ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Before he gets on here and tells the good news, I want to steal is thunder and let him know that he is dead to me.;)

That lucky little rat bastard just bought my dream speakers.

I will likely catch a flight out tonight, break into his house and poke a hole in one of his woofers and maybe even smash a tweeter.....:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
The Sig 8's ?!? :eek: That bastard !!! :D I almost heard a pair once. :mad:

PD, he doesn't deserve them, you do. I hear they don't sound that good anyways. :rolleyes:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, I hear they don't sound that good either but I can't figure out why I had tears in my eyes, both times, I listened to them and why I was willing to rob a 7-11 in order to buy them right then....
The Sig 8's ?!? :eek: That bastard !!! :D I almost heard a pair once. :mad:

PD, he doesn't deserve them, you do. I hear they don't sound that good anyways. :rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yep, I hear they don't sound that good either but I can't figure out why I had tears in my eyes, both times, I listened to them and why I was willing to rob a 7-11 in order to buy them right then....
I wept openly when I heard what they cost. :D

They look gay, too. :)

How did you know he got them? Good stalking! :cool:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, they are so ugly:rolleyes:

I installed a video camera in his house once.
I wept openly when I heard what they cost. :D

They look gay, too. :)

How did you know he got them? Good stalking! :cool:

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I will likely catch a flight out tonight, break into his house and poke a hole in one of his woofers and maybe even smash a tweeter.....:D
Dawg, while you're at it, would please execute a territorial pissing on his Anthem pre/pro on my behalf?

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it! :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
For the same money you can have these. These do sound good, really good!

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Before he gets on here and tells the good news, I want to steal is thunder and let him know that he is dead to me.;)

That lucky little rat bastard just bought my dream speakers.

Don't bother with the flight up. By the time you get there I'll there and gone, as well as the speakers. He's less than 2 hours away from me.

I've heard them, Garbage, abolute garbage. ;)

Seriously, I heard those up against some B&W 802s (not in the same room:eek:) and the 802s IMO didn't even come close.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Ninja
I'm still pissed that earlier this week, I missed on Craigslist, through my own fault (I was first and could have had them) a pair of B&W CM4s and CDM center for $250.

I feel your pain.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

Actually Paradigm Dawg and I heard a pair of these (B&W 804's) and they sounded very nice. I think the list was ~$3,500 but the sale price was ~$2,750. Dawg, that sound right? I thought the list on the Sig 8's was ~$5,400.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Actually Paradigm Dawg and I heard a pair of these (B&W 804's) and they sounded very nice. I think the list was ~$3,500 but the sale price was ~$2,750. Dawg, that sound right? I thought the list on the Sig 8's was ~$5,400.
Those are the 803S B & W speakers. They list at $4,500 per pair. In these hard times however dealer may well be willing to cut a deal. The real strength of the 800 range is the Kevlar mid range driver. It is sensibly crossed over at 350 Hz and 4 kHz. You really don't want to cross a passive speaker over any lower than that. In my view if you do, you need to design an active speaker.

The bandwidth of that driver allows it to handle the speech discrimination band.

To get the diamond tweeter you need to move up to the 803D. They are $9000 per pair.

I really like the the 802 D, however customers have to put up $14,000 for those and around 20K for the 800D which has more bass extension. The 802D and 800D sound very similar.

I'm most familiar with the 800 D as my good friend Phil Marin has a set.

They are really good speakers, and throw a very believable sound stage. They are the best commercial speaker I have heard to date. I have heard more expensive ones.

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Those are the 803S B & W speakers.
When I quoted that image it came up as the BW804S but I'll take your word for it and thanks for the info on the other gear that peasant Warp couldn't afford. :p :D

Kidding of course. I'm just happy to be developing an awareness of these wonders. :)

Edit: That last pic is making me feel really strange. I think it's awe.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

When I quoted that image it came up as the BW804S but I'll take your word for it and thanks for the info on the other gear that peasant Warp couldn't afford. :p :D

Kidding of course. I'm just happy to be developing an awareness of these wonders. :)

Edit: That last pic is making me feel really strange. I think it's awe.
This is the 800 range.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, we listened to the 804s.

I thought Warp would reveal his new toys by now.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I had to settle for v2 Signatures :rolleyes: Version 3 are more than I could swing. My local dealer just started carrying B&W's. I might have to listen just for the fun of it.

Matt34

Matt34

I had to settle for v2 Signatures :rolleyes: Version 3 are more than I could swing. My local dealer just started carrying B&W's. I might have to listen just for the fun of it.
Such a tragic sacrifice, I hope you can pull through.:p

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I was supposed to buy some gear from him a while back....maybe I will have to swing over and check out the new Digms....:)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
WOW guys.... :) Guees I haven't been in the steam vent for a while.... :(

Well, your gunna hate me even more....

Here is a pic of when I got them at the dealer, my dealer doesn't even carry them but I wanted to give him some business and he gave me a decent price.

I got the Sig S8 .v3 new and the C5 and S2's .v2 off of audiogon... for a really really good price.

So far I seriously love them, they are fantastic, even though my room is a compromise they still sound amazing. I haven't put the C5 in place just yet, when I got it one of the mids was messed up, but turns out the seller was a dealer and is taking care of it for me, just waiting for the driver to show up and I can re-run ARC on the D2v, I'm sure things will only get better sounding from there...

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja

As you can see my dealer carries the whole line, and we had a chance to do some comparing, 802D's speak for themselves, 803Ds were very good, but I still preferred the S8's.... the Be tweeter is fantastic - the imaging and room dispersal was absolutely spectacular in that room, but the depth and width of the sound stage was really of the best I have ever heard. Very very smooth and balanced. The build quality of the cabinets is great, obviously not as nice or heavy as the 802D's, but I think they are gorgeous.

My room isn't nearly as nice as the dealers large area and is a big compromise in terms of SQ in comparison.

Here are some pics of them in my room, with one of the 18" LMS's shown... :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For the record, I also hate Warp, now.

:D

Those B&Ws are nice looking. I think that I'd have to go with at least the 802Ds, though, because I like the look of the sphere on top. $14K, though? Woah.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis