NIN: Beside You In Time DVD

KASR

KASR

Full Audioholic
I was able to snag this at a new and used movie/music shop and I gotta tell you that I'm glad I did! My DVD/HD/BR music collection is pretty skimpy as this addition DOUBLED my collection - LOL!! And while I do live my Rush: Live in Rio DVD, the sound engineering that went into the NIN DVD is pretty amazing! It's setup for surround sound, so there was no audio wrapping from a 2.0 signal - each channel has it's own purpose/job to do and the music really rang true. Since my only comparison (that I own) is the Rush DVD, I can tell you that vocals definitely came in alot clearer and while I realize that Rush's DVD capitalized on the crowds volume and energy, NIN's DVD focused on music/sound quality. Here are the specs for the DVD:

• 16:9 Aspect Ratio
  • 480i resolution (the A-20 up-converter actually shined here...I was VERY surprised.)
  • Available Audio formats: Dolby Digital 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 Surround (this is what I ran it at and it sounded simply great!)
  • Languages: English, on-screen lyrics available, full-closed caption
  • Alternate Angle: 3-songs, real-time switching
  • Menus: interactive menus
  • Bonuses: Music videos for The Hand That Feeds and Only are presented in standard definition, as they were originally filmed, with surround sound audio.
  • The three rehearsal videos are presented in standard definition, as they were originally filmed, with stereo audio only.
  • Image gallery is presented in full 1920x1080 resolution.

I highly recommend this DVD/HDDVD/Bluray for any NIN enthusiasts - a very good transfer and audio reference material for a live show!

Matt34

Matt34

Yup, I also have the BD version of it and it's out of control!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis