Car modding/projects thread!

jbrillo

jbrillo

Junior Audioholic
Here is my latest project:

2010 Red Candy Metallic tinted clearcoat 5-spd & 3.73 axle package. Stock.....for now. But that will change!

Last edited:
W

westcott

Audioholic General
Please add 2.5inch drop on every corner.

The Transmission is rebuilt and in the car, working perfectly. Changed out one of my axles for the correct one (not going to get into the details).

Now, I need to do the HG, TB, and WP. Yeah, this is the last used car I buy. Ever.

SheepStar
Glad to hear the transmission is doing its job.

I used to get a lot of crap from friends because I always bought new. But, IMO, I know what I am getting new, I now how the car was maintained, and since I keep my cars for a long time, I usually get my money's worth in the end. I don't gamble and a car is a pretty big investment.

The photo of my car is with the suspension raised to clear the curb without ripping the nose off. It drops two inches or more once I clear the curb and she is up to speed.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Here is my latest project:

2010 Red Candy Metallic tinted clearcoat 5-spd & 3.73 axle package. Stock.....for now. But that will change!
Still not a fan of the rear end on the 10's, but maybe it'll grow on me. That's definitely a nice wheel for stock. Stock with a strut tower brace, that's nice too.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am not a fan of the back end either, but the car as a whole looks a lot better on the road. Road & Track said they would be hard to spot, but they really stand out from the previous ones IMO.

I see a LOT of Camaros around here already. One works right up the street from me, except that it is Yellow (bumblebee).

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think they put more mean in the front of the new Stang and more wimp in the rear. They shoulda kept the back as straight and chiseled as the previous.

The new Camaro is what I'd want, but I really dislike the interior.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Put the Camaro interior in the challenger and call it a day.

SheepStar

N

NicolasKL

Full Audioholic
The Challenger is a pig. The Camaro won this round of the muscle car wars AFAIC, though if/when the Mustang gets a 5.0 it may change things.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Yeah, Camaro SS > Challenger SRT8.

Last night, the woman had to pick up a rental car for work. She looked at the Camaro and liked the interior. I was surprised...

I may follow this post with a new thread titled "Can I find another perfect car?" Cuz so far, I can't. :(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I kind of like the interior in the Camaro, but I do think a little clean up would help. It looks a little cheap to me and it looks almost a bit too retro.

Nemo128

Nemo128

I kind of like the interior in the Camaro, but I do think a little clean up would help. It looks a little cheap to me and it looks almost a bit too retro.
Exactly! Sometimes I think these classics-inspired cars go a lil too far with the inspiration.

Last edited by a moderator:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I see a LOT of Camaros around here already. One works right up the street from me, except that it is Yellow (bumblebee).
I've only seen a few Camaro's around, but they're always the yellow one. Funny. Who knows, maybe I just keep seeing the same one.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've only seen a few Camaro's around, but they're always the yellow one. Funny. Who knows, maybe I just keep seeing the same one.
I saw a silver Z28 on Sat and the chick driving it was hot (and no kidding, actually looked kind of like Megan Fox). This was near the dealership though, so she probably worked there.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Exactly! Sometimes I think these classics-inspired cars go a lil too far with the inspiration.
What are you looking to get into? Personally buying domestic is synonymous with shooting yourself in the foot.

SheepStar

Matt34

Matt34

I saw a silver Z28 on Sat and the chick driving it was hot (and no kidding, actually looked kind of like Megan Fox). This was near the dealership though, so she probably worked there.

I saw a maroon SS at the chevy dealership that someone had ordered. Looked really nice but I still think I'd take a black SRT-8 Challenger over it.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I saw a maroon SS at the chevy dealership that someone had ordered. Looked really nice but I still think I'd take a black SRT-8 Challenger over it.
Have you seen the interior? Its the same as a Magnum and 300C. Boooorring.

EDIT: I still think silver was the best looking color I've seen so far for that car.

SheepStar

Nemo128

Nemo128

What are you looking to get into? Personally buying domestic is synonymous with shooting yourself in the foot.

SheepStar
I dunno man, I personally think the Mustang GT, the Camaro SS, and the Z06 or ZR1 would be great. The ZR1 is out of my price range. :D

I'd like to get some opinions, expect a new thread.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Originally Posted by Sheep

SheepStar
Yet another reason why I'm glad Sheep's on my ignore list. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. Domestic cars are just fine. American cars have significantly increased their build quality over the last couple of decades, so much so that they're equal to imports in many respects.

Show me another car that has as rich of an aftermarket as the Ford Mustang. I can easilly take a stock Mustang and mod it to blow the doors off of a Porsche or BMW, for half the cost!

Gimme a break. Rice boys and their ignorant comments and over-inflated ego's crack me up. :rolleyes:

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yet another reason why I'm glad Sheep's on my ignore list. This has got to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever heard. Domestic cars are just fine. American cars have significantly increased their build quality over the last couple of decades, so much so that they're equal to imports in many respects.

Show me another car that has as rich of an aftermarket as the Ford Mustang. I can easilly take a stock Mustang and mod it to blow the doors off of a Porsche or BMW, for half the cost!

Gimme a break. Rice boys and their ignorant comments and over-inflated ego's crack me up. :rolleyes:
He should consider the fact that German's love Mustangs and get them imported to drive on the autobahn. Still there is really no such thing as a domestic car. We have a global society and companies use all their resources to make the best cars they can given the budget and constraints.

Not all owners of foreign cars have such snobbery. Give me that new Camaro anyday of the week and I'll be very happy. I grew up loving Camaro's and will die loving them. I can't wait for the convertible to come out.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Come on bud. What's this about. We're having a nice peaceful convo, even when opinions differ, and you gotta throw out the beef. The only time I like beef is on a bun, on the grill, or with broccoli. :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Come on bud. What's this about. We're having a nice peaceful convo, even when opinions differ, and you gotta throw out the beef. The only time I like beef is on a bun, on the grill, or with broccoli. :D
Thanks now I want steak.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis