j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
We pretty much knew that is what it would look like when Sony sent the cease and desist order to stop showing those pictures. Good to see that it is cheaper, but it doesn't look all that much smaller. If it truly is quieter, that would probably make some people happy. Saw this earlier on Giz.

M

mudrummer99

Senior Audioholic
I wonder if this is going to prompt Microsoft to drop their prices as well. Hmm...can't wait to see what happens.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Finally I will be getting a PS3.................nice,I saw this today....

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
The only way I would consider getting the new slim model is if it is capable of bitstreaming the lossless codecs.

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
to each their own, but I think the original version looks better. shiny ftw :D

B

bombarde32

Audioholic
Now if it only had games to play... :)

Amen! I bought the PS3 over a stand alone blu-ray because I wanted access to the new Final Fantasy games. Then Microsoft goes announces they are releasing the next title as well.

I just don't understand how Sony can go from world domination (PS2) to crap in one R&D cycle. And then, even worse, they cut out the backward compatibility. D'oh! :mad:

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I just don't understand how Sony can go from world domination (PS2) to crap in one R&D cycle.
Arrogance. And treating their customers like crap. The only company that can get away with that is Apple. And Ken Kutaragi is no Steve Jobs.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Arrogance. And treating their customers like crap. The only company that can get away with that is Apple. And Ken Kutaragi is no Steve Jobs.
I agree, Sony was very arrogant in the R & D stage. Despite much feedback from game developers hesitance towards the cell processor, Sony basically ignored them. Remember the developers are the ones that make the console good, bad or mediocre based on the quality of the games. The PS3 is far from crap, quite opposite in fact but the PS3 has definetly not turned out as good as it could have been considering all the hype. It has set Sony back somewhat.

vizionut

vizionut

Audioholic General
been waiting for this news for a couple of years now:D I allready have the money saved up.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The only way I would consider getting the new slim model is if it is capable of bitstreaming the lossless codecs.
It would seem from the description that it might. They list the codecs individually in the same list with 7.1 lpcm. I realize that might just mean it can decode all of those. Cross your fingers.

P

pacers721

Audiophyte
hmm, portability has never been that big of an issue with me and consoles

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis