Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For an enthusiast, I can see a plasma, but... for your parents, just have them get a LCD. Cheap, light weight, looks pretty good, no worries of screen burn.
Thanks, Sensi. They do cost more, though, for a given size and resolution (at least when comparing Samsung LCDs to Panasonic plasmas). My dad commented on seeing motion effects on the LCDs at Best Buy, which (I think) isn't an issue on plasmas - at least, I've never noticed it on mine.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I quit drinkin about 12 hours ago.. I might still not be able to drive. I really need to find my buddy a girl.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I quit drinkin about 12 hours ago.. I might still not be able to drive. I really need to find my buddy a girl.
Man, if I drank every night that I didn't have a girl, then...oh, wait. I do. :D

Me thinks it's too soon for the P90X beer limit to be over - so I'm guessing that you've decided to ignore it. :p

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Man, if I drank every night that I didn't have a girl, then...oh, wait. I do. :D

Me thinks it's too soon for the P90X beer limit to be over - so I'm guessing that you've decided to ignore it. :p
Eh, i figured i'd enhance the ol' muscle confusion bullhockey... Mine are pretty confused.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Heck, if you grab anything let us know. (we're pretty bored):)
I had them set aside a mess of albums. I picked out the greatest hits of America, Elton John, Alan Parsons Project, Dean Martin, Simon & Garfunkle, Paul Simon, Carley Simon and The Rolling Stones. I picked a bunch of other Stone albums too along with a couple of Three Dog Night records. The list is kind of long and those are the ones I can remember and am willing to admit to choosing.

I forgot to get some Neil Diamond! :eek:

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I had them set aside a mess of albums. I picked out the greatest hits of America, Elton John, Alan Parsons Project, Dean Martin, Simon & Garfunkle, Paul Simon, Carley Simon and The Rolling Stones. I picked a bunch of other Stone albums too along with a couple of Three Dog Night records. The list is kind of long and those are the ones I can remember and am willing to admit to choosing.

I forgot to get some Neil Diamond! :eek:
Good haul.

Remember...Don't sing along with Dino too loudly. Your neighbors might not care for that.:rolleyes::confused::eek:;):confused::)

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
I should be able to blow some speakers and ears with these...

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Good haul.

Remember...Don't sing along with Dino too loudly. Your neighbors might not care for that.:rolleyes::confused::eek:;):confused::)
In Rhode Island Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra (reminds me to look for Nina Simone) are tops. If you are walking down the street and start humming one of their tunes the next thing you know everybody joins in like in West Side Story. :D

It's funny that my singing voice is so horrid that I ruin Happy Birthday. I don't even sing it. Like the only time I do sing is at work. I figure that since I'm miserable ... ;)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thanks, Sensi. They do cost more, though, for a given size and resolution (at least when comparing Samsung LCDs to Panasonic plasmas). My dad commented on seeing motion effects on LSD at Best Buy, which (I think) isn't an issue on plasmas - at least, I've never noticed it on mine.
:eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks, Sensi. They do cost more, though, for a given size and resolution (at least when comparing Samsung LCDs to Panasonic plasmas). My dad commented on seeing motion effects on the LCDs at Best Buy, which (I think) isn't an issue on plasmas - at least, I've never noticed it on mine.
Ah, if they noticed the motion effects than get them a plasma. My parents wouldn't have noticed some of the negatives of LCDs.

I have a LCD and the motion effects are noticable compared to a plasma. But, I really only notice it in videogames more than in movies or tv (not that it isn't there, its just not noticable enough for me to care).

Should I delete it?
Nah, this is the boring thread, he could have been complimenting you.

Best Buy on LSD would be pretty scary though. I couldn't imagine all those TVs going and all the different sounds... movies and music and kids playing... I'm pretty sure walking through Best Buy on acid would wig me out.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Nah, this is the boring thread, he could have been complimenting you.

Best Buy on LSD would be pretty scary though. I couldn't imagine all those TVs going and all the different sounds... movies and music and kids playing... I'm pretty sure walking through Best Buy on acid would wig me out.
I think I should, only the 2nd one sounds good enough to me, now that Andrew mentioned it.
Ahhhhh... the heck with it. It is the boring thread, you're right. You win. Sorry Andrew. I'm just too bored to remove it.
Ahhhhh... I'll do it, it is a boring joke when it's a double one like that. Andrew, you win. It's been taking care off. "Off" with one "f" or two?

Last edited:
Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hey, RJ. How are the foundation and walls? Any major cracks?
LOL...nothing major...but there indeed ARE a couple of minor cracks to drywall that I'd never seen before! Even a cracked switch plate. :eek:

I can't think of many movies with that much deep and crackling LFE. Be sure to rent or buy this BD flick and do a building-soundness test on your own place. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis