better graphics and physics allowed by an exclusive that exploits the PS3 hardware, rather than a compromised port game.

-Chris

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
If it was released on the 360 it would probably end up on 3 DVD discs instead of 1 shiny Blu ray.:p:D
Nothing wrong with that. Mass Effect 2 is 2 disks. I had to swap disks twice throughout 50 hours. It is the most impressive game I have played to date from the consoles Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360. Anybody that just owns a PS3 needs to borrow a 360 off their buddies and play this game (controls are not as good on PC unless you use a 360 controller) . ;) You can swap for Uncharted 2 (which is also a good console exclusive title).

Last edited:
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Nothing wrong with that. Mass Effect 2 is 2 disks. I had to swap disks twice throughout 50 hours. It is the most impressive game I have played to date from the consoles Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360. Anybody that just owns a PS3 needs to borrow a 360 off their buddies and play this game (controls are not as good on PC unless you use a 360 controller) . ;) You can swap for Uncharted 2 (which is also a good console exclusive title).
Minus,Nemo and myself have a friendly rivalry going we are just talking smack:D I have owned all current consoles from this generation, I currently own a dead 360 which brings my total to 7 360's. Will I buy another 360 at this moment no,but who knows maybe down the line I might, time will tell.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Minus,Nemo and myself have a friendly rivalry going we are just talking smack:D I have owned all current consoles from this generation, I currently own a dead 360 which brings my total to 7 360's. Will I buy another 360 at this moment no,but who knows maybe down the line I might, time will tell.
New 360's are really cheap now but I wouldn't blame you for not buying one. The 360 hardware is crap and unrealiable. On the other hand the controller, online and dev support is excellent.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I bought Dante's Inferno last weekend and am really liking it so far. The boss fight on the Lust level was awesome. ;)

I only borrowed God of War 1 and 2 from a friend, so the similarity doesn't bother me. But the graphics are great, the game play is fun and the sound is VERY well done. I really like the music and the sounds of the damned screaming in torment. Great game.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well, if it was specifically designed to maximize the PS3's hardware, then it would be a CON if it was on both systems, as they would have to substantially reduce the use of proprietary programming on the PS3 to make it very similar on both systems. I would rather have the better graphics and physics allowed by an exclusive that exploits the PS3 hardware, rather than a compromised port game.

-Chris
Hey Bill Nye, didn't your show get cancelled 13 years ago? GO AWAY! *jk* :D

On the back of my Ps3 game boxes, the supported output is 720. What does the 360 have again? Oh yeah...
Um, since all 360 games either natively support 1080p or are upscaled to 1080p by the hardware, I don't see your point. And since all games support 720p, your point is even more obscured from my vision. AND since 1080p support, through either method, has been available since the December 2006 update, maybe I should hit up NASA to contact your point since it's not even on this planet... does it sting? :cool:

I currently own a dead 360 which brings my total to 7 360's.
PEBCAC. (Problem Exists Between Chair and Console) ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis