I bought a ps3 for the family need cable for Non HDMI

J

jamie2112

Banned
I need a cable for my PS3 as my tv does not have hdmi inputs on it.All I have is a component video in.Of course I am going to run audio thru my AVR but does sony make just a component/audio cable for the PS3.....

J

jamie2112

Banned
Oh jeeze I ment video cable...the yellow one darn it.......:D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Did you get a cable, yet?
No my car is in the shop for another hour or so.I will be picking it up tonight....Now I need to go get some used ps3 games and I will be in buisness.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That cable should have come in the box. It came in the box with my 60G, but I'll have to check the 120G box because I already had my HDMI ready to go.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is their proprietary connector that fans out to a composite and R&W stereo. Should be in the box, so you are all set :)

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
Very Cool Jamie- Hope your family enjoys.

As others have stated the PS3 should come with a composite video (yellow), RCA left audio ( white) RCA right audio ( red).

The component will give you much better PQ. However, the PS3 set-up is best with HDMI ( I think that is a purchase cable same as component) so get a new TV :D as Adam suggested.

Also, if you are going to use the PS3 for DVDs and BDs it is better to get the optional controller that has some semblence to a "normal" DVD/BD controller.

Good Luck!

Forest Man

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
PS3 + Using Composite = Pointless. They wouldn't know the difference between PS3 and PS2 with that connection. Maybe you could get them a new TV along with the PS3. You can get 32" LCD HDTVs for about the same prices as a PS3.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis