Not open for further replies.
mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
Canon 300D / Digital Rebel

2005-2009

:(

apparently people only get around 12,000 actuations on this model
Andre Agassi and I mourn for your loss. Seriously though, sorry to hear that. On the up side, isn't there quite a few nice camera bodies that have been released since '05? I'm a bit of a newb, but I do keep one eye on the photography world.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know why but it is said 'on' the right foot, not 'from'.

Just don't treat the Adams like your children. Treat them like your neighbors retarded children. Especially the other Adam. And as soon as Doug is done with the cat we'll see to it that you get a go. Meooooowwwww! :eek:

Meoooooowch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Drinkin' Widmer Beer and watching Modern Marvels "70s Tech"
Family Guy in 2 minutes!

-pat

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Andre Agassi and I mourn for your loss. Seriously though, sorry to hear that. On the up side, isn't there quite a few nice camera bodies that have been released since '05? I'm a bit of a newb, but I do keep one eye on the photography world.
yes there are :). but i'm tapped out in funds. i 'wanted' a new body, but until the 300D died, i didn't 'need' it yet.

i'm looking at the 500D (Xti) / 50D / or wait for the 60D

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
yes there are :). but i'm tapped out in funds. i 'wanted' a new body, but until the 300D died, i didn't 'need' it yet.

i'm looking at the 500D (Xti) / 50D / or wait for the 60D
Sorry about the loss of your camera, Mike. They just came out with the Rebel T1i here in the states (don't know what the international name is). It seems pretty nice to me, for an entry level SLR, that is. :)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
My budget came in for my new workstation at the office:

8,500 :eek::eek::eek:

HP Z series?

I can buy from any of the main vendors: Dell, HP, and so forth. No Falcon Northwest, Alienware, etc. DIY is not an option.

Need dual CPUs, at least 16GB RAM, and nVIDIA cards (no ATI, as it doesn't seem to work as well with some of our stuff).

We are waiting for Windows 7 to order. So, I got some time.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry about the loss of your camera, Mike. They just came out with the Rebel T1i here in the states (don't know what the international name is). It seems pretty nice to me, for an entry level SLR, that is. :)
oh, my bad. when i typed Xti, i meant t1i :D

500D is what they call it here :)

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Mike - that's a lot of pics of your little man!

(I actually just backed mine up on DVD and we've got over 7 gigs for less than two years...sheesh...that's a well documented child...)

-pat

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
My budget came in for my new workstation at the office:

8,500 :eek::eek::eek:

HP Z series?

I can buy from any of the main vendors: Dell, HP, and so forth. No Falcon Northwest, Alienware, etc. DIY is not an option.

Need dual CPUs, at least 16GB RAM, and nVIDIA cards (no ATI, as it doesn't seem to work as well with some of our stuff).

We are waiting for Windows 7 to order. So, I got some time.
Wow, that seems to be a pretty decent budget for what it is "I think" you do.

I assume the budget is just for the box? Or do you have to purchase new peripherals and display(s)?

Sun Microsystems makes some nice units, but probably not exactly what you're looking for. There are some other nice platforms, but are just high end "home" pc's.

Your best choices probably are going to be HP or Dell.

The HP Z series do look like super machines at a pretty reasonable price. Their reliability seems to be superior to the dell boxes. Thats a big plus in the HP column. It certainly looks like it fits the bill. A lot of boards wont do 16 GB Ram.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Wow, that seems to be a pretty decent budget for what it is "I think" you do.

I assume the budget is just for the box? Or do you have to purchase new peripherals and display(s)?

Sun Microsystems makes some nice units, but probably not exactly what you're looking for. There are some other nice platforms, but are just high end "home" pc's.

Your best choices probably are going to be HP or Dell.

The HP Z series do look like super machines at a pretty reasonable price. Their reliability seems to be superior to the dell boxes. Thats a big plus in the HP column. It certainly looks like it fits the bill. A lot of boards wont do 16 GB Ram.
What do you think I do?

Yeah, the budget is just for the box.

HP certainly seems to be the front runner.

Dell is also an option, but their comparable workstations seem to cost more, and I'm using a Dell box now that I'm not in love with.

You got me thinking with Sun Microsystems, I didn't think of them, but when I went to their website their workstations look pretty dated technically.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I'm a bit f'd up right now, so, this reply might not make sense....

Okay, I uploaded three mixes for you. They are all legal. Two are radioshows from Radio One and the other is off the decks.

www.digitalnoesis.org/ah/

These show some of the range of electronic...

Trentemoller is like minimal tech .. very dark and proggy sounding, but big on the builds you speak of.

Mark Farina is a Chicago jazzy house DJ known for smooth riding mixes.

High Contrast is drum and bass. Double-time over laid back melodic sounds.

Give these a listen as see what you think. :)
Sensi, I listened to nearly all of this, and I definitely like Trentemoller and the High Contrast show more than Mark Farina's stuff. Thanks for the music, and if you want to send me more, I'd be down with that.

On another note, I suffered a crushing loss yesterday when the job I thought I had (even the CFO and a future teammate were pulling for me) was pulled out from underneath me. I'm trying to regroup today and figure out what I should have my next steps to be. Maybe I'll post more detail of the incident in it's own thread. It's quite the story.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike - that's a lot of pics of your little man!

(I actually just backed mine up on DVD and we've got over 7 gigs for less than two years...sheesh...that's a well documented child...)

-pat
lol. i wish i spent all those actuations on my kid ... but i bought that cam so i could document my fishes' growth (previous koi hobby) :D

then there's this hobby ...

edit: i checked and i spent more than half of those pics on my kid :)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
What do you think I do?

Yeah, the budget is just for the box.

HP certainly seems to be the front runner.

Dell is also an option, but their comparable workstations seem to cost more, and I'm using a Dell box now that I'm not in love with.

You got me thinking with Sun Microsystems, I didn't think of them, but when I went to their website their workstations look pretty dated technically.

I'm pretty sure you engineer things and use some very intensive CAD program. I forgot the program, but it sounded complex

Sun can build custom machines as well. They're excellent workstations, built to extreme quality control standards.

You might also look at the Lenovo Thinkstations. Again, their retail packages probably aren't what you're looking for exactly, but with your budget they would be worth contacting, and getting a bid on exactly what you want. I recently purchased one of their mobile workstations (4 grand) and its easily met my expectations.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
edit: i checked and i spent more than half of those pics on my kid :)
Glad to hear the priorities are in the right place! :D

I'm pretty sure my wife cleaned out an equal amount of photos that were discarded...

-pat

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
This post puts me on the front page for post count

3,763 passing Tomorrow for the front page.

I've only got 9,021 more to make up on Adam at the time of this post, lol.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
3,763 passing Tomorrow for the front page.

I've only got 9,021 more to make up on Adam at the time of this post, lol.
If you guys both maintain your posting pace, that will happen in about 2600 days.

you will have 38,765 posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis