Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
I love playing the Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, but I think this one will be a lot better.

Multiplayer AC130

Multiplayer

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Modern Warfare was pretty damn good. Granted, it's the only COD I've played, but I don't see how they can make it much better, other than to make it longer. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
IMO, COD4 was weak, at least the single player. The game itself is one of the best FPSs ever though, and multiplayer is the real reason why you want it :) The new one will be better for sure, based on everything I've seen and read about it. They mainly just tweaked a few things from COD4 without chaning it up too much and I think that was the right thing to do. The graphics seem to be imrproved as well.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
IMO, COD4 was weak, at least the single player.
I will have to strongly disagree with you on this. I thought it was one of the best first person campaigns of this generation. Playing the campaign on veteran difficulty also offered a very tough challenge and made you earn beating the game. Very high quality single player IMO that offered plenty of "wow" factor.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
First time I've ever heard that.

I'll be picking up MW2 for PC, a week after it's release on the consoles.
The story was interesting, but IMO, it got boring way too fast for me. The mechanics are great but I wasn't engrossed in it. Multilpayer is where this game shines. Dying a million times isn't quite the same thing as "earning" it.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I loved COD4 and can't wait to get MW2, hopefully it will be better.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Will this have a co-op campaign, and how is the story expected to be?
The story picks up literally right after the end of the last game. The "opening" you create in the first game gives rise to a new and more dangerous threat. I don't recall hearing about a co-op campaign mode.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The story was interesting, but IMO, it got boring way too fast for me. The mechanics are great but I wasn't engrossed in it. Multilpayer is where this game shines. Dying a million times isn't quite the same thing as "earning" it.
I'm of the opposite mind. I really liked the one-player game, but playing online tends to be an exercise in futility for me. I don't play FPS's so I'm not good at them. I just tend to get my *** kicked when I play online.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe it is just me, but basically I would just try different strategies until I got past a section, and there was no real rhyme or reason sometimes when you would get past a section or not. Defeating the game didn't give me that satisfaction level. It does give you that feeling that you are right there in the action, but it didn't quite deliver the satisfaction that I had accomplished something for me. I think my favorite section was being in the flying fortress nailing guys with the big guns :)

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe it is just me, but basically I would just try different strategies until I got past a section, and there was no real rhyme or reason sometimes when you would get past a section or not. Defeating the game didn't give me that satisfaction level. It does give you that feeling that you are right there in the action, but it didn't quite deliver the satisfaction that I had accomplished something for me. I think my favorite section was being in the flying fortress nailing guys with the big guns :)
I would argue there is real strategy involved to beat the game on Veteran. First of all you cannot stay in one position because the enemies infinitely respawn and you will just sit there killing guys for hours and not advance one bet. I would strategize my exact moves to get through parts. Kill the guy to the left, rush in, throw a grenade, blow those 2 guys up, go right and hide behind the crate, snipe the guy in head walking by without alarming the other enemies, rush into the next room throw a grenade, machine gun them down etc etc. When I played on veteran there was a definite rhyme and reason for each of my actions. I found it very satisfying when I beat it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I would argue there is real strategy involved to beat the game on Veteran. First of all you cannot stay in one position because the enemies infinitely respawn and you will just sit there killing guys for hours and not advance one bet. I would strategize my exact moves to get through parts. Kill the guy to the left, rush in, throw a grenade, blow those 2 guys up, go right and hide behind the crate, snipe the guy in head walking by without alarming the other enemies, rush into the next room throw a grenade, machine gun them down etc etc. When I played on veteran there was a definite rhyme and reason for each of my actions. I found it very satisfying when I beat it.
That's what I DIDN'T like about it. At times it came down to trial and error, until you find the right combination of things to do and that isn't what a good action game is about to me, that is "die and try". However once in a while I would just run around away from the action, flank and kill everyone and that worked as good as any detailed cover and strike plan. No real strategy. You are also basically funneled into doing exactly what you need to and there are no other options, like many FPSs. I'm not saying I didn't like the game, because I had exactly the same issues with Killzone2.

N

NakaMitch

Audioholic Intern
can't believe how far gaming graphics have come these days. :):eek:

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
The Christian Science Monitor has taken issue with the shocking imagery of the "Infamy" trailer for Modern Warfare 2, suggesting that the events depicted in the video and the game might be going too far.

(If you haven't seen the video and want your Modern Warfare 2 experience to be completely unspoiled, you may want to stop reading now. Consider yourself warned.)http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95279-Modern-Warfare-2-Trailer-Criticized-For-Going-Too-Far#
Bahahaha

How are Christian and Science in the same name?

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
It appears as though the pc version isn't going to have dedicated servers.

Well, I'm not getting in that case.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
Yah, the internet basically exploded over this.

It was the only game I was looking forward too :(

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
No dedicated servers? WTF??!! Why would they go in such an insane direction with this game? Every other COD game on PC has dedicated server support. I just fired up the original COD/UO expansion the other day for the first time in a long time to have some good old fashioned WWII fun and there are still quite a few dedicated servers running. It probably won't keep me from buying it but I'll just hold out hope that they will add it in the future. I signed the petition.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis