Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
At least you don't have fire ants

I logged on tonight simply to report that I found another scorpion on my carpet. That makes four. Maybe I should get a flame thrower and start looking for the queen.

"They mostly come out at night...mostly."

When you live in a desert you get scorpions, when you live in Texas you get fire ants. --- I like Phoenix and scorpions better ;)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
When you live in a desert you get scorpions, when you live in Texas you get fire ants. --- I like Phoenix and scorpions better ;)
I prefer fire ants myself. I've encountered both. Fire Ants are nasty boogers, but they have really nasty ants in Arizona too.:)

In the woods snakes become your main source of aggravation.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I worked out this morning. I feel great and energized. It's Ironic that exercise brings energy, but I know I've needed it for a while.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm pretty sure that Niki and I have come across fire ants on our walks. So, scorpions, fire ants, and snakes...oh, my.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I'm pretty sure that Niki and I have come across fire ants on our walks. So, scorpions, fire ants, and snakes...oh, my.
Scorpions, ants, and snakes are no fun but its the horny monkeys you have to worry about....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Scorpions, ants, and snakes are no fun but its the horny monkeys you have to worry about....
Heck, I rely on the scorpions, ants, and snakes to keep the horny monkeys at bay. Well, that and mismatched clothing. They hate that.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai

This monkey became enraged at the site of someone wearing a plaid shirt with striped pants, and bit its own nose off and ripped the scalp off of an ewok.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This monkey became enraged at the site of someone wearing a plaid shirt with striped pants, and bit its own nose off and ripped the scalp off of an ewok.
Poor little ewok. To come so far...what with winning the battle against the Empire and all...only to have this happen. Stupid humans and their lack of fashion sense.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Heck, I rely on the scorpions, ants, and snakes to keep the horny monkeys at bay. Well, that and mismatched clothing. They hate that.
Not to mention speed traps. And cops that ticket for 2 miles over. :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I rented 2 Blu-rays. 21 and State of Play. They have the fancy audio on them. I'm gonna see how it sounds for the first time ever and I'm gonna see if this system that I set up in December does what it's suppose to. I forgot everything I ever knew about the PS3 and the Yammy 663.

Wish me luck.:)

Edit: Is this suppose to be in 7.1?

Last edited:
vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
I logged on tonight simply to report that I found another scorpion on my carpet. That makes four. Maybe I should get a flame thrower and start looking for the queen.

"They mostly come out at night...mostly."
sorry about your scorpion problem adam:eek: I am sure glad i live far away from anything like that:cool: I would have nightmares everynight thinking they where in my bed. Looks like its time for a expert to check out your problem.

good luck with that

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I rented 2 Blu-rays. 21 and State of Play. They have the fancy audio on them. I'm gonna see how it sounds for the first time ever and I'm gonna see if this system that I set up in December does what it's suppose to. I forgot everything I ever knew about the PS3 and the Yammy 663.

Nope, both should be 5.1.

State of Play (just watched it - great movie IMO - good choice) is DTS-HD MA 5.1, and 21 is Dolby TrueHD 5.1.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
sorry about your scorpion problem adam:eek: I am sure glad i live far away from anything like that:cool: I would have nightmares everynight thinking they where in my bed. Looks like its time for a expert to check out your problem.

good luck with that
I appreciate it, Paul!

BTW, imagine how I feel - seeing as how I sleep on the floor (where I'm finding them). :eek: :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I appreciate it, Paul!

BTW, imagine how I feel - seeing as how I sleep on the floor (where I'm finding them). :eek: :D
Captain obvious says stop sleeping on the floor and check your shoes before you stick your feets in them.

strube

strube

Just as a reference, I checked and have about 70 BD movies :)eek: didn't know I had near that many) and the only one that I have that is in 7.1 is 3:10 to Yuma.

The 663 might be able to matrix 5.1 audio up to 7.1, but since I have always had 5.1 systems I have never really known about that kind of feature.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Captain obvious says stop sleeping on the floor and check your shoes before you stick your feets in them.
Woed. I've been knocking stuff out of my shoes for years, so no worries there. I almost slept in the chair last night, but the floor was oh so compelling.

strube

strube

I cut a hole in a wall in this office room and drilled up into the wall from the basement, which was a big pain in the a$$ because a sewer pipe was in the way, which I couldn't drill through due to fear of falling turds, but I sure did want to :mad::D. I finally got it though, and only ruined one bit extension to my drill :rolleyes:.

I am going to run the 25' HDMI cable that I should get from Monoprice tomorrow down to the HT so I can do all the fun, internety things down there. I was going to run it from my HTPC under the TV upstairs, but it is right next to the stairwell so it is damned near impossible. I can't buy new wireless stuff for this machine so I will just have to move my wireless keyboard and mouse back and forth between office PC and HTPC when necessary.

Fortunately, the ceiling under this office room has no drywall, so it will be an easy run.

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I think I posted too much audio crap today.... I feel much more at home here... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis