Turn PS3 into a laptop

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Irritating people at coffee shops with big equipment has been done.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKEeHREK2nQ

AS for the laptop, that's a great idea, I just can't see needing one in my predicament, but when I was in college I would have loved to have that and just sit next to an outlet, and play some PS3 while I had an hour in between classes. Instead I just had this Alienware laptop and had to play regular computer games.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...while I had an hour in between classes. Instead I just had this Alienware laptop and had to play regular computer games.
I guess that I was old school. I looked at women. :D

(Yeah, I wish. I sat in an engineering building somewhere doing homework. :eek:)

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai

(Yeah, I wish. I sat in an engineering building somewhere doing homework. :eek:)
You guys need to multitask I had a hand on a controller and the other on some gir....wife just walked in:D

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic

I had a wife then too, and you didn't want to look at any of the women in the civic services dept.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
Ben Heck is a badass! :D
I found out he's from Madison not to long ago, I want to meet him, lol

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Ben Heck is a badass! :D
I found out he's from Madison not to long ago, I want to meet him, lol
I have to agree with you that Ben Heck is a bad-*** but he is not the only one doing mods to the PS3,there are guts out there doing water cooled PS3s adding led lights I have seen one guy put 360 hardware into a PS3 case. I think I should post some of these mods.I posted the water cooled slim video link there will be more to come Stay Tuned.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I want to see a mod where someone puts the ps3 components into the fat ps2 case. Then I will be impressed, becuase i liked the look of the old ps2 better.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I would like to see that as well,but I don't think the PS2 case is wide enough to hold the PS3 hardware without some hacking.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I'm sure some of the chipping of the motherboard can be split up and then wired to a 2 tier system. I think it would be possible. If some dude built it into a laptop, someone can put it in a ps2 case. Now a ps1 case, with the flip up disc tray... that would be even better....

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I'm sure some of the chipping of the motherboard can be split up and then wired to a 2 tier system. I think it would be possible. If some dude built it into a laptop, someone can put it in a ps2 case. Now a ps1 case, with the flip up disc tray... that would be even better....
With today's mass market tech I believe this would be quite impossible. You'd have to use even smaller processors and who knows else to try to fit it inside the PS1 grey unit.:eek:

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I would have to agree trying to install PS3 hardware into a PS1 case would be impossible, Now as for the PS2 case the 2 tier has potential but now you have to consider HDD placement also the there is the matter of fan placement due to fact the PS3 has a larger fan then the PS2.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Perhaps you can extend the casing back in a slight amount so that the overall shape is left behind but, just a little larger, I'm sure it could be done. The ultimate would be installing a ps3 into a gamecube case.:D Also there's a couple other cool things, one is a ps3 laptop with a keyboard in it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GThnicj7g

it seems like it'd be easy to do any of the LED mods as the top cover of the Ps3 fat console is actually almost clear, but you wouldn't know unless you took it apart.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I posted that same one,its cool, my favorite part is the xbox hitting the floor.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I still like the 360. The ps3 and 360 are very different beasts. 360 has a way better online functionality, and more free stuff, as well as more game selection, and the ps3 gives you all the multi-functionality of a Blu-Ray, Games, Media, etc... you really can't compare the two. Just because they share the same games sometimes, doesn't mean they're anything alike or comparable. I keep both a 360 and a Ps3. Ps3 is a PITA to play online and shuts down the internet all the time, and you definitly get what you pay for with online, and the 360 has way better co-op games to play with my wife, as well as both having a few system-only titles, like Metal Gear SOlid4, and Gears of War. Unfortunately you can't have it all in one...

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I don't like the 360 for a big reason I bought a 360 Pro 60GB when it first came out and I had nothing but problems with it, I had gone through a total of 5 consoles in less than 6 months due to RROD and overheating in 1 of them so they got 5 chances and failed. There are some who have gotten a console with no issues from Micro$oft. But because of my personal experience with the 360 I have written it off. Before that I owned a PS2 and Xbox and loved both but with the the current consoles I own a PS3 and a Wii. Not to say that if Micro$oft comes out with a new console that I wouldn't try it out have to wait and see.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I think I got lucky with my 360, I bought it in 2007 and it's been running fine ever since. Only issue I had was a single red light and they supposedly fixed the issue that caused the RROD while I had it in under warranty to fix both issues, and I have never experienced the RROD, luckily. Fingers crossed, ya know?

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I wished I had your experience with it. I posted a video in my other thread on the fan test for PS3 40GB also a video before that on how to take apart the PS3 slim check it out when you get a chance. Thread name How nuts do get cleaning your PS3.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I saw the fan test, I tried to do that to revive my YLOD ps3 but it didn't work. My fan gets pretty freaking loud, but not that loud fortunately.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis