Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
I heard some vienna acoustics speakers at best buy magnolia today, they sounded beautiful. I have a very strong desire to own them now :D

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I heard some vienna acoustics speakers at best buy magnolia today, they sounded beautiful. I have a very strong desire to own them now :D
How dare you interrupt the women when they're trading recipes.;)

Talk guac...or walk.:p

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I love guacamole too. I should try and make some. You guys are all so very crafty in the kitchen.

I've heard those Viennas awhile back and was very impressed with them too. :D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I don't believe in transitions between paragraphs on the internet. Or prepositional phrases. ;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Adam,

That whole set up looks good. I'm diggin' the stainless everywhere. There hardly seems like enough food though. Was that like an appetizer? :D

EDIT: If that was all there was to eat, I'd be drinking too ... trying to forget that I'm starving.
Lean meat is much more filling and tastes better IMO. Something that size with lean meat might actually fill you up.

I always use 98/2 meat with pasta and half a pound is enough for 3 big guys.
The standard 80/20 requires 2 pounds. LOL.

I like the food Adam and that drink looks really good.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Ooops....
Sorry?
I was talking about my previous posts. I think my adhd comes through pretty quickly on the interwebs. You could be reading my post, finally getting a grasp on what I'm saying when WHAM I hit you will a completely unrelated topic only separated by a couple taps on the spacebar.

Fruit loops are tasty, but I haven't had any in decades.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Lean meat is much more filling and tastes better IMO. Something that size with lean meat might actually fill you up.

I always use 98/2 meat with pasta and half a pound is enough for 3 big guys.
The standard 80/20 requires 2 pounds. LOL.

I like the food Adam and that drink looks really good.
That is probably because lean meat doesn't lose as much liquid weight when the fat cooks off as a fatty meat does. Of course, a 98/2 hamburger would be terrible because it would be a dry puck. Fat is very important for flavor, I never use super lean meat. I might go 90/10, but that is pushing it for me.

"If you're afraid of butter, use cream."
— Julia Child

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Ahhh south florida winter role..... Phish playing 4 nights , Jam Cruise, Orange Bowl, Pro Bowl, Govt Mule and the SuperBowl.......

Last edited:
nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
That is probably because lean meat doesn't lose as much liquid weight when the fat cooks off as a fatty meat does. Of course, a 98/2 hamburger would be terrible because it would be a dry puck. Fat is very important for flavor, I never use super lean meat. I might go 90/10, but that is pushing it for me.

"If you're afraid of butter, use cream."
— Julia Child

Amen, fat is where it is at! The difference between a good steak and a great steak is higher fat continent…well unless we’re talking filet, but then again that’s why you add the bacon, also known as barding, for those of you planning on appearing on Jeopardy.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Amen, fat is where it is at! The difference between a good steak and a great steak is higher fat continent…well unless we’re talking filet, but then again that’s why you add the bacon, also known as barding, for those of you planning on appearing on Jeopardy.
Not just higher fat content in a steak, but the fat needs to be marbled throughout the muscle. We only buy grass-fed prime steaks (dry aged if possible, wet aging is a waste of time) in our household, more expensive, but we eat less splitting each steak and having a reasonable portion (something our meat centric culture has forgotten).

(Not my picture, just an example of a great steak.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis