Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got the enterprise RTM of Windows 7 Professional from the ME department thanks to their excellent partnership with MS for $0. Time to try it out, after I make an image of this here HDD. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got the enterprise RTM of Windows 7 Professional from the ME department thanks to their excellent partnership with MS for $0. Time to try it out, after I make an image of this here HDD. :)
Isn't this the same department that stopped paying you? Well, there's your payment - a free OS! :p

strube

strube

Isn't this the same department that stopped paying you? Well, there's your payment - a free OS! :p
Yeah I said basically the same thing :). Actually this just made up for the $310 that I paid for the summer credit that I should not have registered for because of my lack of funding, which nobody informed me of until after the summer session was over (I actually jumped through a bunch of hoops and got the credit dropped, but then I tried to get a refund to no avail). It is hard to make up for 7 months of no pay with one OS. :p

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just as a reference, I checked and have about 70 BD movies :)eek: didn't know I had near that many) and the only one that I have that is in 7.1 is 3:10 to Yuma.

The 663 might be able to matrix 5.1 audio up to 7.1, but since I have always had 5.1 systems I have never really known about that kind of feature.
I don't think the 663 will do that which is why Jostenmeat doesn't like them IIRC. I do know that they won't do something and he won't have one on account of it ... aside from the Audessy business that he's in love with. So much for consise coherent posting.

I'll rent 3:10 to Yuma next.

I should be getting a new steamer ...(no, not from Cleveland).
Why can't I think of anything hilarious to add to this? :confused:

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Our new car, picked it up this week :cool:

We really wanted this one but it's too bl... expensive:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I promised pics of my Ranger's audio install but it's not ready for prime time yet. Just for the heck of it, I'll give up some details. To start, you should know that if you get a regular cab Ranger, Ford will not build it with many options. For one thing, you cannot get power windows, locks and mirrors in a regular cab Ranger. I have done the following:

I had a local shop install a remote starter/alarm then add solenoids to the door locks so I now have power locks with keyless entry which was not available from the factory.

I had them intall an Alpine CDA-105 head unit and the Bluetooth adapter for hands free calling. I put the JL Audio speakers I had from my previous car in as well. The sub was supposed to be an 10" Alpine unit in a custom box and an Alpine MRP-M500 was installed. At the last minute, a Kicker 10" CVT in a kicker box was substituted. Yesterday, I decided to have some component tweeters installed to create some sort of sound stage that doesn't come from my knee area. I'm also upgrading the amp to an Alpine PDX-5.

Overall, I'm not overly impressed with the Kicker sub and I will be looking for shallow mounting sub drivers soon and maybe some advice for box building in the limited space that a regular cab ranger provides. I drove the thing for about a week and I'm not ready to declare the system finished. This is going to be Disco-wife's daily driver so I have to keep working at it until she's happy with the result. She is currently shopping for new wheels to replace the stock steelies.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Boy, that kicks the crap out of my little Ranger. Congratulations.:)
Thx!

It runs like a scalded cat :eek:
Small engine according to US standards, but big enough for us.....

And it's not mine, but my girlfriend's :cool:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thx!

It runs like a scalded cat :eek:
Small engine according to US standards, but big enough for us.....

And it's not mine, but my girlfriend's :cool:
Dare I ask, what percentage was the tax rate on that baby?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Dare I ask, what percentage was the tax rate on that baby?
Don't even ask, but taxes are much more than cost of car around here :eek::eek::eek:
Well, it's not new, but a 2007 model, the new ones are just way too expensive

strube

strube

I promised pics of my Ranger's audio install but it's not ready for prime time yet. Just for the heck of it, I'll give up some details. To start, you should know that if you get a regular cab Ranger, Ford will not build it with many options. For one thing, you cannot get power windows, locks and mirrors in a regular cab Ranger. I have done the following:

I had a local shop install a remote starter/alarm then add solenoids to the door locks so I now have power locks with keyless entry which was not available from the factory.

I had them intall an Alpine CDA-105 head unit and the Bluetooth adapter for hands free calling. I put the JL Audio speakers I had from my previous car in as well. The sub was supposed to be an 10" Alpine unit in a custom box and an Alpine MRP-M500 was installed. At the last minute, a Kicker 10" CVT in a kicker box was substituted. Yesterday, I decided to have some component tweeters installed to create some sort of sound stage that doesn't come from my knee area. I'm also upgrading the amp to an Alpine PDX-5.

Overall, I'm not overly impressed with the Kicker sub and I will be looking for shallow mounting sub drivers soon and maybe some advice for box building in the limited space that a regular cab ranger provides. I drove the thing for about a week and I'm not ready to declare the system finished. This is going to be Disco-wife's daily driver so I have to keep working at it until she's happy with the result. She is currently shopping for new wheels to replace the stock steelies.
Sounds like fun. I always enjoy tweaking with car electronics, except for removing door panels - not a huge fan of that. :)

I know there are some very cool behind-the-back-seat DIY sub setups for my Sport Trac (I got a special edition of it with a factory 500W Pioneer system with a decent sub that I am very happy with after I changed the head unit and put in a rear view camera, so I haven't done anything sub-wise), so I am sure there are some for the Ranger, because there actually isn't too much difference between the two. I get all my information on mysporttrac.com, which is a forum dedicated to the thing. Honestly, those forums may be sufficient to find a decent box build for a Ranger, but if not, I am certain that there is a similar forum for Rangers, which has similarly excellent information on custom sub setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis