Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How'd you make out?

I forgot to mention...if you don't mind me throwing in my 2-cents.:)
Regarding you grout situation.
If it has grayish / black staining, that's mold and bleach would do it.
If that didn't work; you may have mineral deposits calcium and or rust.
Something like CLR or even white vinegar will clean it.
In either case, it's all about pre-soaking.
Thanks, Rick! It's the grout in my kitchen that was just put in a year ago. It's just dirt, as far as I know. I did seal everything, but it still got dirty. I don't want to bleach it because it's not white grout. I bought some Hoover grout cleaner. It cleaned up one trial area that I did, but a line in another area seems to have actually gotten worse. I might try the vinegar, though - I'd read that at another site for how to clean grout.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
How'd you make out?

I forgot to mention...if you don't mind me throwing in my 2-cents.:)
Regarding you grout situation.
If it has grayish / black staining, that's mold and bleach would do it.
If that didn't work; you may have mineral deposits calcium and or rust.
Something like CLR or even white vinegar will clean it.
In either case, it's all about pre-soaking.
Well aren't you just the little Suzie Homemaker.:D

NTTAWWT.:p

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, Rick! It's the grout in my kitchen that was just put in a year ago. It's just dirt, as far as I know. I did seal everything, but it still got dirty. I don't want to bleach it because it's not white grout. I bought some Hoover grout cleaner. It cleaned up one trial area that I did, but a line in another area seems to have actually gotten worse. I might try the vinegar, though - I'd read that at another site for how to clean grout.
Oh, I did not know that.

If you don't find anything that works; one alternative is to get a grout saw, (its more like sanding) and just take off the slightest layer, just enough to get rid of the stain.
Then re-seal it.

Last edited:
majorloser

majorloser

HYDROGEN PEROXIDE

It is a very strong oxidizer. I have a tan colored grout and it doesn't bother it at all. I've had many people try it on old dirty grout with great success.

Why not try the bleach in a small corner? Just use a small squirt bottle with your chemicals so they are only applied to the grout. No matter what you need to try it out in an "out of the way" location first.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I have been thinking about buying a dog for my daughter I just can't decide on what breed to get,which one would be a good companion for a 2yr old any suggestions guys.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Get a pomeranian.

Just have to be mindful where you step. Might be too small for a 2 year old, silly as that sounds.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Seth my Dad and his wife own a pomeranian, She nearly killed the poor thing because she likes to rough house.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
There's a rubber band on my desk.
I'm not sure how it got here but I think I'll put it with all the other rubber bands.

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Get a pomeranian.

Just have to be mindful where you step. Might be too small for a 2 year old, silly as that sounds.
Get a Golden Retriever :)

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man

P.S.- tested the jacuzzi -- it was great :D

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Get a Golden Retriever :)

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man

P.S.- tested the jacuzzi -- it was great :D
Thanks Forest, Golden Retriever might be nice for her how is their temperament with small children? I'm up here freezing my :eek::eek: off and your talking about a jacuzzi not cool(I'm jealous).:D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks Forest, Golden Retriever might be nice for her how is their temperament with small children? I'm up here freezing my :eek::eek: off and your talking about a jacuzzi not cool(I'm jealous).:D
I have no idea if this test is remotely accurate.
Dog breed selector

I just did a search using " dog temperament by breed " (without the quotes).

-pat

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I finally installed current anti-virus software on my computer. It only took 3 years...never had a virus. This was free from Cox so I figured why not.

-pat

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I have no idea if this test is remotely accurate.
Dog breed selector

I just did a search using " dog temperament by breed " (without the quotes).

-pat
Thanks for the info Pat it save me some time. My wife and I looked at a couple of dogs and we both liked this one now we have to show it to my daughter and see what she thinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
IMHO :rolleyes: Golden Retriers have the best temperment of any dog period!

More kids in my neighborhood, especially very little ones know my Golden Retriever, Rocko, by name. I can walk him and have him sit and he will let any kid or adult come and pet him. ---- very ,very friendly and excellent with kids, especailly the wee ones ;)

Oh yeah-- just tried one of the jacuzzi tubs at the National Woods cabin. It has two bath tubs and I upgraded both to jacuzzis. It was about 25 degrees outside -- we are having a cold spell here also --you know the effects of Al's "Global Warming" enigma.

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks guys it's going to be hard to choose a dog for her, My dad's dog is terrified of her because she likes to rough house so any dog we choose has to have the right temperament to deal with this for a little while. My wife and I are trying to teach her to take it easy on animals.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks guys it's going to be hard to choose a dog for her, My dad's dog is terrified of her because she likes to rough house so any dog we choose has to have the right temperament to deal with this for a little while. My wife and I are trying to teach her to take it easy on animals.
What dog you get depends on the space you got really. But Yorkshires and Silkys love to rough house IME. Poodles will almost never bite a kid. They always move the hand away, but if you get a poodle get a male.

Don't get a lab unless you have the space for it. I see too many folks with labs in small lots. The happiest lab I know lives on acres of land and can roam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis