how many peeps put TV on top of center speaker?

S

smooth2222

Junior Audioholic
how many peeps put TV on top of center speaker?

can anyone post some pictures? or will it look incredible stupid? and will it do any harm to a 65inch lcd tv?

paradigm cc-390 is the center speaker i'm looking at. nowere else to put. tv would have to go on top of it?

alexsabree

alexsabree

Junior Audioholic
Wait.. Let me get this straight.

You are asking whether or not it is OK to put a huge arse TV on top of a speaker? :eek:
I know its a big speaker and all.. but its still a speaker none-the-less. I think the better solution would be to get a TV stand? :D

S

smooth2222

Junior Audioholic
center speaker is 39 inches long, no were to put it on the tv stand, so was just thinking of putting the tv on top of it, tv only weights 120lbs

S

sptrout

Audioholic
So, are you thinking about putting the speaker on the floor? If so, I think the AQ will suffer considerably. The speaker should be at ear level, or at least pointed up or down so the audio is on track to be at ear level by the time it reaches your main listening area.

Sounds like a bad idea to me, but sometimes if you have no other choice on speaker locations, you have to do what you have to do.

O

oppman99

Senior Audioholic
I've seen/heard a 42" TV placed on top of a center and it worked fine, but nothing as big as 65". I know a couple people on the forum have built a stand (which sits on the TV stand) to go over the center channel and put the TV on top of it. Also seems to work fine. Are these ideal solution? Probably not, but they can work.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I did it for one day on my center, but my center also uses 1" thick MDF and extreme bracing. It only sat there because I had to install the wall bracket. If it was a smaller display, I wouldn't see a problem with it, but for that one, I wouldn't do it.

R

redass

Junior Audioholic
would you be ok if a big child / small teenager was sitting on your speaker? I wouldn't be happy if I saw such a sight. I would throw a fit. :mad:

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
Sounds a bit crazy. No way in hell would I do it. If you do decide to go this route then please post a photo.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Seems possible, but I wonder what effect it may have on SQ? It seems it would adversely affect the box resonance.

S

smooth2222

Junior Audioholic
So, are you thinking about putting the speaker on the floor? If so, I think the AQ will suffer considerably. The speaker should be at ear level, or at least pointed up or down so the audio is on track to be at ear level by the time it reaches your main listening area.

Sounds like a bad idea to me, but sometimes if you have no other choice on speaker locations, you have to do what you have to do.
would be a tv stand, then speaker, then tv

S

smooth2222

Junior Audioholic
I've seen/heard a 42" TV placed on top of a center and it worked fine, but nothing as big as 65". I know a couple people on the forum have built a stand (which sits on the TV stand) to go over the center channel and put the TV on top of it. Also seems to work fine. Are these ideal solution? Probably not, but they can work.
that sounds like a pretty good idea.

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
I wouldn't do it personally. It doesn't seam like a good idea for a number of reasons.

Why not just wall mount the TV? Good quality wall mounts can be had for like $50 these days. Here is my setup with my old 52" wall mounted over my Paradigm Premier 600C...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have three identical speakers in the front and my 50 inch TV is on top at 35 inches from the floor.
DSCF1437(red.).jpg

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I wall mounted mine too.

I also noticed... that this thread is 11 years old and I doubt op even remembers this forum, lol.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I wall mounted mine too.

I also noticed... that this thread is 11 years old and I doubt op even remembers this forum, lol.
Sweet! responding to an 11 year old thread. That makes me 35yo!!!!! Yay

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't do it personally. It doesn't seam like a good idea for a number of reasons.

Why not just wall mount the TV? Good quality wall mounts can be had for like $50 these days. Here is my setup with my old 52" wall mounted over my Paradigm Premier 600C...

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk, ad remains to annoy others
So just what are the "number of reasons"?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis