Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I havent had a home phone in a long time. I don't even know if I have one anymore.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
The airport has a digital output, I'm seriously considering buying a DAC but have no idea where to begin. I want to use it with my T-amp and some monitors in my office. Apparently, some of the lossless stuff comes alive when using the digital side. I dunno. I'm scared to post in the "audio" section. I might get over my head. I guess there are also some IPOD mods that allow it to send digital audio out the dock side..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The airport has a digital output, I'm seriously considering buying a DAC but have no idea where to begin. I want to use it with my T-amp and some monitors in my office. Apparently, some of the lossless stuff comes alive when using the digital side. I dunno. I'm scared to post in the "audio" section. I might get over my head. I guess there are also some IPOD mods that allow it to send digital audio out the dock side..
Can you check out the differences between the digital and analog connections from the Airport on something, like a receiver?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Was that on Amazon??

Can't believe I missed it! Did you buy 2 copies by any chance? :D
Yep, that was on Amazon. There was a coupon code mentioned at dealnews.com, so I picked up a copy. Sorry, I didn't get two - but I'll give you my copy along with some banana plugs for your 3808. See, the deal keeps getting sweeter - but you don't want to miss your window of opportunity. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Can you check out the differences between the digital and analog connections from the Airport on something, like a receiver?
Yeah, but the DAC in the receiver is mediocre at best. From what I'm reading (stupid I know) a separate DAC is the way to go. Of course, this could be the typical audio snake oil stuff. My buddy uses one now and swears by it. Of course, his setup is considerably different than mine. He uses his airport to the DAC to his tube amp and Avante Garde Acoustic Duo's. I was almost sure I could tell a difference even over a CD. The detail on the digital side "seemed" to be superior to the analog.

If anything, at least its a new gadget.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I can't argue with that. :D
Apparently, This pretty lady has gotten some excellent reviews. But then again, I could get a really nice receiver for that kind of cash... I need to talk my buddy into it and I'll buy his...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Apparently, This pretty lady has gotten some excellent reviews. But then again, I could get a really nice receiver for that kind of cash... I need to talk my buddy into it and I'll buy his...
The base model is pricey, but being able to add a USB port for only $500 more? That's a bargain. :p

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
We are having our "IT" picnic today. Tube steaks and hamburgers and eighteen cases of beer:D I am gonna see how drunk i can get:D j/k:D

Later on today charleston is sponsoring a national jet ski race. I am gonna try to make it there as well.
On the jet ski??? :D You'll probably need a ladder. :D

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
The base model is pricey, but being able to add a USB port for only $500 more? That's a bargain. :p
I think adding the USB would be a nice DIY project. I love soldering on items that expensive...

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Just another option:
@ http://www.crunchgear.com/2008/10/09/onkyo-has-wireless-headphones-for-the-ipod-now/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis