Really Boring Stuff Only II: Return of the Boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I hope that everything is going well with your recovery.
Thanks I'm getting there. I've been doing some decent workouts on my bike and I just had to help a carpet installer do the carpet in my theater and I was not too sore the next day.

Rick is rolling up the Twister mat and running to his car.
You should get on a plane. :D
I'll call my friend in the CIA and start the paperwork for a new identity.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I love my new pre-amp, but I'm also very sad at it.

It doesnt do DTS and while there aren't many DVD's that are exclusively DTS, there are lots of blurays that way. It will decode the DD HD blurays, but I had to watch Quantum of Solace in PRO LOGIC. WTF? Buzzkill, couldnt even watch it.

It also doesnt have multichannel inputs. I'm officially in the market for a new pre-amp.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You're lucky, Craig... Start drinking the more expensive stuff... the bottom line is the same... I had to switch to natty ice to keep my budget in tact...
I'm getting a good bottle on Monday for some computer work I did for a friend. Now it may last more than a week.:eek::D

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I love my new pre-amp, but I'm also very sad at it.

It doesnt do DTS and while there aren't many DVD's that are exclusively DTS, there are lots of blurays that way. It will decode the DD HD blurays, but I had to watch Quantum of Solace in PRO LOGIC. WTF? Buzzkill, couldnt even watch it.

It also doesnt have multichannel inputs. I'm officially in the market for a new pre-amp.
What did you get? If things go well I may be letting my 885 go in a month or so.

There's a good joke in there, but I think that I need Alex or The Deuce to find it.
Geesh I can't say anything around here.....;)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Well the wife wants some attention so I gotta go.

I wonder if I'll get lucky.:rolleyes:

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
What did you get? If things go well I may be letting my 885 go in a month or so.
Well, I acquired a carver amp a little while back and my current receiver had no pre-outs.. it was killing me. I found an older marantz av550 for a freakin steal and went ahead and bought it just to have something until i decided what I really wanted. I can wait a month or so... I think... :eek:

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Maybe SACDs just sound strange when they spin that slow.
Busted. I clicked on the Vinyl version link instead of the SACD link. The vinyl, btw, is $50 while the SACD is only $30.

Ya know, there was a lot of wood laid in my house when we first moved in...I was never sore and never broke a sweat :eek:

-pat

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How do you prepare that?
I have McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal. It cooks in water on the stovetop. Just bring the water to a boil, add the oatmeal, stir, then let it simmer. I eat with agave nectar or maple syrup on it.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks I'm getting there. I've been doing some decent workouts on my bike and I just had to help a carpet installer do the carpet in my theater and I was not too sore the next day.

Last edited by a moderator:
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I have McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal. It cooks in water on the stovetop. Just bring the water to a boil, add the oatmeal, stir, then let it simmer. I eat with agave nectar or maple syrup on it.
I might have to give that a try...I have some steel cut oats around here somewhere...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just ordered Star Trek (original) Season 2 on blu-ray. Some of my favorite episodes are from that season ("The Trouble with Tribbles", "A Piece of the Action", and "Assignment Earth").

If I get tired of it, I can always get my parents a blu-ray player and give them to my dad. He really likes that show.

J

jamie2112

Banned
My daughter is having a sleepover tonight with 2 girls:eek::eek::eek: its not going to be boring here tonight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis