GUTZ! Post your favorite amplifier and receiver inards

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
That's a very decent looking piece of kit, croseiv.
Pioneer Elite receivers from a few years back were pretty well engineered,
with good build and weight.
Thanks LOTR, Yeah I'm going to hate parting with this guy when I finally upgrade the receiver to a more current pre/pro/receiver (in the near future)....It has performed well.:)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thank you croseiv.

Great find croseiv, I'll accept this as a fair proof, from the catalog brochure of the 3800.
So, it does mean that indeed the Yamaha RX-V3800 (Seth=L, are you reading this ;)), is using two block capacitors rated at 18,000uF capacitance.
Same as the Yamaha RX-V2700, which I'm also holding the catalog brochure as I'm typing this.
And it is a fact that the Yamaha RX-Z7 is also using these same two 18,000uF block capacitors.

Now, another fact is that the RX-V1800 and RX-V1900 are using two 12,000uF caps.

* BUT, now my big question: Is the Yamaha RX-V3900 also using 18,000uF block capacitors? Is there a concrete proof also of this somehere, which I'm really starting to believe at this point. Perhaps, croseiv, you can find it, same as you did with the 3800?

I really appreciate that, when someone like croseiv, brings us a concrete proof of our disproof (well, my "disembowelment"), not to be discombobulated with disenfranchisement or disinterestedness in a verisimilitude way. :D :rolleyes:

Ok, I admit it, the last paragraph contains few words that I just created for pure disillusionment of the disestablishment, and between any dissimilarity from disqualification. :rolleyes:

And no, I don't feel any disquietude or disorderliness from disparagement in my dispassionately disposition. Case dissolutely dissolve. :rolleyes:

I finally stand corrected.

Bob

Note: I hope that nobody will see any seriousness in my last few paragraphs.
Sincerely not too serious. No, but seriously... ;)

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Great find croseiv, I'll accept this as a fair proof, from the catalog brochure of the 3800.
So, it does mean that indeed the Yamaha RX-V3800 (Seth=L, are you reading this ;)), is using two block capacitors rated at 18,000uF capacitance.
Same as the Yamaha RX-V2700, which I'm also holding the catalog brochure as I'm typing this.
And it is a fact that the Yamaha RX-Z7 is also using these same two 18,000uF block capacitors.

Now, another fact is that the RX-V1800 and RX-V1900 are using two 12,000uF caps.

* BUT, now my big question: Is the Yamaha RX-V3900 also using 18,000uF block capacitors? Is there a concrete proof also of this somehere, which I'm really starting to believe at this point. Perhaps, croseiv, you can find it, same as you did with the 3800?

I really appreciate that, when someone like croseiv, brings us a concrete proof of our disproof (well, my "disembowelment"), not to be discombobulated with disenfranchisement or disinterestedness in a verisimilitude way. :D :rolleyes:

Ok, I admit it, the last paragraph contains few words that I was just creating for pure disillusionment of the disestablishment, and between any dissimilarity from disqualification. :rolleyes:

And no, I don't feel any disquietude or disorderliness from disparagement in my dispassionately disposition. Case dissolutely disolve. :rolleyes:

I finally stand corrected.

Bob

Note: I hope that nobody will see any seriousness in my last few paragraphs.
Sincerely not too serious. ;)
LOL!!!:) I'd still like to see under Seth=L's 3800 hood if he feels like taking a peek..

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
No, I got that from looking inside my receiver before I put it in the entertainment rack.;)
Did you remove the top cover? Or you just have a peak though the vents?

Ok, I admit it, it is a stupid couple questions, of course you remove the top.
But, you must be playing, cause you knew about those 18,000uF bottles...
Hmmm... What's up Seth=L? Where are you posting recently?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Same for me, let's just ask him. :D I'm sure he wouldn't mind. :rolleyes:
I've got the time now. I will begin as soon as I finish posting. However, you owe someone a nice vacation and YOU ARE FORGETTING TO POST CAP RATINGS YOU BIG DUMMY!!!!!:D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
I've got the time now. I will begin as soon as I finish posting. However, you owe someone a nice vacation and YOU ARE FORGETTING TO POST CAP RATINGS YOU BIG DUMMY!!!!!:D
Yep, croseiv won the FREE month vacation. His ticket has already been sent to him by mail. Shouldn't take more than a month for him to get it.
Meanwhile, I'm going in vacation for a month. :D

So, screw the microfarads.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Yamaha RX-V663 innards and externals (in & out), owned by Matt34, one of our mods.

I know that there are more people that own the Yamaha RX-V663,
but I know at least Matt34 got it in his equipment from his signature.

So, for his very cute little girl, here's the Yamaha RX-V663 in it's full glory. :)

* http://www.areadvd.de/hardware/2008/yamaha_rx_v663.shtml

--> This is the first receiver that I'm aware of, owned by a moderator.
I'm sure, as we progress, it won't be the last.
There are more to come for sure in Seth=L's thread.

Bob

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, croseiv won the FREE month vacation. His ticket has already been sent to him by mail. Shouldn't take more than a month for him to get it.
Meanwhile, I'm going in vacation for a month. :D

So, screw the microfarads.
I see what you did there.;)

I'm uploading the pictures of the RX-V3800 guts now. I bought this receiver used, so the dust inside is not my doing.

Edit: the RX-V663 only has two 6800uF rated caps?!?!:confused: I would have at least expected 10,000uF considering the accolades that receiver has obtained.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I see what you did there.;)

I'm uploading the pictures of the RX-V3800 guts now. I bought this receiver used, so the dust inside is not my doing.

Edit: the RX-V663 only has two 6800uF rated caps?!?!:confused: I would have at least expected 10,000uF considering the accolades that receiver has obtained.
And there were pictures...

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Speachless I see. I think you owe me a vacation as well Bob, I need one really bad.:eek:

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Right on.

Those are excellent pictures that you took Seth=L.
Now I do understand where you spend some time in the last short while.
It was worth the wait, as your pictures truly speak from themselves.
Indeed, I was speechless and in awe.

Hey, you earn your chicklets fair and square.

And those are really 18,000uF block caps.

* But then, I did not see the serial # anywhere about being a Yamaha RX-V3800!!! :confused::(;):D:rolleyes::mad::eek::cool::):p

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Im to lazy(and old) to pull the 80+ lbs 2ch beast from the bottom shelf so here is the way it looks(thanks berner) no covers or nothing

85 silicon transistors
47 silicon rectifiers and diodes
14 integrated circuits

oh and 2x 38,000uf caps:D

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
* But then, I did not see the serial # anywhere about being a Yamaha RX-V3800!!! :confused::(;):D:rolleyes::mad::eek::cool::):p
I don't take pictures of "serial #s". However, if you look in my system thread and use investigative skills (I'm sure few rival you in that department) you will verify they are indeed the same AVR, or at least you can verify that both pictures were taken in the same location.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis