Issue with controller connecting to PS3?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Anyone else have an issue with the controllers occasionally not connecting to the PS3? Once in a while I will press the PS button and it starts up the PS3, but then the controller just keeps blinking. I had it happen once or twice in the whole time I had my 60G, but with my 120G it seems to happen far more frequently. I have 4 controllers and it happens both on the Sixaxis and brand new Dualshock. Connecting via USB corrects it while it is connected, but as soon as I disconnect it, it flashes again. I have to turn it off manually and restart it and then it fixes the problem.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I always turn on my 360 via the controller. The same situation has occured a few times in the years I have owned this console. I turn on the controller and it constantly blinks and the console doesn't turn on etc. The fix for it I have found is to disconnect the battery pack so the blinking on the controller stops and to turn off/reset the powerbar/surge protector, turn it back on, press the button on the controller to turn on console/connect. It solves this problem everytime.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone else have an issue with the controllers occasionally not connecting to the PS3? Once in a while I will press the PS button and it starts up the PS3, but then the controller just keeps blinking. I had it happen once or twice in the whole time I had my 60G, but with my 120G it seems to happen far more frequently. I have 4 controllers and it happens both on the Sixaxis and brand new Dualshock. Connecting via USB corrects it while it is connected, but as soon as I disconnect it, it flashes again. I have to turn it off manually and restart it and then it fixes the problem.
Try resynchronizing the controller, First push down on the sync button (little button in the little hole on the back of the controller), connect it via USB, and turn on the system.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Try resynchronizing the controller, First push down on the sync button (little button in the little hole on the back of the controller), connect it via USB, and turn on the system.
That's just it, it is all of the controllers. I will try it and see if that helps.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I just hold the PS button down. After about 10 seconds, the system comes to it's senses.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
That's just it, it is all of the controllers. I will try it and see if that helps.
Well if that does not work than you might have found a new problem with the slim that no one has heard about yet. I'll jump on the PS Boards to see if it's an issue with other slim owners as well. It seems to be an issue with alot of Slim owners, some think it's a firmware issue 3.10 or 3.15,others think it's the sixaxis itself and another group think it's the Slim this issue is all over the place and nobody is sure what the hell caused this. I can't say it's the firmware because I have no problems and I can't say it's the console either because my brother owns a slim and he has no problems either. You have said it's happening to all your controllers both the 6ax and DS3. So there is not a sure fire cause yet.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That sucks that it is a known issue. I was thinking about getting the MadKatz MW2 controller for the extra buttons, but I wonder if it has the same problem? It seems like a bluetooth issue to me. I wonder if it might have to do with our phones?

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well let's say you get the Madkatz and you don't have a problem at all that will be great,but the problem still exists the thing that is bothering me is that it's an issue that can't be nailed down to 1 or 2 causes, you mention cell phones good theory just that this issue is not happening to every slim owner is what makes it hard to say what the cause is. Some slim owners said this was a problem after they updated to 3.10 and it got fixed when they updated to 3.15 and others say it happened when they updated to 3.15 and some owners of the PS3 fat say the same thing. So at this point who knows whats causing this, hopefully Sony will address this issue soon.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I had a similar problem, my remote and controllers kept losing sync, so I sent it back to Sony as the bluetooth in the console was failing.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I had a similar problem, my remote and controllers kept losing sync, so I sent it back to Sony as the bluetooth in the console was failing.
So now the list stand at component failure, firmware issues, and controller issues.

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
couldn't get mine to connect at all to my slim last week. luckily, i had a back up controller (my harmony remote/harmony ps3 adapter) that allowed me to nav through the menu. i did a system update and no problem since.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
couldn't get mine to connect at all to my slim last week. luckily, i had a back up controller (my harmony remote/harmony ps3 adapter) that allowed me to nav through the menu. i did a system update and no problem since.
did you update from 3.10 to 3.15?

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
yeah, whichever is the latest build is what fixed it. don't know if the issue was addressed in the new build or if it was just coincidence, but no problems since.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
This is why I said in a few posts back that this issue is hard to nail down to 1 or 2 causes,it is possible that all these issues are a result of a QC issue just a theory since this issue is being caused by many factors.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Could be something interfering with the signal.

My old linksys router would go out every time my 2.4GHz phone rang. Switching to a 5.8GHz phone the problem went away. The 2.4GHz band can get crowded...

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
My PS3, older 80gb(?), has done this once last week. I ended up holding the PS3 button down for a few seconds and it connected. The only thing different from usual was I had switched controllers the day before (the one that didn't connect turned the system on and was the only one on at the time)

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
My PS3, older 80gb(?), has done this once last week. I ended up holding the PS3 button down for a few seconds and it connected. The only thing different from usual was I had switched controllers the day before (the one that didn't connect turned the system on and was the only one on at the time)
Which firmware update do you have?, it seems there have been some issues with 3.10 which is one of the causes of the controller not syncing up properly. if this is the case update to 3.15.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Which firmware update do you have?, it seems there have been some issues with 3.10 which is one of the causes of the controller not syncing up properly. if this is the case update to 3.15.
I recently updated to 3.15. I don't recall if the controller issue happened before or after the update.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
The reason I ask is because I had the same problem with my controllers but this was with 3.10 but after I updated to 3.15 it went away.

Nemo128

Nemo128

I never experienced this problem...

on my 360. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis