Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer is on CBS right now. Holy cow! it's absolutely stunning in high-def. I've watched that many, many times since I was a kid. I can't believe my eyes.

EDIT: Well, the very opening scene was stunning. At the moment, it looks like it used to.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Are you watching the original, or the "Flight Before Christmas"? It does look stunning. I guess your TV schedule is behind me mine...

Its a Wonderful Life is on too, what a great Christmas movie. Its in standard definition- I won't be watching it...

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Just cornered a few Land Sharks. Trying to decide what movie to throw in. I just don't know. A few brewskis and I probably won't care. I just need to get past the first few minutes of something without changing my mind.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Trying to decide what movie to throw in. I just don't know. A few brewskis and I probably won't care. I just need to get past the first few minutes of something without changing my mind.
What are you in the mood for? I was wondering what I'm going to watch, as some friends and I just finished Terminator Salvation (definite crowd pleaser!). I want to watch another movie, lazy day/evening.

I was thinking of doing Godfather III, because my specific Godfather group finished the first two, but it's been a long time since then, and I think it will still be quite a while before the stars align. I was also thinking of putting in No Country For Old Men, it's been a while since my last viewing of it. Dunno really. I might go listen to stereo instead.

For you adwilk, hm, sometimes I recommend a few sleepers (or movies that don't seem to get much press). I like Mr. Brooks, and do not let the cast throw you off at all. PQ is top notch, and it's quite suspenseful. Only a very small handful of violent scenes, but a couple of them are very violent. Another that doesn't get much mention it seems, that I think is an excellent suspense (think corporate cloak and dagger), with superb cast, is Michael Clayton, though PQ is just average. Per usual with me, I was very impressed with Tom Wilkinson in particular, and Sydney Pollack also acts in it. Hm. Um. I know someone that plays an extra who says a couple of lines in this movie. Or it actually just might be one line. :p

Animations that don't get much mention, but I think are pretty fun are Surf's Up and Meet The Robinsons. The first is just worth it for the waves, they look sick, and the LFE (don't remember how massive) is pretty cool for when the largest waves smash. Oh yeah, they purposely made it look grainy for that "doc" look, and it's very successful in that regard. The latter is pretty wacky, and is fun if you're in the mood; excellent family material too.

Hmmm . . . Iono. . . an action movie that is pretty intense is Body of Lies. I haven't heard anyone talk about that one in a while. Dunno.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Planet Earth ... and these wicked good chocolates that Honey brought me.
She's the retired nurse but I like her name and she brings me sweets ... yes, it's love.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Oooohhhh.. Michael Clayton... Great flick... Threw in Catch me if you can.. Then switched to Aviator on BluRay. I didn't love Mr. Brooks, but its got some serious quality to it.

Thanks for the suggestions and way overly competent post in the boring thread, meat. :p

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just ordered Wallace & Gromit: The Complete Collection on blu-ray. Amazon (and others) have it for $12.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I just ordered Wallace & Gromit: The Complete Collection on blu-ray. Amazon (and others) have it for $12.
Wow, that is boring.:) I've never been able to sit through any of those.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have 8 days to work until Christmas...maybe nine if I get the Saturday. I'm looking forward to the time off. It's been a stressful year.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Perhaps you should try them in blu. :) Well, once you get a real TV. :p
Been eyeballing the 58" V10....Maybe...nothing is on sale at the moment and I'm ready to buy.:( Yes, the family room is ready for equipment.:cool:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have 8 days to work until Christmas...maybe nine if I get the Saturday. I'm looking forward to the time off. It's been a stressful year.
It sucks having to work don't it? We all can't be like Alex...:p

Enjoy your time off Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis