Car modding/projects thread!

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Come on bud. What's this about. We're having a nice peaceful convo, even when opinions differ, and you gotta throw out the beef. The only time I like beef is on a bun, on the grill, or with broccoli. :D
I kinda feel the same way as Darien. I'm glad he said it so I wouldn't have to.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Come on bud. What's this about. We're having a nice peaceful convo, even when opinions differ, and you gotta throw out the beef. The only time I like beef is on a bun, on the grill, or with broccoli. :D
LOL

When I first read that, I was like, "Gross. Who the hell would put broccoli on a hamburger??"

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I kinda feel the same way as Darien. I'm glad he said it so I wouldn't have to.
I said it was my personal opinion. As far as re-sale and long term stability within the companies, it just makes sense to buy an import.

If this offends you because you either work for a domestic company, or bought a domestic car, you should a second and look back at this. Do you feel bad for buying the car/working for the company? No? Then why are you upset? The fact that your retort contains the phrase "rice boys" (this is to Darien) means you're stretched for reasons, and are trying to justify your opinion with dreck.

Darien, if I'm on your ignore list, why can you read my posts? It doesn't mean anything if you continually take me off, and put me back up.

Unfortunaley Nemo, I don't think any thread on this forum can STAY peaceful as long as people disagree. Every side needs to win over the other side. People read into the posts tone that isn't there.

SheepStar

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Unfortunaley Nemo, I don't think any thread on this forum can STAY peaceful as long as people disagree. Every side needs to win over the other side. People read into the posts tone that isn't there.
I didn't agree with you either, but I find it more meaningful to learn the reasons for your feelings than criticize and insult you. :)

There are some domestics I really appreciate and like, but for the most part the Big 3 have disappointed me for years. To me, a large source of that failure is the ridiculous brand redundancy that GM in particular has buried themselves in.

I do currently think Ford is the best and puts in the work to ensure a diverse, market-friendly line of great vehicles. Unfortunately right now, no company makes a car for me.

Darien, broccoli burger... I'll take a crack at that and let ya know how it turns out. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't agree with you either, but I find it more meaningful to learn the reasons for your feelings than criticize and insult you. :)

There are some domestics I really appreciate and like, but for the most part the Big 3 have disappointed me for years. To me, a large source of that failure is the ridiculous brand redundancy that GM in particular has buried themselves in.

I do currently think Ford is the best and puts in the work to ensure a diverse, market-friendly line of great vehicles. Unfortunately right now, no company makes a car for me.

Darien, broccoli burger... I'll take a crack at that and let ya know how it turns out. :D

I agree. If I had to buy a domestic, it'd be a Ford. Best selection of hybrids (if that's what you're into..), best trucks (if they get a Cummin's it's all over), and they are also the largest in Europe by a large margin. The new Focus RS is sick, but when you get to those HP levels, you can't really use it in a FWD car. However, none of them are a safe choice for a consumer, considering the competition. If you want to base your decision on pride, or loyalty, go right ahead. That doesn't make it right.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

...best trucks (if they get a Cummin's it's all over)...
SheepStar
There is a reason the old 6.0L powerstroke nickname was six oh-no ranging from the unreliable variable-vane turbocharger solenoid, EGR valve carbon deposit clogging/sticking, defective Exhaust Pressure (EP) sensor/connector, numerous PCM (Powetrain Control Module) recalibrations, fuel injector harness chafing/crushing, etc. It's too early to tell how the big three's new diesels will hold up. I know the new mandated emission controls are causing some issues in all of them (like destroying both the turbos in the powerstrokes due to the DPF clogging up) not to mention killing the MPG.

All said, there were plenty of reasons I went with an import truck over anything the Big three had to offer.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
There is a reason the old 6.0L powerstroke nickname was six oh-no ranging from the unreliable variable-vane turbocharger solenoid, EGR valve carbon deposit clogging/sticking, defective Exhaust Pressure (EP) sensor/connector, numerous PCM (Powetrain Control Module) recalibrations, fuel injector harness chafing/crushing, etc. It's too early to tell how the big three's new diesels will hold up. I know the new mandated emission controls are causing some issues in all of them (like destroying both the turbos in the powerstrokes due to the DPF clogging up) not to mention killing the MPG.

All said, there were plenty of reasons I went with an import truck over anything the Big three had to offer.
Yeah, but when you need a big truck, your last resort right now is the Tundra if you stay Import. It's a good truck, same with the Titan, but when you need REAL power, you need a big diesel.

In a perfect world it would be...

Ford Chassis, Dodge Engine, Chevrolet Transmission. THAT, would be a truck. Make it look mean as hell and call it a day.

SheepStar

Nemo128

Nemo128

So after much deliberation, I decided the only car for me is the BMW 135i. And I was all psyched about it, e-mailing the woman back and forth talking about all the goodness. She was going for it, very enthusiastic about the idea (not nearly as much as me), and I thought I might be behind the wheel of a new car soon.

I bought a 2006 Acura RSX-S last September to replace my 2003 RSX-S. The 06 got stolen November 21st (the day I was getting bout $2k worth of security put in and 4 days before my bday) and I replaced it with another 06 the following month. The second 06 is now about 8 months old for me. I'm bored. I drive fast. Admittedly too fast. I regularly hit 120 on my way to work or pretty much anywhere, and the car is completely stock. But I want more oomph...

Anyway, I e-mail her:

"Bah. We only live once. Let’s buy the 135i. =P"

She replies:

"House first. =)"

DAMNIT! I thought I was so close!!! ARGH!!!

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
So after much deliberation, I decided the only car for me is the BMW 135i. And I was all psyched about it, e-mailing the woman back and forth talking about all the goodness. She was going for it, very enthusiastic about the idea (not nearly as much as me), and I thought I might be behind the wheel of a new car soon.

I bought a 2006 Acura RSX-S last September to replace my 2003 RSX-S. The 06 got stolen November 21st (the day I was getting bout $2k worth of security put in and 4 days before my bday) and I replaced it with another 06 the following month. The second 06 is now about 8 months old for me. I'm bored. I drive fast. Admittedly too fast. I regularly hit 120 on my way to work or pretty much anywhere, and the car is completely stock. But I want more oomph...

Anyway, I e-mail her:

She replies:

"House first. =)"

Why not spend a few k more and get the 335i? I can't believe how close they put the 1's and 3's as far as MSRP goes.

W

westcott

Audioholic General

Anyway, I e-mail her:

She replies:

"House first. =)"

Well, look at this way. You will have a house with a garage to park it in. A place to work on it, and time to save up for an M3.!!!!!!

I just bought my wife an E550 and she comes home the other day and asks why it wont go past 130mph?

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'd rock an E550. Is the speed limiter only at 130mph in those cars?

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I'd rock an E550. Is the speed limiter only at 130mph in those cars?
Here in the US, they are limited to 130mph. In Europe, they are limited to 155mph. Some type of gentleman's agreement among the Germans to keep the government off their back and keep the autobahns open.

I will have the limiter taken off once I have the Kleeman headers and Quaife LSD installed. That way the ECU will only have to be flashed once!!! Should do 170+ easy.

Yeah, the E550 is quick. 4.8 seconds to 60mph and 13.4 in the quarter mile at 108mph. Makes a lot of older Corvettes look bad.

Once the warranty is up, a supercharger is on the Christmas list.

Good luck with the house purchase and keep the dream alive. You will get the car you want. Just be patient and if you want it bad enough, you will make it happen.;)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Why not spend a few k more and get the 335i? I can't believe how close they put the 1's and 3's as far as MSRP goes.
I'm 6'4", the woman is 5'3". She says the 3 series is cavernous by comparison, and the 1 series is actually smaller in dimensions than the RSX. She fell in love, so I'm happy with that. Although I do want the 335xi Coupe...

Well, look at this way. You will have a house with a garage to park it in. A place to work on it, and time to save up for an M3.!!!!!!
This is true. She knows if it weren't for her, I'd have way less money in the bank and way more meaningless toys to amuse myself with temporarily. The house is a priority! :)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Come on, even I figured out that darien found it funny for its closeness to queef. :)

I always laugh when someone says Quaife LSD cuz I respond with "You blow angeldust out of your twat?" They usually don't get it either...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis